• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Anyone having slow network issues since last maintenance? It used to take only a few secs for me to load/connect to another floor, to shop or raiding someones waiting room. But now that bug/network symbol is rattling for ages.

Servers can't handle the 0,3% increased drop rate for those 3 premium decals.

hbkdx12

I'm 99% sure the express pass login bonus decals don't have premium versions.
In the decal book premium and standard decals of the same types normally show up next to each other, but there's no spaces for premium versions of express pass decals.
Ah ok, that kind of stinks. Was hoping to stack them. Even with the decal i find some weapons still degrade pretty quickly

Can also vouch that you can get the premium one from the stew and it's glorious, especially on big floors when you just want to beeline to a specific escalator. Map shows all escalators, specifies if they go up or down and shows treasure chests and enemy locations. Solo enemies are often the haters so you won't get jumped. The only thing it doesn't show is the colour of the escalators and it doesn't draw the actual map so you might still have to do some pathfinding.
Yeah its really useful in making grinding a bit easier. I'm not even going to try to get the premium version. I've wasted so much money on crappy and redundant perm decals.

Did anyone get any of the perm decals from the special event?

where to get slow time mushy and invisibile mushy?

You can get slow shrooms in the 30s and cloak shroom in the mid 20s. I've found cloak shrooms to be pretty rare in my experience, even when sending people on expeditions. But i prefer slow shrooms anyway so it doesn't really bother me much

hyp

decal event was a failure for me. got mostly duplicates of existing premiums i already had. the best one i got was olympic gymnast. bought about 20 stews or so. meh.

DigSCCP

What I got during the event :
- Ninja
- Hornet
- Slugger ( 2x )
- Military Entusiast
- Wolf
- Superhero
- Four-leaf Clover
I'm done.
After getting a 2nd Slugger I just don't wanna keep farming.
At least Military Entusiast will be useful.

Finnroth

I think I finished also with around 20 to maaaaybe 25. Second to last was the payback decal, the one before that Treasure Hunter and I think I also got one for stamina or something, all the rest were duplicates for the faction buffs and stuff like that.

DigSCCP

yea this screws me over too cause i really want to play Nioh next month. can't for the life of me get used to two control schemes.

LOL
I got the feeling!
I tried to play Nioh Last Trial and just dropped because both : Mushroom Event and coudnt get into the control schemes.
Happily Ive played the previous Alpha and Beta to receive the bonus content when I buy it ( wont be day one ).
Anyway I ve put on my mind already : when I kill 30th floor boss I ll stop it for a while.
I just feel I need to play some other game, I've been playing only Let it Die this whole month.

You cant remove it, only change it to a different one.

Wow, do I feel dumb... In my defence, the wording of "country X was set as A (not THE) favourite" and the tab of "favouriteS" confused me. Spent quite some time searching for a way to remove one of seemingly many...
Anyways, thank you!

Sande

thanks. this shroom is pretty OP. makes me question some of their design decisions, haha.
It's not that that shroom in particular is OP. Most shrooms are absolutely insane.

I like that they didn't go the usual RPG route of insignificant 2-5% stat boosts. But I'm not sure if going this far the other way is any better.

cakely

The rest of you probably already figured this out but you can use the red hot iron to easily get your 10 perfect blocks in a row.

Just use r1, early, when the screamer is going to swing at you. The timing is ... generous, to say the very least.

Getting 10 in a row becomes trivial at that point.

Syysch

I've had the same thing happen to me.

I also don't know why lower floor blueprints are silver and higher floor blueprints are gold. I don't see what the point is.

I think the color just refers to the item's * rank

At which floor do you get blueprints worth a damn in the 30s? I've cleared everything up to 35F and only got 3 star stuff.

You'll only find up to 3* i believe, you have to upgrade them into 4* then 5* from there.

Is there any real point in capturing enemy fighters while doing raids? It just seems to turn your base into a raid magnet?

I had two captured fighters when I logged put. When I returned an hour later my base had been attacked six times even though I had next to no coins or SPL.

Five successful defenses but then someone with a diamond next to their name and 12000+ HP (my best fighters have around 700 HP) showed up and crushed my base in 1,5 minutes.

delume

Man, what a puzzling game. I think I love it but it has so many floors, ah, flaws. Just pushed through F23 to F25, unlocking Grade 4s. The grind has become real. Trying to go through blind but am I right in assuming mushrooms are the key to winning? Colonel Jackson felt impossible till I shroomed it up.

hbkdx12

Is there any real point in capturing enemy fighters while doing raids? It just seems to turn your base into a raid magnet?

I had two captured fighters when I logged put. When I returned an hour later my base had been attacked six times even though I had next to no coins or SPL.

Five successful defenses but then someone with a diamond next to their name and 12000+ HP (my best fighters have around 700 HP) showed up and crushed my base in 1,5 minutes.
yeah I feel like it's not really worth it unless you have a super strong defense and are just looking to troll raiders. Otherwise I don't think it's even worth doing.

Man, what a puzzling game. I think I love it but it has so many floors, ah, flaws. Just pushed through F23 to F25, unlocking Grade 4s. The grind has become real. Trying to go through blind but am I right in assuming mushrooms are the key to winning? Colonel Jackson felt impossible till I shroomed it up.
yeah mushrooms are imperative after 20. They do become more useful though and you'll find new ones that'll pretty much break the game when used correctly. I never bothered using mushrooms at all before the 20s as they all felt like trash.

hbkdx12

DigSCCP

Senpais,
Does anyone here ever had the error : ERR-0-003 ?
The game doesnt work for me anymore its like if have lost my ID.
Fuck just when I passed Goto on 23th and reached 25th.
Any tips?

Sande

Well I fucked up.

I decided I was ready for F26 boss... well I was but I didn't bring enough gear with me. I lost like 3 or 4 DM and all my armor.

That sucks, but at least it's over with, now for the next elevator. I go floor after floor, running out of weapons. I'm on F29 and check where I need to go next and then I notice that F27 did have an elevator and somehow I missed it (I had glanced at it and for some reason thought it was one of those side elevator).

Oh well, I'm already on F29 so quicker to keep going up... and there's a trap room with a reversal tuber. My hits do like 1% of its health while it just about one shots me with attacks that cover the whole room. I decided not to waste my last DMs in a futile attempt so I gave up.

Now I need about 115 000 kill coins which wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't 40 000 over my bank limit. I'm considering just killing the hater but she has several blueprints, rare mats etc. so it might be worth the coins.

DigSCCP

Well I fucked up.

I decided I was ready for F26 boss... well I was but I didn't bring enough gear with me. I lost like 3 or 4 DM and all my armor.

That sucks, but at least it's over with, now for the next elevator. I go floor after floor, running out of weapons. I'm on F29 and check where I need to go next and then I notice that F27 did have an elevator and somehow I missed it (I had glanced at it and for some reason thought it was one of those side elevator).

Oh well, I'm already on F29 so quicker to keep going up... and there's a trap room with a reversal tuber. My hits do like 1% of its health while it just about one shots me with attacks that cover the whole room. I decided not to waste my last DMs in a futile attempt so I gave up.

Now I need about 115 000 kill coins which wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't 40 000 over my bank limit. I'm considering just killing the hater but she has several blueprints, rare mats etc. so it might be worth the coins.

If you think the blueprints and gear are worth the 115k KC there´s a solution :
- Expeditions, the money that you receive there stays in the Reward Box, it´s posible to keep up to 40ish slots only from coins ( I receive between 2k and 6k in each expedition )
- Upgrade your Bank, it´s not that hard, take so time one day just to do raids and youll upgrade it to 100k very quickly

Right now I have a hater on 23th, 66k KC to recover him, I´m going to use only the money on my Reward Box to get him back for 2 blueprints !

Burnburn

I did it, I beat the game today wooow! Final Boss was tougher than expected, but then again my equipment wasn't the best, decided to depend on guardshrooms. I took around 10-11 cooked guardshrooms with me and even that wasn't enough. Managed to get him down a lot though in that time and then beat him without using a death metal! The ending
cracked me up, this game is just so ridiculous

Now onto upgrading gear, fighting some Jackals and prepare for the new floors!

Well I fucked up.

Sounds like your best option is to use a daily express pass and grind the TDM hardcore. You need to always upgrade your Bank asap though, so aim for SPLithium first and then money! Never leave the waiting room, don't turn your PS4 off and try to make use of the express pass as much as possible.

EDIT: and as said above, use the non-raiding character for a steady income

SephLuis

A few questions:

- I have 40k money and the bank is full. What should I do with this cash ? I am still in the beginning so there isn't a lot of place to spend it.

- One of my characters is almost on lvl 20 and it says a lot of stats are MAX. How do I go over this limit ? I doubt I cannot go more than lvl 25 in this game.

- I have been trying to do a mission that you need to go from the first area to the second with no armor and killing all enemies. I am pretty sure that I did this many times but the mission doesn't count. Left all my armor on the store and, I think, I killed all enemies in the floor, unless there's a really well hidden one. Any tips ?

Sande

Thanks for the tips guys.

I have all but one character on expeditions right now and enough SPLithium to go to maybe 100-110k. I guess I'll try grinding the rest in TDM, which I haven't touched after the tutorial raid.

Btw, does my hater stay there until I kill/salvage them or is there a time limit or something like that?

A few questions:

- I have 40k money and the bank is full. What should I do with this cash ? I am still in the beginning so there isn't a lot of place to spend it.

- One of my characters is almost on lvl 20 and it says a lot of stats are MAX. How do I go over this limit ? I doubt I cannot go more than lvl 25 in this game.

- I have been trying to do a mission that you need to go from the first area to the second with no armor and killing all enemies. I am pretty sure that I did this many times but the mission doesn't count. Left all my armor on the store and, I think, I killed all enemies in the floor, unless there's a really well hidden one. Any tips ?
You could buy weapons and armor and store them in the bank for later use. Or upgrade your kill coin bank to 50k so you can buy mushroom stew.

You get higher tier characters when you climb floors. Uncle Death emails you when they're unlocked.

The enemies need to be killed in both of those floors (and every floor in between, but in this case there are none). Those quest types are pretty bugged and apparently haters can't kill any of the regular enemies or the quest fails. Although I think there have been conflicting reports about that.

DigSCCP

Thanks for the tips guys.

I have all but one character on expeditions right now and enough SPLithium to go to maybe 100-110k. I guess I'll try grinding the rest in TDM, which I haven't touched after the tutorial raid.

Btw, does my hater stay there until I kill/salvage them or is there a time limit or something like that?

I don´t there is a limit.
At least I left some haters 2 days dead and then just paid to get them back !

A few questions:

- Upgrade your bank to 50k and then spent on Mushroom Stew ( decals you keep when you die )

- You have to gain access to new tier characters. When you do Uncle Death will send you an email saying there is new haters avaible ( so buy upgrades for more haters slots )

- This is a question I would love someone to answer too lol After 90h playing I still don´t know how to achieve this kind of mission ( I have one for example that´s very easy : go from Ikegara to second floor and gives a Metal Death ) I already tried all kinda of ways, even killing frogs and rats and never achieved !

Syysch

Those quests are glitched. It's been a known issue. They should be fixing it quite soon hopefully

I dont think they're actually glitched, just insanely hard to achieve. I've done several of them, but haters killing stuff nulls the quest and there's no way to know until you do or do not get the completion pop-up on the very last kill. You have to achieve it on every single floor between and including the floors listed in the quest info though.

hyp

I dont think they're actually glitched, just insanely hard to achieve. I've done several of them, but haters killing stuff nulls the quest and there's no way to know until you do or do not get the completion pop-up on the very last kill. You have to achieve it on every single floor between and including the floors listed in the quest info though.

this. basically bum rush the hater asap and kill him/her before they kill enemies. i've done these quests but they took a couple times because haters kept killing the damn npcs.

Top Bottom