• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Makeup is crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The effect would not be as dramatic if wearing make-up didn't completely destroy your skin. You wear a bit of make-up on your face, which makes your skin worse, which causes you to wear MORE make-up. Sad truth. I'm glad I stopped, my skin is much improved.
Same with a lot of anti-acne products.

B9rGoVm.jpg

huh

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Not that I would know, but aren't there some makeup companies that sell products that do not harm your face and are OK?

Hm, I think it depends. I've certainly heard the claim. I have very sensitive skin though, so it doesn't really matter what I wear. I'll rash up and break out regardless.

Pau

The effect would not be as dramatic if wearing make-up didn't completely destroy your skin. You wear a bit of make-up on your face, which makes your skin worse, which causes you to wear MORE make-up. Sad truth. I'm glad I stopped, my skin is much improved.
I always wonder if I have nice skin because I almost never wear make up and the second I start doing it regularly that'll change. :/

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I always wonder if I have nice skin because I almost never wear make up and the second I start doing it regularly that'll change. :/

My skin was nice up until my senior year of college, then the stress caused me to break out. I put on some make-up to cover that up, and it was a downward spiral from there. Several years later I quit face make-up cold turkey (sounds like a drug) and it took a year for my face to get back to normal.

I don't recommend it!

subrock

Make up is gross. I'll never date a girl that needs to wear it like the girl in the op. A girl the can wear it (sparingly) is fine. Don't like waking up next to a completely different face than the one I fell asleep next to.

Raiden

Banned
Make up is gross. I'll never date a girl that needs to wear it like the girl in the op. A girl the can wear it (sparingly) is fine. Don't like waking up next to a completely different face than the one I fell asleep next to.

Seriously, this makes me reconsider that one time were i felt like a boss because the hottest chick in the place asked me for my number. Got her FB as well and every single picture she has heavy make up on. I wonder how she looks like without ..

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I know she comments on it in the video, but the colour of her make up doesn't look quite right on her, she says it matches the colour of her neck but it still looks off to me in a noticeable way. Maybe it is the lightning, but I looked in other videos of hers and the same problem of her face looking an odder shade of orange than her body just looks weird to me.

The video might hide the "imperfections", but I think she looks better in the bridal video before she puts anything else on top.

Mine and my Fiancées families are quite populated with women, so while I know better I still occasionally comment on if one of them looks ill when they have no make up on.

Pau

My skin was nice up until my senior year of college, then the stress caused me to break out. I put on some make-up to cover that up, and it was a downward spiral from there. Several years later I quit face make-up cold turkey (sounds like a drug) and it took a year for my face to get back to normal.

I don't recommend it!
Hmm. That and pure laziness keeps me from putting it on regularly but my face is so boring without it. :(

Jokab

She looked great anywhere between 1:30 and 5:30. After that it just got a bit too much for my taste.

bremon

Some people use a hammer to frame a house, or hang a picture. Some people use them to accidentally break their thumb. Makeup can be similar. If used correctly, results can be fantastic. If misused, I don't really want to be in the vicinity.

AAK

Man... putting all those brushes and pencils near your eye. I keep getting that Dead Space 2 Eye test scene stuck in my head everytime I see someone do it.

Man... putting all those brushes and pencils near your eye. I keep getting that Dead Space 2 Eye test scene stuck in my head everytime I see someone do it.

The concept of eyeliner itself is just weird to me for that reason. Rubbing a pencil right on the inner edge of the eyelid? No thanks.

Iph

Banned
Makeup can be fun. It can be appealing, mysterious, sexy, cute, colourful, ornate, gothic, punk, anything- but it's all varying degrees of costume in the end. It doesn't have to be bad or good but since it is a product, of course we are always surrounded with images trying to condition us to believe it is a necessity, and the face behind the mask is somehow "bad" or "incomplete".

"You're not an attractive enough woman without it."

It's expensive and has warped our views of acceptable, desirable, current beauty to such extremes as ganguro girls, fake tans, bleached, damaged hair, deathly black eyes, damaged skin, lighter wallets and an even heavier sense of ugliness.

I appreciate what makeup can do and why people enjoy it, but when it is not for something special only- when you're everyday face isn't special enough, it makes me kind of sad that this is what so many women and men see as true beauty as opposed to costume flair for special occasions.

Iph

Banned
It can be crazy. There was one pageant girl that showed herself without make up and she was covered in zits and blisters from acne.

Wonder if all the makeup helped cause it or all the makeup was used because she already had a problem.

Yeah, makeup can do some crazy things. My GF likes to play around with it a lot trying different things..

So yeah, she was able to make herself look like Michael Jackson with about an hour of makeup experimentation. It was terrifying. :lol

Mr.Ock

Yeah, makeup can do some crazy things. My GF likes to play around with it a lot trying different things..

So yeah, she was able to make herself look like Michael Jackson with about an hour of makeup experimentation. It was terrifying. :lol

Ha, that's awesome, dude! I love when makeup is used in creative ways!
Lovely GF too!

The one in the op is particularly dramatic because she's changing the skin tone of her face. Trick is to look at her neck or other parts of her body in comparison to the face. For instance look at her hand while she's putting this shit on.

That was creepy. I turned it off after 10 seconds. I got the basics of what the OP was talking about, but watching anymore made me feel like an old creeper.

You know..I understand the point of this picture, but I wish they didn't completely change some of her facial features to drive home the point. Yeah I know it's just a cartoon, but they purposely changed her facial expression (made her look sad) and made her look tired in her eyes (not talking about the lines which the makeup covers up..I'm talking about how they make it look like she is squinting) to make it obvious. Anyway..yeah a lot of people don't realize that people with "no makeup" sometimes have some foundation and eye liner on still.

Yah. One of my friends wears a TON of makeup and when we go to the spa it's... frightening. I'm sure if she took a break for a few months it would smooth out, but her face is wrecked...

You can get away with a bit, but I hardly wear any and my skin is in waaay better shape than my friends who go for that porcelain doll look (up close it's cakey and bumpy). The place where I ever did stuff (eyelashes) suffered from the curling and they're not as thick as they used to be now. Avoid it in general and wash it all off asap if you do, I say. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom