• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom come: Deliverance |OT| Gone King Wenceslas

Vlodril

I bought the Royal Edition and the DLC content is excellent. But ya, it unlocks as the story progresses and really ties into the events as the game unfolds. Warhorse deserves your money for the DLC! Hope to see more great games from them in the future.

I already finished the game. I was considering getting the dlc maybe at a sale. Will i have to play it again or can i load a save file and it will be available in the game in a separate storyline or area?

Havoc2049

I already finished the game. I was considering getting the dlc maybe at a sale. Will i have to play it again or can i load a save file and it will be available in the game in a separate storyline or area?
If you load in a save file that is late in the game, or maybe even only about half way complete thought the main story line, all the DLC should be unlocked.

Walledhouse

.... There is some stuff they could inprove. ...
I agree. What is really laughable was any time that you join a battle. Scenes where you were covert; sneaking into camps? Fine. Felt like there was armies just out of sight.

The biggest jank moment was a massive cinematic where your army is shown to be a few hundred strong; then in game it’s ten guys. It’s some real Monty Python shit at that point.

Like the game, was a dick-thief knight. Did enough in one playthrough that I wouldn’t replay it again though.

Walledhouse

About the cutscenes - you are always wearing a different armor. They were prerendered I guess. Which is nonsense nowadays and breaks immersion.
Relatedly, I was playing Destiny 2 the other day; and noticed that during some in-engine cutscenes they use your current equipment.

To be as general as possible with the animations, your guardian will one-hand whatever weapon you’ve got; barrel to the sky. Sneakily, this looks natural for one-handed weapons like Hand Cannons; and looks kind of badass with rifles.

But later in the game, they added Bows. I flew into the Leviathan the other day and was treated to a cutscene of my guardian raising their bow awkwardly to the sky; pointer finger (absent of any actual trigger) sticking out proud like a little finger-gun as he swept the room.

So at least Henry isn’t running people through with a Mace; or kissing women through his helmet.

MadYarpen

Relatedly, I was playing Destiny 2 the other day; and noticed that during some in-engine cutscenes they use your current equipment.

To be as general as possible with the animations, your guardian will one-hand whatever weapon you’ve got; barrel to the sky. Sneakily, this looks natural for one-handed weapons like Hand Cannons; and looks kind of badass with rifles.

But later in the game, they added Bows. I flew into the Leviathan the other day and was treated to a cutscene of my guardian raising their bow awkwardly to the sky; pointer finger (absent of any actual trigger) sticking out proud like a little finger-gun as he swept the room.

So at least Henry isn’t running people through with a Mace; or kissing women through his helmet.

Well he is close to that, you are talking with you helmet closed (if it does have a movable element, no idea how it is called), but for the combat you have to close it anyway;). Just add "open" version of each helmet ffs :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Joho79

I started this 2 days ago. It got me by the balls so far. Didn’t read through the whole ot but just some recent posts. I haven’t came across anything annoying yet. If you discount archery and lockpocking😳

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I started this 2 days ago. It got me by the balls so far. Didn’t read through the whole ot but just some recent posts. I haven’t came across anything annoying yet. If you discount archery and lockpocking😳

Archery is overpowered (or at least it was at launch). You could destroy waves of enemies just by walking backwards and pelting them with arrows to the face.

Walledhouse

Joho79 Joho79 I found archery the coolest feature. It feels so damn slick to eyeball where you feel the arrow will end up instead of using a reticle.

There was some quest where I tracked a bandit into the woods. I snuck around his location to a good vantage and shot him through the temple on my first attempt. Never outside of using snipers in Battlefield have I felt so proud of a shot.

Bigrx1

Banned
I JUST bought and started playing this game - I'm not sure if I'll like it since I didn't care for Witcher 3 but I've heard they are pretty different so we will see.

Joho79

Joho79 Joho79 I found archery the coolest feature. It feels so damn slick to eyeball where you feel the arrow will end up instead of using a reticle.

There was some quest where I tracked a bandit into the woods. I snuck around his location to a good vantage and shot him through the temple on my first attempt. Never outside of using snipers in Battlefield have I felt so proud of a shot.

Ok, maybe I need to practice some more. I was dueling Hans and it did not end well. I owned him with a sword though!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I JUST bought and started playing this game - I'm not sure if I'll like it since I didn't care for Witcher 3 but I've heard they are pretty different so we will see.

It depends on what you didn't like about The Witcher 3, but gameplay-wise, they are not very similar.

DustQueen

Banned
Royal Edition is 11$ on Xbox Store.
First impressions are good.
I play it on Series S so it is One S BC version and they really patched the visuals compared to release build.
It looks really good.

I play it on Series S so it is One S BC version and they really patched the visuals compared to release build.
It looks really good.
wish they would unlock/lock the framerate on nextgen to 60. i've got series x. so you're saying it runs better than like on the one x?

Rikkori

wish they would unlock/lock the framerate on nextgen to 60. i've got series x. so you're saying it runs better than like on the one x?
The cpu is uber important for this game so that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Btw is there autohdr support for this?

It looks really good.
Thanks for the heads up! I downloaded the DLC pack and started a new playthrough using my XB1 disk. I wish the game had New Game Plus though. I looked at my previous save and I actually spent 163 hours on it which sounds crazy. I wish I could import that max out character instead of starting anew but there's no choice.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Curious about console performance on this one.

It gave my old i7/1080 Ti a real trashing so it would be really neat if consoles have decent performance.

Raven117

I keep thinking about this game long after I finished it at launch. It really is pretty unique in what it tries to do. If this seems like something you might be interested in, definetly pick it up.

Alot of the quests are really quite good, the combat takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get it leveled up right, its pretty good.

The overall feel of the game is interesting.

scydrex

I got the Royal version on sale. I was loving it but stopped playing because of the loading. First playtrough on hardcore. I was having a blast but then i saw that in PS5 the loading is much improved so decided to wait and Pro resolution. Sure the beginning was very hard but i was training a lot in combat then it was a lot better. Even won a competition.

Damn I wish they do an update for PS5 4k 60fps at least or something...

Last edited:

so it looks like there is autohdr (unless warhorse added hdr to the game). when i load it up on the series X, screen flashes HDR on. obviously still runs at 30fps. looks fine, nothing special. definitely would be a game changer with a 60fps bump. being in first person, it would help so much!

Rikkori

so it looks like there is autohdr (unless warhorse added hdr to the game). when i load it up on the series X, screen flashes HDR on. obviously still runs at 30fps. looks fine, nothing special. definitely would be a game changer with a 60fps bump. being in first person, it would help so much!
Good to know, thanks. Would love proper HDR for it.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
I picked up the Royal Edition in the recent sale and have been playing it on PS5 for the past week.

Overall thoughts: I’m enjoying this quite a bit, especially the pacing, Henry’s goofy interactions and the fact that this is not based in a fantasy setting.

I just discovered the simplified lock picking mechanic. Holy hell I wasted at least an hour in the lock picking training without success until I discovered it.

Technical issues aside (the pop in is quite atrocious) I can’t believe this never got a patch to increase the framerate...1080p30 is poor but it is what it is. What I’m more bothered by is the big, ugly, permanent reticule on my OLED screen for hours on end. Games really need to allow for a minimal HUD or at the very least to adjust the opacity.

So far, so good!

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I picked up the Royal Edition in the recent sale and have been playing it on PS5 for the past week.

Overall thoughts: I’m enjoying this quite a bit, especially the pacing, Henry’s goofy interactions and the fact that this is not based in a fantasy setting.

I just discovered the simplified lock picking mechanic. Holy hell I wasted at least an hour in the lock picking training without success until I discovered it.

Technical issues aside (the pop in is quite atrocious) I can’t believe this never got a patch to increase the framerate...1080p30 is poor but it is what it is. What I’m more bothered by is the big, ugly, permanent reticule on my OLED screen for hours on end. Games really need to allow for a minimal HUD or at the very least to adjust the opacity.

So far, so good!
It was planned, then it was quite a bit high kill count of Pandemic so the studio was closed without plans when to re-open it. Pro consoles couldn't do 60FPS. Pro is running 1080p, so you are correct. X1X at 1440p.

I worked on this game so I know. So I hope you enjoy that despite not being patched.

AmateurPong

Hard to believe it's already been three years since this came out. Bought it again on Series X recently, performance is definitely way better than it was on PS4 Pro, but a 60fps patch would definitely be welcome.

Wonder how far along Warhorse is with their next title. M1chl M1chl do you have any insight? Hopefully they are at least still working on it.

I really hope they go Third Person with the sequel. And to have a less boring-looking protagonist.

Add the option sure, but this game belongs in first person imo. Or at least I fell in love with it as a first person medieval simulation. Also Henry looks fine, Jesus Christ be praised.

Last edited:

M1chl

Hard to believe it's already been three years since this came out. Bought it again on Series X recently, performance is definitely way better than it was on PS4 Pro, but a 60fps patch would definitely be welcome.

Wonder how far along Warhorse is with their next title. M1chl M1chl do you have any insight? Hopefully they are at least still working on it.

Add the option sure, but this game belongs in first person imo. Or at least I fell in love with it as a first person medieval simulation. Also Henry looks fine, Jesus Christ be praised.
There is some concepts, but nothing to announce. Sadly studio is still on halt.

I do have an insight and I hope it works out, but I can't say anything from the internal talks, hopefully understandable.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I really hope they go Third Person with the sequel. And to have a less boring-looking protagonist.
No, the game's all about immersion and the first person perspective is the only way to go in this scenario. I really hope they'll preserve the immersion, realism and historical accuracy for the sequel.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned

No, the game's all about immersion and the first person perspective is the only way to go in this scenario. I really hope they'll preserve the immersion, realism and historical accuracy for the sequel.
I don't need First Person to be immersed in a game. I get immersed in games like The Witcher or Dark Souls and other third person ARPGs just fine.

And no Henry looks like the most plain and boring character ever with his always "derp" face.

Those two things were a barrier for me but everything else (environments,exploration,historical accuracy and realism) are what attracts me to this game.

Last edited:

AmateurPong

I don't need First Person to be immersed in a game. I get immersed in games like The Witcher or Dark Souls and other third person ARPGs just fine.

And no Henry looks like the most plain and boring character ever with his always "derp" face.

Those two things were a barrier for me but everything else (environments,exploration,historical accuracy and realism) are what attracts me to this game.

Don't think we're going to agree here, but they probably could add a third-person view like Skyrim does. I never use it because it feels weird, but different strokes and all that.

Speaking of immersion, my dream would be to play a game like this fully in VR. I see there are mods and whatnot to do it on PC, but it would be cool if Warhorse's next game was built with this in mind.

Tchu-Espresso

It was planned, then it was quite a bit high kill count of Pandemic so the studio was closed without plans when to re-open it. Pro consoles couldn't do 60FPS. Pro is running 1080p, so you are correct. X1X at 1440p.

I worked on this game so I know. So I hope you enjoy that despite not being patched.
I had no idea there were plans for an update patch. I hope it’s still possible as it would make the controls feel much more responsive!

Very much enjoying the game so far. It’s pretty amazing considering how development started out and how ambitious the game is!

Rudius

I do have an insight and I hope it works out, but I can't say anything from the internal talks, hopefully understandable.

Is there any chance for an unlocked fps patch for next gen? It could rekindle the iinterest around the game.

M1chl

Is there any chance for an unlocked fps patch for next gen? It could rekindle the iinterest around the game.
Well it's totally off the table sadly, due to developer licencing, maybe someone do what Remedy. I sadly am not high-profile dev and I an only hope that when some other project starts, few people are going to sit and do the neccessary adjustments. I can't promise anything.

Also I can't comment on what the developers licences are and how they are carried, it's a secret which I don't know. I was not at that position, I just talk to people there.

Tchu-Espresso

Just finished my first DLC - A Woman’s Lot. I appreciate trying to provide a difference perspective of the story but I couldn’t wait to get it over with. The fetch quests weren’t that enjoyable (or straightforward - I had to use a guide to help me find the Marigold flowers) and any time combat was forced on me, i didn’t enjoy.

What are the better DLCs?

Back to playing with Henry. Going back to Skalitz to find some buried treasure.

Denton

What are the better DLCs?
Woman's Lot has two parts. While I enjoy Theresa's questline, the second part - where you are helping Johanka - is significantly better.

I also enjoyed Band of Bastards and Amorous Adventures. If you do that one, do not buy the potion from Charlatan, instead do his quests.

Tchu-Espresso

Woman's Lot has two parts. While I enjoy Theresa's questline, the second part - where you are helping Johanka - is significantly better.

I also enjoyed Band of Bastards and Amorous Adventures. If you do that one, do not buy the potion from Charlatan, instead do his quests.
I will keep that in mind!

Dunkelgrau

So I bought the Royal Edition (PS4), probably a little bit late, for my PS5. Now I have to wait six hours for patch 1.05 … 🤣🤣🤣

Which version is on the disc? Would you guys recommend to complete the download first?

Last edited:
Top Bottom