• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami planned big E3 - Castlevania & MGS3 remake allegedly there - Thought to be a PlayStation event

Link to Podcast

Honestly I don't know what to expect here. I saw this reported on REEEEEEEEEEEEE and thought it was shite but having looked further into it, it could be something.

Castlevania is said to be further along in development. It looks like Konami are partnering with Sony on some things. I'm unsure if this is bedding in for acquisition, especially with the ABK deal going through.

Konami are really behind the times. I don't think anyone told them nobody is going to E3. Certainly doesn't look like any platform holder is. The Doritos king has an event planned that appears to be replacing the traditional E3 set up.

Honestly this could all be bullshit but there was a certain console warring mod on a certain forum who is a horror fanatic that discussed a silent hill revival that I thought was bullshit after all the missed events where it was allegedly going to be announced before Konami went all in on silent hill. So... Maybe?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
MGS remake has been rumored for longer than Silent Hill was and that turned out to be true. Its only a matter of time MGS also gets revealed. The question is when.

Im pretty sure its a moneyhat like SH2. I am not sure if BP is developing it anymore. Probably some third party studio like blooper with sony getting timed exclusivity.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I really hoped that MGS3 remake thing was b.s. Don't want Konami touching o remaking anything Kojima related without him. Just remaster the old games and give us MGS4 free from fucking shackle.

John Bilbo

The 60fps 1080p version of MGS3 on PS3 was still very good and easily playable when I played it through some years back. I'd take an unlimited framerate 4K version of that ported on PC.

SSfox

A remake without Kojigoat, idk man... after the lazy RE3 remake i'm careful about those remakes

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm not as into some of these remakes as everyone else is. Would prefer just making a new stealth game.

Castlevania is exciting. One of my favorite IP since I very first started gaming.

I’d rather have a Remake of MSG than MGS3 personally. I don’t trust them not to expand the jungle into some massive open World full of shitty optional missions. At least with the original you’re getting a great 10 hour linear cinematic action experience which they can’t fuck with too much.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Dont care for Metal Gear, especially not another damn remake.

But a new 3D, PS5 exclusive Castlevania sounds very sexy.

Last edited:

saintjules

MGS remake has been rumored for longer than Silent Hill was and that turned out to be true. Its only a matter of time MGS also gets revealed. The question is when.

Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but wasn't it rumored for MGS1 Remake to be the rumor and not MGS3? There's a bunch of articles/videos suggesting that, along with another set of rumors indicating MGS1-3 were being remastered.

Pelta88

If Sony purchases Konami they'd have to start with a new management team. Some of the work conditions that were made public during Kojima debacle would need to be addressed as part of the deal. I doubt the current leadership would still be in place after the acquisition.

That's if the rumour is true.

SlimySnake

Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but wasn't it rumored for MGS1 Remake to be the rumor and not MGS3? There's a bunch of articles/videos suggesting that, along with another set of rumors indicating MGS1-3 were being remastered.
Nah you are right. The Mark cerny bluepoint rumor was mgs1 but this is mentioning mgs3. One of them has to be true.

SlimySnake

What about no?

Do we really want modern konami to violate the corpse of mgs?

Square already fucked up my childhood with the ff7 repuke well enough.
Yeah. My experience with remakes lately has been very positive. Really liked Ratchet, SOTC, FF7, Demon Souls, RE2 and even RE3. FF7 has an excellent combat system that sunk almost a 100 hours into. Never played the original so my childhood is still intact.

anthony2690

Banned
I just hope that Castlevania isn't exclusive as I love that franchise.🤞
& Is just revealed at the Sony event for maximum exposure like street fighter 6 & Tekken 7 :)

Last edited:

wvnative

Yeah. My experience with remakes lately has been very positive. Really liked Ratchet, SOTC, FF7, Demon Souls, RE2 and even RE3. FF7 has an excellent combat system that sunk almost a 100 hours into. Never played the original so my childhood is still intact.

FF7R Made me feel that childlike excitement again for games that I had during those days. Amazing game. And the original can be pimped out with mods if your a snobby purist.

MGS remakes would be welcome, they can be a bit clunky to play today, especially the original. (Have not played twin snakes) But the originals should be included, or sold separately to preserve, they are still worth playing.

wipeout364

We need a PC port or some other port of MGS 4 as well since it’s not playable anywhere outside of PS3 since the PSnow version is gone.

I would love more Castlevania. A new game would explain this Dead Cells dlc, Konami using it as a way to get the hardcore talking about it again.

MGS is my favourite series other than Mario (and vania). I want it back but only if done properly. I would love re-releases on modern hardware though.
I leave my ps3 hooked up just to play those games whenever the mood strikes.

Other than Nintendo, Konami made my favourite games when I was growing up.what they’ve done over the last decade really did sadden me. All these wonderful series left to collect dust, or worse, made into pachinko.

I am so looking forward to SH2. I hope Bloober don’t fuck it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
MGS3 is meh to me but it is probably better this way because I will be way more forgiving to the quality/faithfulness of it. If they remade MGS1/2 it would just be a torture exercise playing.

Shocked Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

BossLackey

Gold Member
I don't trust an MGS3 remake to really anyone, let alone Konami. Really hoping that if it's real, it's done right at least.

I miss the FOX engine. I'm assuming they would use that?

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Im pretty sure its a moneyhat like SH2. I am not sure if BP is developing it anymore. Probably some third party studio like blooper with sony getting timed exclusivity.
If Blooper is announced to remake Metal Gear Solid franchise...

Let me try that Metal Gear Survive again I didn't think I gave it enough of a chance

Edit: I know what you meant

Last edited:

leizzra

There were two big rumors - one that Bluepoint is making remake of MGS1 and second one that Virtuos is making MGS3. I think that the second one was more popular lately.

Top Bottom