• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Larian claims it would have been 'more advantageous' to release Baldur's Gate III simultaneously on Xbox

Moneal

And I don't, the Series S is a pain in some devs ass, I can't deny it I'm not delusional. But as I said in my post, it is known, the position of MS about it (parity in functionalities etc) is knows since 3 years, and since longer for devs, they know it, and if they wanted it on day one on Series S/X they should have planned it before, put some people on it earlier.

For this time we can't deny Spencer is being keeping his word about parity of functionalities on the Series S and X (which is basic respect for the consumers who got an S), I don't see this as a bad point.

Anyway Larian are great talented devs and it's obvious, BG3 seem to be an awesome game, but just on this point they fucked up, that's not only the MS fault.
MS fucked up releasing the S in general. Every dev has to prioritize things to get games out in a timely fashion. This game was in development for over 6 years. They didn't want to wait another year to release. It's looking like it will be at least 5 months for them to get split screen to work on the S. Larian chose to prioritize everything else over split screen on the S, so they could release a game.

geary

Another thread to fuel the console war and shitting on MS.
MS shit the bed with Series S and the policy "feature parity" and I think everyone knows it.

Instead opening thread about the games to come, games shown on Gamescom, you open a thread which you know where is gonna lead.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
shitting on MS.
MS shit the bed
75th4z.gif

Why even answer to a stupid console war question like that? You only making yourself look like unprofessional.
What’s unprofessional about adding context so people can better understand the situation?

Devs would’ve liked to release all versions at the same time, but MS wants parity so series s owners don’t feel they received a version with less features. They’re working to make sure everyone is happy. The game will release when it’s ready.

Aenima

Once i though that being mentally chalenged and an hardcore fanboy was diferent things. Now im convinced all hardcore fanboys are actually mentally chalenged.

cireza

Game looks great and I will buy and play it on Xbox if I can somehow find the time. That's the most difficult part actually.

Don't generalize the behavior of a few to the entire Xbox community... Every community as its dumb members.

Last edited:
I swear Xbox seems to have the absolutely craziest fanboys

trying to insinuate a game is having problems because of the preload date? 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️
Yeah, I've added Xbox as my interests and I'm also following several xbox focused accounts to get all the relevant gaming news, and from time to time X/Twitter algo sends me these fanboy lunatics on my feed... smh
Wish there was a better place to get the latest gaming news from.

Last edited:

Wingnut

Yeah, I've added Xbox as my interests and I'm also following several xbox focused accounts to get all the relevant gaming news, and from time to time X/Twitter algo sends me these fanboy lunatics on my feed... smh
Wish there was a better place to get the latest gaming news from.
Such lunatics are clearly on both sides. Console wars is cringe and hope it will end someday

Saber

Gold Member
What’s unprofessional about adding context so people can better understand the situation?

What situation?
Boycott because of "war"? This is not a situation, this is typical fanboy retard trashtalk you find on forums. No one is boycotting anybody here.

Last edited:
“You are at PlayStation side of console war”

So being fucked by technical limitations means you are in the “other side”.

People are retarded
Hmm considering there is at least 3/4 clowns who keep saying Sony paid them to do this on this forum, regarding this topic despite the Devs saying memory issues.

MarkMe2525

The premise of this thread title is silly. They "claim" it would be beneficial to release on more platforms. This is self evident. I'm not even sure what is supposed to be discussed here.

SenkiDala

Xbox fans are something else.
Nah, I am a Xbox fan (and a Sony or Nintendo fan too) and I'm nothing like those pieces of shit. They're not even "fanboys" for me, they're mentally sick.

Those people are the same who will review bomb Horizon or God of War because they are exclusive to PlayStation... Or those planning to review bomb Starlfield because it is an MS Studios game, exclusive to Xbox. Because yes sadly those morons are on every platforms.

Let's be honest, many very demanding games released on Series S on day one, yes it's too unpowered, yes it asks more efforts but all devs do it, why not them?

They just didn't prioritize the Xbox versions, I mean you think game dev at this level is what ? 3 dudes in a garage scratching their balls with one hand and the other hand on the keyboard ? They've to be organized, the Series S is 3 years old, its "weakness" isn't new, and even them are saying they'll be able to achieve it with time, which means that if they started the dev on Series S earlier, the game would have released on Xbox on day one.

But of course they have the rights to prioritize the PC version, or PS5 version or anything they want, but then it's on them, not that much on Xbox.
That is why launching a weaker console only works if you are the market leader; otherwise, developers calculate whether they should invest more time in your console or not. It's just that.

StereoVsn

And I don't, the Series S is a pain in some devs ass, I can't deny it I'm not delusional. But as I said in my post, it is known, the position of MS about it (parity in functionalities etc) is knows since 3 years, and since longer for devs, they know it, and if they wanted it on day one on Series S/X they should have planned it before, put some people on it earlier.

For this time we can't deny Spencer is being keeping his word about parity of functionalities on the Series S and X (which is basic respect for the consumers who got an S), I don't see this as a bad point.

Anyway Larian are great talented devs and it's obvious, BG3 seem to be an awesome game, but just on this point they fucked up, that's not only the MS fault.
Blame MS for their RAM situation. They couldn't figure out simultaneous split screen with f-ng Halo.

And you think it's Larian being short sighted and lazy.

q9ncXwD.gif

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So Jason Schrierer (spelt it wrong on purpose, fuck you Jason) said that it was ready on Xbox but they made the decision to not launch it against Starfield, which is we are honest was the smart thing to do. Starfield is going to merk BG3.

Wait, source ?

That's pretty big and completely eliminates the Series S discourse, if true.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Wait, source ?

Pretty sure Larian themselves confirmed the Series S problems with trying to get the split screen working, and they said MS engineers were helping. Of course this was a while ago now so it could of already been sorted.

Also i have watched numerous poeple play BG3, and i still havent seen this split screen thing yet. They were all single player playthroughs though and i guess the split screen is for MP.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
So Jason Schrierer (spelt it wrong on purpose, fuck you Jason) said that it was ready on Xbox but they made the decision to not launch it against Starfield, which is we are honest was the smart thing to do. Starfield is going to merk BG3.
I distinctly remember saying that was the case. People flipped out. Looks like I was likely correct. I got a warning for that for console warring.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

I distinctly remember saying that was the case. People flipped out. Looks like I was likely correct. I got a warning for that for console warring.
Except you still aren't necessarely correct and op needs to post sources to these claims, cause i found absolutely nothing.

Not to mention Phill Spencer himself being completely on board with what Larian is saying, as recent as his interview yesterday. Do you really think they'd stay silent over something like this? Let so much negative press on the Series S roll around while they're throwing resources at Larian?

Unless of course they're the ones worried BG3 might affect Starfield's performance and want it delayed. But alas, this is not a narrative the people throwing a fit over this would approve.

Last edited:
Wait, source ?

I heard it on a podcast today, and it wasn't only one person who said that he said it.
I ain't trolling through the cesspool that it Reeset to find it, or even go through his twitter feed.

Hip Hop

Why devs lose time engaging with retarded fanboys on Twitter I’ll never understand.
The way they ask questions, they really think it's a real "war" and they are serious about it.

These people IQ's gotta be so low living a life of a lie. But you can't move them or change them from there, they are set in their ways.

And these are the type of people raising the next generation. Insane.

Guilty_AI

I heard it on a podcast today, and it wasn't only one person who said that he said it.
Oh, so someone said that he said it. Basically bollocks.

The problem with this whole narrative is that MS simply isn't denying any of what Larian is saying, going as far as sending engineers to them. If this was all a ruse they're making up to not have to compete with Starfield on Xbox, why in the 7 hells would MS be just completely fine with all the bad press their claims are generating?

Heck, there are shittons of games that release on one platform and not the other without any reason, explanation or fucks being given, makes this whole idea this is all some conspiracy just sound ridiculous. In fact, my previous theory that its MS that actually wants BG3 delayed on Xbox so as to not have any competition for Starfield sounds far more plausible.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
He fed the troll. You never feed the troll.

I haven't heard of any boycott from Xbox players with this game, so I don't know what this clown is talking about.
The only thing I hear in Xbox World is that its a good idea not to release it alongside Starfield as it would get crushed.

I haven't seen anything about a boycott either, you're probably right the delay will probably do them a favour sales wise as Starfield sweeps all before it.

Flutta

Banned
Another thread to fuel the console war and shitting on MS.
MS shit the bed with Series S and the policy "feature parity" and I think everyone knows it.

Instead opening thread about the games to come, games shown on Gamescom, you open a thread which you know where is gonna lead.
Green Arrow Laughing GIF

Top Bottom