• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami planned big E3 - Castlevania & MGS3 remake allegedly there - Thought to be a PlayStation event

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Man, the 1st Lords of shadow was soooo good , sure, it kinda ran like shit (on the first 2 levels) on consoles but the Del Toro-like aesthetics/art-direction and Oscar's Araujo's OST were so.fookin.good.

I suppose it wasn't AniMu or moe enough (or 2D) so "hardcore" fans obviously shat on it.

I'd kill for another good 3D Castlevania...

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
If Konami is going to merely partner with companies to make games from their library of IP I am good, and I enjoy a good E3 presentation.

I really do wish Sony would acquire most if not all of that IP, though. Bomber Man, Castlevania, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Suikoden - so much possible gold to mine there.

coffinbirth

They did, until 2021 when they decided to go back in, haha.
They, didn't...they just weren't making remakes and sequels to their best IP until now. People always say this, but they've been putting out an average of 10 or so games a year for the last 20 years straight. COVID hit them hard though with very few releases from 2020-2022, and they are just now getting back to form, erm...back to a full production schedule.

MiguelItUp

They, didn't...they just weren't making remakes and sequels to their best IP until now. People always say this, but they've been putting out an average of 10 or so games a year for the last 20 years straight. COVID hit them hard though with very few releases from 2020-2022, and they are just now getting back to form, erm...back to a full production schedule.
I think it's a fair assumption to make considering what they were making weren't really being seen by the majority because of their production issues. But, things seemed change around 2021 and after.

Naked Lunch

Imagine thinking MGS3 needs a remake. Complete fucking waste of time.

Wake me when the MSX's Metal Gear 1 and 2 remake are in production.

pepodmc_

Even if Castlevania were true, I wouldn’t have high hopes for it.
yeah , i mean, iga left konami long ago, so , we cant expect castlevania 1999 or something like that.
So, they will make a new reboot in 3d for sure but, with which studio? XD

RaduN

Imagine thinking MGS3 needs a remake. Complete fucking waste of time.

Wake me when the MSX's Metal Gear 1 and 2 remake are in production.
Exactly this ^

Anyway, if they are going to start the remake road with MGS, you can be 100% sure it will be MGS1. Not MG, definitely not MGS3 (while arguably the best in the series, and the absolute GOAT, it sadly sold the least) not MGS4 or V...i mean, wtf!?

We need Remakes of Metal Gear 1 and 2, Not many People played them and the devs can have tons of creative freedom

And for the People who claim bullshit like is imposible to make an mgs without kojima

1-Games are a team effort, Not an individual
2-MG Ghost Babel is fucking Amazing and without kojima

coffinbirth

I think it's a fair assumption to make considering what they were making weren't really being seen by the majority because of their production issues. But, things seemed change around 2021 and after.
Naw, people have been saying Konami doesn't make games for over a decade. The very post you were originally replying to was a dose of that, in fact.

MiguelItUp

Naw, people have been saying Konami doesn't make games for over a decade. The very post you were originally replying to was a dose of that, in fact.
Well he just thought they were out of the games business, didn't specify a time frame. It's why I said it's a fair assumption, I don't think a lot of people realized they were still around at all. For me personally it wasn't until GetsuFumaDen dropped that I saw people say things like, "Yo, Konami is back?!" But that's because it premiered a preview on a Nintendo Direct, lol.

A lot of people didn't notice Super Bomberman R or Contra: Rogue Corps, I suppose lol.

I'm just glad to see them more and more. I just hope their quality continues to improve. Too many good Konami IPs have been dormant for far too long.

Get fromsoft on a castelvania game asap

So, Bloodborne 2?

you-keep-talking.gif

Top Bottom