• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak: Modern Warfare III is being revealed next week

Draugoth

Gold Member
In recent weeks we have had a large number of leaks regarding the newest Call of Duty in development at Activision, which will actually be Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

Now, Activision has confirmed for good on social networks that it intends to officially reveal the game next week. The company even joked by sharing a simple image, which matches the one recently leaked.

The studio responsible for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will be Sledgehammer Games, which has already developed several other games in the franchise in the past. The game is expected to be released on all platforms.

maxresdefault.jpg

K6lkfpy.png

Hip Hop

classic mini map where players are actually shown is coming back according to the leaks.

It has been absent for a few games and I think that changed the dynamic of the game so we will see what happens when they put it back in.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Modern Warfare 2 campaign was a disaster.
I actually started playing the campaign recently. Just finished yesterday the mission where you have to attack the convoy or whatever jumping from vehicle to vehicle for what seemed a long fucking time. The mission design was legit retarded. Now I'm crafting all this shit sneaking around. They seemed to have fucked it up.

MiguelItUp

Seems weird to do an immediate sequel. But I guess they don't want a repeat of what happens when you start messing with the formula.
This is where I'm at, I was reading that this was originally intended to be DLC, then they were like nah, full game.

Makes me not feel too confident at all. The series has always been a guilty pleasure of mine, especially the multiplayer. But man, the fatigue is real, and has been for several games now. :(

Krieger

Without me. I played MW2/2022 for the first time last week and it's a disaster. First I was forced to watch a video about the new season, then get through 3 different pages of the battle pass with each page telling me to buy it, and when I finally found the campaign I had to wait for a 60GB download, because apparently the 80GB of data on the disk doesn't include the campaign nor the co-op part. And the campaign is so boring, including such trash as scaving for materials to create tools, and 80% of the missions were nothing more than stealth. Nothing memorable like No Russian, the detonation of the nuke, Tchernobyl or the Russina invasion of the US. The multiplayer is somehow even worse, forcing me to level up each gun separately to unlock modifications for all guns.

BlvckFox

Gold Member
a
Without me. I played MW2/2022 for the first time last week and it's a disaster. First I was forced to watch a video about the new season, then get through 3 different pages of the battle pass with each page telling me to buy it, and when I finally found the campaign I had to wait for a 60GB download, because apparently the 80GB of data on the disk doesn't include the campaign nor the co-op part. And the campaign is so boring, including such trash as scaving for materials to create tools, and 80% of the missions were nothing more than stealth. Nothing memorable like No Russian, the detonation of the nuke, Tchernobyl or the Russina invasion of the US. The multiplayer is somehow even worse, forcing me to level up each gun separately to unlock modifications for all guns.
While I never played the campaign, I can agree with a lot of this. I chuckled a bit when I was forced to watch a campaign video about a new season with every other post match screen about the damn Battlepass.

But…I still enjoy the MP, really enjoy that third person mode. Scratches that itch Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter left behind. It’s pretty damn good.

twilo99

classic mini map where players are actually shown is coming back according to the leaks.

It has been absent for a few games and I think that changed the dynamic of the game so we will see what happens when they put it back in.

Even enemy team?

Oh my God it was pretty fucking atrocious. Why would they remake MW2 and not make an even better version of what that campaign had? Instead they just remove everything that made it cool and jerked off Ghost and gave him a mask made out of paper mache from Michaels Arts and Crafts instead of just a fucking spray painted balaclava.

The invasion of Washington D.C.? Defending the Washington Monument? Shooting up the WW2 memorial with a mini gun? Assaulting the White House like it's D-Day!!!???

Nope, fuck you.

But set that aside for a moment. How is it even worse than the MW 2019 campaign!? I mean even that one had the assault on the U.S. Embassy in Libya as well as the fucking raid on Osama Bin Laden and both of those missions were unbelievable. It's really pathetic.

You know what is so dumb? Why did they waste that pretty full blown crafting system on one single campaign mission. I thought for sure that was going to be how the DMZ mode would start out. Everyone goes in with no weapons but you can craft and scavenge improvised weaponry until you find a gun. I don't play those modes but if I was higher up in the studio I would promote who ever was designing that and add it to multiplayer.

MMaRsu

Banned
millions do, not interested? why post, simples.

not played a cod in years, make a gang buster solo campaign and i might give it a whirl tho but alas, i doubt it :(
Yea casuals love this trash, same shit different year for over 10 years already

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Oh my God it was pretty fucking atrocious. Why would they remake MW2 and not make an even better version of what that campaign had? Instead they just remove everything that made it cool and jerked off Ghost and gave him a mask made out of paper mache from Michaels Arts and Crafts instead of just a fucking spray painted balaclava.

The invasion of Washington D.C.? Defending the Washington Monument? Shooting up the WW2 memorial with a mini gun? Assaulting the White House like it's D-Day!!!???

Nope, fuck you.

But set that aside for a moment. How is it even worse than the MW 2019 campaign!? I mean even that one had the assault on the U.S. Embassy in Libya as well as the fucking raid on Osama Bin Laden and both of those missions were unbelievable. It's really pathetic.

MW2 has the worst Call of Duty campaign I have ever played. I did skip BO3 and Ghosts mind you. But this one? Terrible.

All I remember was completely hating all the levels with the stealth and makeshift weapons. So the complete back half of the game. And that highway mission, with hijacking cars, don't get me started on that.

Its absolutely fucking horrible.

MW2 has the worst Call of Duty campaign I have ever played. I did skip BO3 and Ghosts mind you. But this one? Terrible.

All I remember was completely hating all the levels with the stealth and makeshift weapons. So the complete back half of the game. And that highway mission, with hijacking cars, don't get me started on that.

Its absolutely fucking horrible.
Oh my God yes that highway mission is God awful. It's not even like properly animated compared to the rest of the game. It literally just feels like you're playing Warzone and it looks like shit.

The sickest missions were the opening one under nigh vision and the one where you hop the border wall. Other than that it completely strayed away from what made the MW 2019 so sick. You know, actual authentic modern warfare?

The last game literally had evading Russians as they're bombing civilians in Syria. It looked fucking real. This game? Gotta suck off Ghost's paper mache face mask the whole campaign.

M.W.

Used to love COD. Until MW 2019. Been complete shit (Cold War not bad) since. Oh well, Treyarch's Gulf War is next year. That one will get me excited.

Laieon

Which, as someone who really only cares about CoD for the campaigns, is disappointing because MW1 was pretty good. It was the first CoD game I played since MW...2 (man, this naming scheme is dumb) and I found myself really enjoying it. Never picked up 2 because of what I heard about the campaign.

SkylineRKR

I actually liked Cold War beta but the thing that keeps me from getting it, even if its free now, is the 200gb.

Oh my God yes that highway mission is God awful. It's not even like properly animated compared to the rest of the game. It literally just feels like you're playing Warzone and it looks like shit.

The sickest missions were the opening one under nigh vision and the one where you hop the border wall. Other than that it completely strayed away from what made the MW 2019 so sick. You know, actual authentic modern warfare?

The last game literally had evading Russians as they're bombing civilians in Syria. It looked fucking real. This game? Gotta suck off Ghost's paper mache face mask the whole campaign.

I had to look up how this campaign ends, since I forgot. And then I see the

Tank battle which I found horribly designed.

And I think it ended with a predator fight against a group of terrorists. That one was stupid and unfun because the AI simply doesn't work here. This is no Last of Us.

Both set pieces were absolutely trash.

Last edited:

Puscifer

This is where I'm at, I was reading that this was originally intended to be DLC, then they were like nah, full game.

Makes me not feel too confident at all. The series has always been a guilty pleasure of mine, especially the multiplayer. But man, the fatigue is real, and has been for several games now. :(
Black OPS 4 made me return after Ghost which was just flat out BAD, the beta was stupid fun but it was definitely controversial from people who felt like it was a hero shooter.

I think that that's why I'm in a streak with it

HTK

Banned
Please update Warzone 2 gameplay to Warzone 1 gameplay, make looting like Warzone 1. In fact just remake Warzone 1 with a new map.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I’m in for No Russian 2/prequel

They teased it at the end of MW2

Any studio that makes that mission again in this day and age has balls

Last edited:
They tried so hard not to release another Call of Duty this year, but they failed. They really can't help themselves.

Better luck next year, Actiblizzmicrosoft!

I actually liked Cold War beta but the thing that keeps me from getting it, even if its free now, is the 200gb.

I had to look up how this campaign ends, since I forgot. And then I see the

Tank battle which I found horribly designed.

And I think it ended with a predator fight against a group of terrorists. That one was stupid and unfun because the AI simply doesn't work here. This is no Last of Us.

Both set pieces were absolutely trash.
Yea the tank battle was pretty stupid but jesus the actual last mission in the Chicago skyscraper was fucking horrible! You end the game with a slow motion sniper headshot!

FUBARx89

Lol, Sledgehammer games. WW2 and Vanguard where terrible, be intresting to see if they manage to fuck this up aswell and if it doesn't meet sales expectations, cause Vanguard sure as shit didn't.

Last edited:

TexMex

Coming in hot. First they weren’t doing a full formal release this year, then they pivot on a dime and they’ve got their C-team at the reigns. This thing already reeks.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Lol, Sledgehammer games. WW2 and Vanguard where terrible, be intresting to see if they manage to fuck this up aswell and if it doesn't meet sales expectations, cause Vanguard sure as shit didn't.
eh. they are not great but they are pretty decent as far as SP campaigns go.

CoD hasnt had a great campaign since MW3, but at least the sledgehammer campaigns are better than the trash Treyarch and IW have put out recently.

FUBARx89

eh. they are not great but they are pretty decent as far as SP campaigns go.

CoD hasnt had a great campaign since MW3, but at least the sledgehammer campaigns are better than the trash Treyarch and IW have put out recently.

Personally thought WW2 and Vanguard SP was shite. Didn't finish either of them and I like a romp through CoD campaigns usually.

Also, MW 19 campaign was amazing. Best one since MW2 (original).

Top Bottom