• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Makeup is crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madrin

She looks pretty cute without makeup. I'm not a big fan of makeup but I have to admit that eyeliner can make a pretty big difference.

Can we turn this into a thread where you gentleman try putting on make-up to see how 'enhanced' a look you can get and then you post your before and after results? Pleeeeeease? :D

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
R4r.png
kbCWJGZ.jpeg

My dude doesn't need mascara or eyeliner. =p.

Gold eyeshadow time. Oooooooh yeeeeah.

I would probably look 20 times better if i put that stuff that girls put under their eyes and something that fades away my forehead wrinkles.

I love the no makeup makeup look.

You could use that without much ado, you know. I know quite a few guys that do. I also need a bit for my under eye circles, so I can empathize.

My face is white because I fake tan my body but not my face so I wont break out. So I use a dark foundation or else I'd have a white face and brown body.

Why fake tan at all?

Jokab

Go outside?

I'm sure you could figure out yourself why your retort is sort of ridiculous if you gave it some thought but I'll give you the rundown anyway.

1. Might not have time. I'm no expert on fake tanning but I'd imagine it's faster than simply being out in the sun.
2. Might be a shitty summer.
3. Miight be a time of the year when the sun isn't out as much, or live in a country or region where you don't get tanned as easily as in cali or something.

Its impressive what a little bit of foundation can do.

A bit of powder foundation, concealer under the eyes and pinkish blush and I look pretty much alive!

My skin's fine (thankfully those awkward teenage years are long past) but it just evens the tone out a little and takes any shine off.

I usually wear some eyeliner too, although it often migrates under my eyes by the end of the day. Eyeshadow just goes into the creases of my eyelids, but I can't be arsed with primer so I never use it.

devilhawk

The only thing that was off-putting was not the amount of makeup, it was the drastic difference of her foundation to her natural tone.

Coconut

Banned
It's less that makeup is amazing and more that artificial lighting for filming makes people look really bad without makeup.

This reminds me of that one study that said 80% of women wait a month before letting their boyfriend see them without makeup. And 8% wait a year...

Study was supposedly done by a makeup company, though.

The effect would not be as dramatic if wearing make-up didn't completely destroy your skin. You wear a bit of make-up on your face, which makes your skin worse, which causes you to wear MORE make-up. Sad truth. I'm glad I stopped, my skin is much improved.
Bu, bu, but think of the companies!
If you stop buying the make-up that ruins your skin how will they sell you revitalizer/renew/etc creams to repair the damage? Are you a comunist or something!?

She looks excellent completely without make-up.
Prefer that version out of them all, but then again she is just naturally beautiful.
I agree. There's something alluring about no makeup at all.
Add another vote for the completely without make-up.

way more

I wish girls were smart enough to realize they don't need make-up. Or maybe they just aren't as naturally pretty as my GF, who wears no make-up.

Rachel-Weisz01.jpg

Girls should just look like this, natural, no make-up is the best.

My skin was nice up until my senior year of college, then the stress caused me to break out. I put on some make-up to cover that up, and it was a downward spiral from there. Several years later I quit face make-up cold turkey (sounds like a drug) and it took a year for my face to get back to normal.

I don't recommend it!

So wearing make up for a prolonged period does mess up your skin... I figured as much, but I never asked to confirm it because it seems like a rude question to ask. It's easiest to see this effect with female celebrities because they cake so much makeup on; when they go without make-up, they end up looking so much more pale and old compared to other non-famous, non makeup wearing females around their age.

I wish girls were smart enough to realize they don't need make-up. Or maybe they just aren't as naturally pretty as my GF, who wears no make-up.

Rachel-Weisz01.jpg

...Joking with that image? That's not natural or make-up free at all...

Grinchy

Banned

I really do find the no makeup picture to be the best here.

And the girl in the OP video needs to realize how much worse she looks when she goes for all that clown makeup. A little bit is ok, but she' under the delusion that she actually looks best at the end. That's a problem.

Jzero

She has no makeup makeup. Pretty sure you're joking though.

Grinchy

Banned
Alright, regardless of makeup - this is one of the cutest girls I've ever seen. The acne, it does nothing. Her smile is just insane.

I wonder if her problems with acne aren't getting better because of how much makeup she cakes on every single day. I had horrible acne when I was in middle school up until my first year of high school. I got prescribed some Retin A and I used it meticulously for a couple months. I had to be really careful about keeping my skin clean and applying just the right amount to every single blemish.

I ended up with skin so smooth and clear that people think I'm way younger than I am these days (29 now). I hardly ever get a zit anymore.

Rachel-Weisz01.jpg

Agreed, too many painted faces out there. I like my women to be Real Women™

Keri

Not that I would know, but aren't there some makeup companies that sell products that do not harm your face and are OK?

I wore mineral make-up for months and had near perfect skin. I just recently switched back to liquid foundation (because its cheaper) and I've definitely been more broken out lately. I'm switching back to light mineral powder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom