• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance Has Sold Over 5 Million Copies

For me the most significant one was no map GPS. So you have a map, but you still have to orient by landmarks, sky and logic. That made simple travel in the game an adventure. And being able to get actually lost in the woods...such a novel concept for a videogame.

Then there is less intrusive UI, no fast travel, negative perks..

As far as I am concerned hardcore is the only way to play.
I love this game, but Ngl that sounds more annoying than anything else lol

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
For me the most significant one was no map GPS. So you have a map, but you still have to orient by landmarks, sky and logic. That made simple travel in the game an adventure. And being able to get actually lost in the woods...such a novel concept for a videogame.

Then there is less intrusive UI, no fast travel, negative perks..

As far as I am concerned hardcore is the only way to play.

Yeah, it's pretty cool. I've stared a new game and I'm already 8+ hours in. Checking the time and looking where the sun is in the sky to figure out which way is north is pretty immersive.

I purchased this art book and few other goodies (mug, coasters etc.). I like this game A LOT.

artbookcover04(1).jpg

Denton

I love this game, but Ngl that sounds more annoying than anything else lol
I can understand how people raised on modern videogames filled with UIs and tutorials and helpers would think so, but I found KCD incredibly refreshing in that regard and really hope hardcore mode will be part of Kingdom Come II at launch (since it was only added in a patch for the first game).

fatmarco

I think Hardcore mode would be enticing if the game was more fair and less clunky though. I died far too many times to bullshit, or ruined a quest due to the "rules" not quite being clear etc. for me to be that interested.

It'd need to just be a bit more polished for me to feel secure in committing that much time to it, even if the basic adjustments it makes to the game sound cool.

Last edited:
I can understand how people raised on modern videogames filled with UIs and tutorials and helpers would think so, but I found KCD incredibly refreshing in that regard and really hope hardcore mode will be part of Kingdom Come II at launch (since it was only added in a patch for the first game).
Morrowind was my favorite game growing up so off with that notion of being raised with modern games guiding me, I just think it would be a bummer playing kcd which is way larger and has timed quests and limited saves as is without at least a bit of guidance lol

Though I wouldn't use it myself, I hope it'd be included as well.... No reason not to be with how fucking long they're taking, if they do another "we have news!" about a soap or boardgame drop I may just tune out entirely, it's been 4 years.... Cut the shit and at least fucking announce it and preferably with a date

EDMIX

Morrowind was my favorite game growing up so off with that notion of being raised with modern games guiding me, I just think it would be a bummer playing kcd which is way larger and has timed quests and limited saves as is without at least a bit of guidance lol

Though I wouldn't use it myself, I hope it'd be included as well.... No reason not to be with how fucking long they're taking, if they do another "we have news!" about a soap or boardgame drop I may just tune out entirely, it's been 4 years.... Cut the shit and at least fucking announce it and preferably with a date

I was like come on buddy, its only been like 1 year.....ok maybe 2 ye.......

(looks at google to check myself before I shall wreck thyself)

holy fucking shit lol Time flys. (I should really look into really trying to transfer to a university before years end as sometimes life really does just pass by)

Yea I expect some reveal of a new game as I'm sure they are not doing that Switch port themselves and if they are I doubt its 100% of the team. So hype for a next gen only one.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I think Hardcore mode would be enticing if the game was more fair and less clunky though. I died far too many times to bullshit, or ruined a quest due to the "rules" not quite being clear etc. for me to be that interested.

It'd need to just be a bit more polished for me to feel secure in committing that much time to it, even if the basic adjustments it makes to the game sound cool.

I guess hardcore mode was intended for a second playthrough.

I'm having a blast now. I think they changed some things to better suit this style of no compass/markers gameplay. Example. When you have to escape to the castle at the beginning of the game, at crossroads Henry says "castle is to the left along the river" or something like that. I don't recall this line from normal mode. Makes sense since you're running away from fucking Kumans and you have no idea where the castle is.

Last edited:

Denton

I guess hardcore mode was intended for a second playthrough.
I used it on my first and wouldn't have it any other way

You should try it yourself. There is enough guidance in hardcore mode.

And it may have been 4 years, but they spent entire year making updates and DLCs, and then there was pandemic work from home which also slowed things down significantly.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I used it on my first and wouldn't have it any other way

Can't imagine playing the entire game like that. No fast travel must be tiring, especially in some of the side quest that often require you to go around the entire map just to have 1-2 lines of dialogue with random NPCs.

Other than that hardcore mode seems very cool. Not hard at all. You can save in camps, your bed, bath houses. Saviour Schnapps quickly becomes easy to buy since money is no issue after few hours once you level up pick locking skill and unlock the ability to sell stolen goods. I'm playing with all traits and quite enjoying myself. I don't think I will finish the game like that but it's fun enough to just fool around in the world.

Denton

Can't imagine playing the entire game like that. No fast travel must be tiring, especially in some of the side quest that often require you to go around the entire map just to have 1-2 lines of dialogue with random NPCs.
That was my biggest worry before I started playing. But I didn't mind it in the end, with fastest horse the travel time between towns is quite short and the scenery is so gorgeous..
Plus it also forced me to plan my trips and missions effectively, always staying in each area longer to do as much as possible there etc.

Top Bottom