• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami will make a special announcement at E3

KOMANI

KOMANI
Source

It will need to be Extreme to beat their 2010 E3 conference

kZUhQWI.jpg

This is the letter they sent out to attendees.
Not a “hint” eh?

Dacon

Banned
Even if it was something people would want like MGS revival/remake or SH, who would want this from current Konami?

nush

It's E3 of course game companies will be making special announcements, what a non story.

Vlaphor

On one hand, it might just be another compilation.

On the other hand, what if it's a Ganbare Goemon (Legend of the Mystical Ninja) compilation and the west gets a bunch of the series translated into English for the first time...

Make Silent Hill Great Again.

Pull a Devil May Cry 5, ignore everything after 4 and just release Silent Hill 5 finally.

Try to bring back some of the original Team Silent talent, especially the writer of 2.

B_Boss

Everyone's saying MGS remastered" again when I'm here wanting...no, dying for a remaster of Metal Gear 1 & 2: Solid Snake. Course I hate to think of that kind of project without Kojima-san....

Man you guys really hating on Konami :messenger_tears_of_joy:. Sure their game input hasnt been as good for a few years now but considering they announced they had their biggest profit margin recently, I still dont doubt they will and can make something out of the MGS and SH franchise.

Look at Capcom, they were releasing sub par games and all of a sudden they started killing it in the last 2 years with every single release.

Man you guys really hating on Konami :messenger_tears_of_joy:. Sure their game input hasnt been as good for a few years now but considering they announced they had their biggest profit margin recently, I still dont doubt they will and can make something out of the MGS and SH franchise.

Look at Capcom, they were releasing sub par games and all of a sudden they started killing it in the last 2 years with every single release.
For what it's worth, their input is a lot a better than EA's.

Varteras

Gold Member
So there were rumors that a studio that has a history with Sony was in high level acquisition talks with Microsoft. Also that Microsoft was looking to snag a Japanese studio. In addition, there was talk that an announcement would be made that would make PlayStation fans upset and implied it had something to do with Metal Gear. Now Konami is making a special announcement at E3 and Microsoft is expected to announce more acquisitions. This is just me taking a shot in the dark, but Konami may announce being acquired by Microsoft.

Contracting KojiPro in a joint venture with Sony to revive Silent Hills.

Maybe.

Probably not.

But why? Silent Hills was a glorified demo. If anything they should get together the original Team Silent. KojiPro just made 2 looping rooms, you cant make a whole game out of that sort of gameplay. And since there was nothing else ever shown but only he said she said, it was never anything more than a demo. Team Silent we know what they are capable off when full games are in question.

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
Contracting KojiPro in a joint venture with Sony to revive Silent Hills.

Maybe.

Probably not.
No. But what can happen is Kojipro developing a metal gear game published by Konami. It’s not out of the realm of possibilities....a few years from now.

Source

It will need to be Extreme to beat their 2010 E3 conference

kZUhQWI.jpg

This is the letter they sent out to attendees.
Not a “hint” eh?

Not a hint? Then it MUST be a hint. If we combine the first letter of every line of text in that message, we get FUACYPIMWGT. Then we just have to rearrange the letters, and what do we get? I have no idea and don't care about any of this.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Not a hint? Then it MUST be a hint. If we combine the first letter of every line of text in that message, we get FUACYPIMWGT. Then we just have to rearrange the letters, and what do we get? I have no idea and don't care about any of this.
Hahahaha

Wimp Fact Guy

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: TLZ

ExpandKong

Banned
But why? Silent Hills was a glorified demo. If anything they should get together the original Team Silent. KojiPro just made 2 looping rooms, you cant make a whole game out of that sort of gameplay. And since there was nothing else ever shown but only he said she said, it was never anything more than a demo. Team Silent we know what they are capable off when full games are in question.

There was a brief concept trailer that showed a bit more of what Kojima had in mind for the full game (the one with the toys and Chico’s head and the giant hand thing).

The point is, Silent Hill is a series that has needed a kick in the ass for a long time now (and this is spoken as someone who didn’t totally hate Shattered Memories and Downpour), and Kojima showed that he at least had some ideas.

I wouldn’t be against him actually getting a whack at it, anyway. Not like they’re doing anything else with the franchise.

No. But what can happen is Kojipro developing a metal gear game published by Konami. It’s not out of the realm of possibilities....a few years from now.

This is also technically possible. But Kojima’s been trying to get away from directing MGS games since literally the second one, I don’t think he’d go back.

KOMANI

KOMANI
There was a brief concept trailer that showed a bit more of what Kojima had in mind for the full game (the one with the toys and Chico’s head and the giant hand thing).

The point is, Silent Hill is a series that has needed a kick in the ass for a long time now (and this is spoken as someone who didn’t totally hate Shattered Memories and Downpour), and Kojima showed that he at least had some ideas.

I wouldn’t be against him actually getting a whack at it, anyway. Not like they’re doing anything else with the franchise.

This is also technically possible. But Kojima’s been trying to get away from directing MGS games since literally the second one, I don’t think he’d go back.
And yet, he’s made 4 after that. You can never trust Kojima. Just enjoy the ride.

ExpandKong

Banned
And yet, he’s made 4 after that. You can never trust Kojima. Just enjoy the ride.

I’ll enjoy the ride as long as the route steers clear of another MGS game. Given Kojima’s proclivities he’s probably make a fifth Big Boss game that for really reals shows his heel turn, for real this time. FOR REALLLL this time. Also the Boss comes back as, I dunno, a ghost.

I would buy it as long as it shows Huey’s death. Fuck Huey.

I really REALLY want to be hopeful... but from what Konami had done the last 5 years, I would rather not put my hopes up too much...

Top Bottom