• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Smith is donating all future residuals of his Miramax films to charity

Gotta love GAF sometimes.

Man says he is unaware of someone's actions yet does something positive he doesn't have to to try and support victims.

How to view those actions:

1) - "Wow, that's actually really good of him. I don't have any proof or reason to disbelieve him so I think it's great that not only has he set up a foundation against child sex trafficking but he's also actually trying to do something to support people affected by these recent allegations."

2) - "He fuckin' knew about it all and it's just money to ease his conscience, fuck that guy. Also, his films are all shit"

Like someone else said in this thread earlier, option 2 makes the losers feel superior fleetingly so you can see why its popular.

You have to be joking when you equate classy with his dick coming out of the mother's ass.

It's neither classy nor original and the guy's question was legitimate (his last few films were rather on the "why does it suck" end) and asked in the same manner Kevin Smith usually talks/does presentations (his Wild Wide West.Giant mechanical Spider scene is epic).

He was just too much of a pussy to take what he usually gives and resorted to a "I fucked your mum up the ass" joke.

How is why does your movies suck a legitimate question? You say it like its some universal truth. How is he supposed to respond?

Like it or not, film is an art form and wether you think Smith's work is good or bad, its still art and subjective.

guggnichso

Banned
Can you edit this to include sexual abuse? Dude is on record in a history of independent cinema as saying he knew Harvey (and Bob mentally and physically abused other people.

Sounds pedantic, but shows Smith was fine with others being mistreated so long as it didn't affect him

Receipts, please. I would like to read on where exactly „dude“ was „on record“ saying he knew they were physically abusing people.

guggnichso

Banned
I mean, I knew about it and I don't work with him nor am I even in the movie industry. I find it hard to believe that someone who made 8 movies with him didn't know. He's been doing it at least since the 80s so it doesn't really matter that they haven't made a movie together since 2011.

If you knew about it, why didn’t you do anything to stop it? And what exactly will YOU do to make amends for knowing about that all this time and not stopping it?

mlclmtckr

Banned
This is a good thing to do.

Also he was banning people for making rape jokes on his forum in like 2003. Which is really good.

I agree he has been extremely problematic at times (Hollywood Babble-On is fucking disgusting misogynist propaganda) but it's weird that people are trying to divine who knew what and when based on this statement.

Top Bottom