• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Makeup is crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Rachel-Weisz01.jpg

Girls should just look like this, natural, no make-up is the best.

You know she's wearing makeup in this picture, right?... or is that the joke? I don't know.

People saying that women look better without make-up must be just talking about women under 30, because when most women hit 30, unless they're really exceptional, pretty much look a lot better with make-up.

way more

You know she's wearing makeup in this picture, right?

I look at a lot of pictures on the internet so I know when a women is wearing make-up and when one is not.

Mac%20Cometics%20on%20Models.jpg

Make-up.

rachel-weisz-live-earth.jpg

Natural beauty who is smart and doesn't need to use whore paint to trick men.

GamerJM

Banned
wow, she's alot prettier without makeup.

I agree. I'm kind of weird like that though. In most instances I find girls prettier without makeup unless they're just really bad without it. I dunno, they feel more down-to-earth to me without it.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I wore mineral make-up for months and had near perfect skin. I just recently switched back to liquid foundation (because its cheaper) and I've definitely been more broken out lately. I'm switching back to light mineral powder.

I wish this worked for me. It's less bad, but still bad. Damn my sensitive skin.

edit: You guys really shouldn't take mac seriously...

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
So wearing make up for a prolonged period does mess up your skin... I figured as much, but I never asked to confirm it because it seems like a rude question to ask. It's easiest to see this effect with female celebrities because they cake so much makeup on; when they go without make-up, they end up looking so much more pale and old compared to other non-famous, non makeup wearing females around their age.

Not all make-up ruins your skin. Some are actually quite good for you, like the hydrating ones with hyaluronic acid or skin plumping ones or the gel or serum formulations. But those tend to be extremely expensive. Some also have SPF and for someone like me who is VERY prone to hyper pigmentation and dark spots, make-up actually helps with that. A lot of women just tend to cake it on and use whatever is famous atm, most don't use stuff that is actually good for your skin type.

I have one of the most sensitive and dryest skin ever.

I wish girls were smart enough to realize they don't need make-up. Or maybe they just aren't as naturally pretty as my GF, who wears no make-up.

Rachel-Weisz01.jpg

Not sure if joking. Girl is wearing a lot of makeup.

But it's done in a tasteful, not over-the-top way.

That's very cute and all ,but the problem with makeup is that the majority of women don't know where to stop.
It goes into clowncake/"bitchlook" territory real fast and it's not attractive at all, just because you look better with light makeup doesn't mean men don't still prefer NO make up to the clown/whore make up that you see in magazines and music videos and clubs.
So when they say you look better without makeup that is what they mean.

If you do use a lot of make up don't pretend you're doing it for anyone other than yourself.

Zoe

I always thought the complaints about getting the "are you sick?" comments were faulty. Girls get that because they go outside of the established norm. I never wear makeup, so I've never been told that.

y2dvd

Girl in the op looks better without makeup. Still looks better without makeup even over the 2nd link of her. Light makeup would be ideal IMO.

Platy

I wish girls were smart enough to realize they don't need make-up. Or maybe they just aren't as naturally pretty as my GF, who wears no make-up.

Rachel-Weisz01.jpg

She is in a party dress in a red carpet.

Even the microphone used to interview her is using makeup =P

tmarques

I feel sorry for women, really. I can barely stand having sunscreen on my face, I can't imagine what it's like having to plaster your face every day with a pound of make up. Not to mention that this sh*t is expensive. Add to that all the shaving and plucking... Yeah, poor women.

Sinistral

Question for those in the know. Is the continuous use of make up detrimental to maintaining natural(real no make up) beauty? I mean some of these girls start wearing make up at 15 and under and have used them for years.

That's a lot of chemicals applied daily for the majority of the day. Must have some adverse affects, which then lead to needing more make up. Another one of lifes slippery slopes?

Edit: Reason why I rarely post... Google search says. Yes. Internet must be right!

McLovin

I like the low make-up look. But I'm not gonna say they shouldn't wear it. Some women need it, some don't, some wear way to much.

mantidor

I feel sorry for women, really. I can barely stand having sunscreen on my face, I can't imagine what it's like having to plaster your face every day with a pound of make up. Not to mention that this sh*t is expensive. Add to that all the shaving and plucking... Yeah, poor women.

I was pretty much feeling the same thing.

And now I feel so freaking grateful I don't have the acne that has been shown in some of these videos, I sometimes complained because of small things and now I feel like a prick.

The structure of our community requires women to wear makeup, because unfortunately you generally need to look good to get ahead as a woman. It's cool to have a personal preference, but let people do what they want with their own bodies and what they feel best works for them. After all, if we have an outfit or haircut that really works for us, don't we stick with it no matter what?

javac

Women should be allowed to apply how much or how little makeup they want. Don't want to wear makeup? Cool! You do want to wear makeup? Cool!

Sure people may say too much is bad but it's up to them really and even lots of makeup can look good. And especially for celebrities who get lights and cameras flashing all over the place.

Also I guess in general it'd be like saying to a guy "You don't need to be ripped!" And...maybe the guy looks good with a normal body but a lot of guys still don't want to miss leg day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom