• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Grinchy

Banned
When you need some extra cash, don't forget that golden snails sell for like 7.4K each. They are very easy to farm with expeditions and you can stock a bunch of them away for a rainy day. I'd much rather sell those than grind 100K+

Syysch

this. basically bum rush the hater asap and kill him/her before they kill enemies. i've done these quests but they took a couple times because haters kept killing the damn npcs.

Yeah i had one for a low colored metal in the early 10s that i was trying to do post-game, and it took like 20-30 tries refreshing the area to kill the hater before he could oneshot a screamer (or get oneshot himself if someone sent a naked level 1 hunter). I had to get lucky with the hater whiffing attacks a couple times before i could jump a wall and brainshroom him to break up the fight that started when i was like 50m away.

Spman2099

Hey, guys. I am trying to figure out how to get to the floor 20 boss, could someone take a screen shot of the current map for me? I would greatly appreciate it.

When you need some extra cash, don't forget that golden snails sell for like 7.4K each. They are very easy to farm with expeditions and you can stock a bunch of them away for a rainy day. I'd much rather sell those than grind 100K+

How do you farm them using expeditions? What floor are they on?

Sande

Do you get to exact revenge on a revenge or does the game consider you even?
Quoting myself for the new page. Anyone know about this?

I'm not the vindictive type so there's no incentive for me to pick someone on the revenge list rather than the random list if I go right back to their revenge list anyway.

Raitaro

Salty European here from one of the apparent "unworthy of this game" countries but why is the OP still saying that this game released worldwide when it has not?

Or has it in fact been released in countries like The Netherlands (or several other European countries) by now? If so, my bad, I haven't checked the PSN store these past 2 weeks or so.

If it has not not, unless I missed it not many people seem to be talking about this game's weird-for-2017 limited release and I wonder why. Especially since Sony / Grasshopper had not announced any dates for the missing countries. Even if it is not affecting most people here, imagine if this becomes common practice? I mean, people lost their shit when Dark Souls 3 was released in Japan a few weeks early but imagine if they had not announced a release date for that game for a large number of Western countries at all? There would have been riots in the streets.

Hopefully Let it Die won't set a an example for all future free to play PS4 games.

Edit: I stand corrected! It IS out pretty much everywhere now.

Salty European here from one of the apparent "unworthy of this game" countries but why is the OP still saying that this game released worldwide when it has not?

Or has it in fact been released in countries like The Netherlands (or several other European countries) by now? If so, my bad, I haven't checked the PSN store these past 2 weeks or so.

If it has not not, unless I missed it not many people seem to be talking about this game's weird-for-2017 limited release and I wonder why. Especially since Sony / Grasshopper had not announced any dates for the missing countries. Even if it is not affecting most people here, imagine if this becomes common practice? I mean, people lost their shit when Dark Souls 3 was released in Japan a few weeks early but imagine if they had not announced a release date for that game for a large number of Western countries at all? There would have been riots in the streets.

Hopefully Let it Die won't set a an example for all future free to play PS4 games.
http://www.letitdiethegame.com/news.html#/634/european-service-expanded

Mat-triX

Finally killed floor 23
Goto, and that fight killed a lot of the enthusiasm I had for the game. It barely summoned skeletons and mostly bumped into me and stun lock me with it's naw attack to death. I died way too many times, and the price the buy your character back is bloody high.

Releasing the Rank 4 characters at 25 seems way too late for the enemies you have to fight. Is the trek to rank 5 going to be as bad?

been thinking about getting the tier 5 fighters but i'm not looking forward to high level haters and raids with higher tier gear. :(

Those high level haters can reck. Had one yesterday that burned through all HP + 50% lifeshroom in one iron attack.

Finally killed floor 23
Goto, and that fight killed a lot of the enthusiasm I had for the game. It barely summoned skeletons and mostly bumped into me and stun lock me with it's naw attack to death. I died way too many times, and the price the buy your character back is bloody high.

Releasing the Rank 4 characters at 25 seems way too late for the enemies you have to fight. Is the trek to rank 5 going to be as bad?

Unfortunately yes. BUT there are no new blueprints for you to get after floor 30, so if you start upgrading your stuff now you should be set.

V-Faction

Finally killed floor 23

Congrats! I finally killed him today, too.

Killing enthusiasm is damn right. That was a roadblock of a fight. I really didn't want to spend cash, but after losing too many characters without a proper chance at actually studying the match-up I gave up.

Congrats! I finally killed him today, too.

Killing enthusiasm is damn right. That was a roadblock of a fight. I really didn't want to spend cash, but after losing too many characters without a proper chance at actually studying the match-up I gave up.

What I did is unlock rank 4 fighters via a side path, level up a rank 4 striker, and bring a slowmungus, a crushroom, and a rank 2, +4 iron. It still took virtually all the ammo for the (shop bought) iron, but was otherwise a waltz (he was almost dead before the slowmungus ran out and it was easy to finish him off; using a stingshroom instead or a second slowmungus would have skipped even that).

Which is actually a problem with the game's design; facing a boss like this fair and square is a nightmare, and using slowmunguses turns them trivial. It kind of seems they weren't confident in their boss tuning and offered the slowmunguses as a failsafe to circunvent any if needed.

hbkdx12

been thinking about getting the tier 5 fighters but i'm not looking forward to high level haters and raids with higher tier gear. :(

Yeah it's not fun. Hopefully you've been getting snails from okusa because my advice would be not to actually purchase a 5* fighter until you can level them up significantly.

Sande

Slowly worked my way up to floor 11 and then got one shotted by a hater. Do I need to keep grinding or something?
I think you should have unlocked grade 2 fighters by now. They have like 3 times as much health.

Also, you should avoid getting hit by haters with certain weapons (like machete) no matter what. Those things hurt.

TheBear

I think you should have unlocked grade 2 fighters by now. They have like 3 times as much health.

Also, you should avoid getting hit by haters with certain weapons (like machete) no matter what. Those things hurt.

Yeah I bought a grade 2 all rounder straight after dying. Should I grind in the lower levels first before progressing?

Sande

Mine was in standby but still didn't start the update. ��
I think the automatic update checks patches once per day in stand-by. If a patch goes live after that, it's downloaded on the next day or when you turn on the PS4.

Yeah I bought a grade 2 all rounder straight after dying. Should I grind in the lower levels first before progressing?
In my opinion, yes. I don't think there's even a considerable kill coin or character/weapon experience benefit in higher floors so it's not worth the risk.

Ricker

18 GB patch,damn...more floors or something...? not that it matters to me lol,stuck on the 13th floor,cant seem to find the other floors and I keep dying or going looping 13,12,11,13,12 etc etc...beat the Boss(goto something) on my first try but yeah...

Baalzebup

It seems like they fixed the issue of the haters messing up those "move from X to Y while doing Z, also kill everything" -quests. I just did Action Limit #3 and I'm pretty sure a hater killed one random thing along the way ( a random pile of money in an area with an active Hater fighting with stuff) . I'll test this again with another one soon.

Syysch

It seems like they fixed the issue of the haters messing up those "move from X to Y while doing Z, also kill everything" -quests. I just did Action Limit #3 and I'm pretty sure a hater killed one random thing along the way ( a random pile of money in an area with an active Hater fighting with stuff) . I'll test this again with another one soon.

Seeing people on reddit saying it's fixed too, so could very well be the case.

Sorting items apparently hasn't been added, so fuck this. I also don't know what the hell are they doing to get these patch sizes with so few actual additions. :/

Ricker

Seeing people on reddit saying it's fixed too, so could very well be the case.

Yep...did the easy kill everyone on Ikegara with the hammer...you know where the hater is in the last corridor with the 2 big generators or lift type things,most of the time,he killed the level 1 there...going to try the first 2 floors without armor later,should be easy now.

Doomshine

Cheers for letting me know. Guess I missed the news about more countries being added then.

Now to find some time this weekend to try it out.

If there was any news about my country being added I sure missed it too, only realized it after I saw someone on my friends list playing.

Anyway, had time to boot it up briefly. Audio seemed weird for me, everything was really loud. I had it turned down because the default was too loud for me, I thought it had reset my settings but they were still where I left them. The beating heart sound for stamina was either gone or really low cause I couldn't hear it.

hyp

Yeah it's not fun. Hopefully you've been getting snails from okusa because my advice would be not to actually purchase a 5* fighter until you can level them up significantly.

i've got a collector full of golden snails, so my body is ready. i've just found a good groove raiding because i'm rank 50 but my gear is pretty high so i can one hit kill almost any defense. i'm worried that cash cow will dissipate when i have to deal with higher ranked raids. plus i'm trying to get +4 tier 4 full armor sets before ascending to the higher floors. but part of me feels like i'm over prepping because i've got the best shrooms.

my deadline to beat this game is before Nioh comes out, but it's got its hooks in me with the upgrade system. can't help myself, i love seeing how the gear changes when it gets to another tier. :(

Sande

can't help myself, i love seeing how the gear changes when it gets to another tier. :(
This one was huge for me too. I can't believe how so many games seem to miss this. Upgrading gear is nowhere near as fun and rewarding when it's just stat increases.

hyp

This one was huge for me too. I can't believe how so many games seem to miss this. Upgrading gear is nowhere near as fun and rewarding when it's just stat increases.

definitely. if this wasn't the case, i would have just went for completion a long time ago. this game has a bunch of visual rewards that just
keep on giving.

DigSCCP

Has anyone ever made a map showing where you can find resources?
I wanna upgrade my gear but Im having some trouble finding some of the resources I need.

cakely

That is really, really great.

I don't know why I expected this to never be fixed, GungHo has been extremely responsive on Puzzle and Dragons, and they're carrying this forward to Let it Die.

Syysch

Has anyone ever made a map showing where you can find resources?
I wanna upgrade my gear but Im having some trouble finding some of the resources I need.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EAe2gYEX9nL89sBmC_VgmdfNA/edit#gid=1382690380

If the material for the floor is listed as "general" it can drop any of the resources from that floor's tier (1-10, 11-20, etc), if it's listed as a specific resource type, it only drops that type, from -2 to +1 of the floor's tier.

hyp

anyone know what causes the secret shop to open up in UCHINOBU 33F? last 3 times i visited and nothing. even tried killing all enemies on the level first.

JohnCYQ

Is this game not F2P in asia or something? When I tried searching for the game on PSN the only let it die that was available was a $39.90 pre-order.

Syysch

anyone know what causes the secret shop to open up in UCHINOBU 33F? last 3 times i visited and nothing. even tried killing all enemies on the level first.

Enemies still being aggro closes it. If you run past one of them, they may still be aggro even if you're super far away, their AI will just freeze in that state til you go back closer.

wow. game crashed on me during the Coen 34F fight. 210k kill coins to salvage is some bullshit.

Looks like that wasnt fixed then, dont attack him during his initial animations, making him stagger during those will crash it. Not sure if that applies to later uses of his sonar.

Top Bottom