• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just bought Xbox Series X

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Nice to see so much Xbox positivity.

party GIF

Mr.ODST

oh just on another note aswell, Xbox can get some decent cheap games because they allow keys, check some key sites and you can get some good deals on new titles, I got Alien Dark Decent for £18, GTA Trilogy for 20 and Remnant 2 Ultimate for £30

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
2080TI is at least on par or better than series X what you doing OP. 2080TI isnt the problem, your ram or cpu is

I still run the 2080 Super and i can run all my games at ultra settings on my 34" Ultrawide LG display. Sure maybe not RT at the highest settings in all games but who cares. Weird switch imo since now he will play the inferior version of Starfield :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Pretty much for the same reason im sure everyone else is right now being Starfield. But i also did it because my 2080Ti is really being tested with the newer releases at least in 4k. Anyways , its my first time owning an Xbox since the One X a few years back and i must say as familiar as it is (because not much has changed) the Ui is still the best amongst the three consoles in terms of intuitiveness and response and Game Pass really is the best deal in gaming regardless of what people may feel in terms of it being a positive thing for the industry or not. Also i notice that Xbox socially speaking really seems to be a much more active space when it comes to people just joining parties to catch up and just reconnect almost like i never left the platform. Felt that way before and it still seems to be true. I know the platform lacks the exclusives that Playstation has and theres no debating that but i think their ABK deal and Bethesda deal makes it very clear they are making that big investment into the gaming space and procuring exclusives the way people have been patiently waiting for. I guess what im trying to say is it feels good to be back on the box. Bring on the cynicism lol . So excited to get into Starfield in the coming weeks !

I'm not sure what you are gonna do, but i wouldn't play Starfield on console when you already have a pc that will outperform the XSX.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
People overestimate pc hardware has always... 2080ti is not better than SX on rasterization. So games that don't support DLSS or raytracing will run more or less on par with the series x.

Just look at the benchmarks where 6700XT (RDNA 2 with 13tflops, and same memory bandwidth than SX) has a performance sligthy better than 2080ti when no rtx is used.

So no, it won't run Starfield at the same quality than SX with the double of performance.

Please do not come here and spread misinformation dude. The XSX will run at 30fps and lower res. With that system he could easily run Starfield at 1440p, higher graphical settings and more FPS then Starfield on XSX will ever see.

I'm playing BF2042 on a 2080 Super and the rest of the system is 5800X3D and 32GB DDR @3600mhz. All settings are on Ultra, so you are gonna say your XSX is ouperforming my PC with the same graphicall settings and same FPS?

Never of it's existent.

Phobos Base

It’s still the same ratio it’s always been.

Yes but the bonuses have been reduced. Monthly set was 2k and is now 1k, completing the GP quests is now 500 instead of 1k, weekly treasure seems to have gone, fewer punch cards and the 50 for an achievement is now only for GP games.

mrcroket

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Consoles aren’t on par with 6700XT. It’s a lot closer to 5700XT

A770 manages to meet console equivalence for many games and is not even on par with a 6700XT

Then 2080 Ti

Where does it beat a 2080 Ti outside of 1080p outliers? On avg it doesn’t.

Not to mention that Starfield has all the indications that it’s CPU bound. You know how much console cpu sucks compared to PC?

He absolutely will destroy a series X

No, look at the specs of the 6700XT, is more close to the SX than the 5700XT and both are based on RDNA 2.

And well the performance vs the 2080ti is per game, anyway the point is that in rasterization they are practically on par.

Please do not come here and spread misinformation dude. The XSX will run at 30fps and lower res. With that system he could easily run Starfield at 1440p, higher graphical settings and more FPS then Starfield on XSX will ever see.

I'm playing BF2042 on a 2080 Super and the rest of the system is 5800X3D and 32GB DDR @3600mhz. All settings are on Ultra, so you are gonna say your XSX is ouperforming my PC with the same graphicall settings and same FPS?

Never of it's existent.

Yep the SX gpu is more powerful than your 2080 super in pure rasterization games, deal with it.

And as for the cpu, I have not said anything about it, anyway console games are much better optimized at cpu level than on PC. Look at the DF spiderman comparisons on console vs PC and the equivalent cpu you needed.

It's you who is misinforming, but hey if it makes you feel better to think that your gpu is magic because you are an elite master racer and not a peasent console gamer good for you.

Bojji

People overestimate pc hardware has always... 2080ti is not better than SX on rasterization. So games that don't support DLSS or raytracing will run more or less on par with the series x.

Just look at the benchmarks where 6700XT (RDNA 2 with 13tflops, and same memory bandwidth than SX) has a performance sligthy better than 2080ti when no rtx is used.

So no, it won't run Starfield at the same quality than SX with the double of performance.

No, look at the specs of the 6700XT, is more close to the SX than the 5700XT and both are based on RDNA 2.

And well the performance vs the 2080ti is per game, anyway the point is that in rasterization they are practically on par.

Yep the SX gpu is more powerful than your 2080 super in pure rasterization games, deal with it.

And as for the cpu, I have not said anything about it, anyway console games are much better optimized at cpu level than on PC. Look at the DF spiderman comparisons on console vs PC and the equivalent cpu you needed.

It's you who is misinforming, but hey if it makes you feel better to think that your gpu is magic because you are an elite master racer and not a peasent console gamer good for you.

Spiderman is using PS5 I/O decompression hardware and Xbox don't have that (or at least not as powerful).

mpAPfN4.png

Both GPUs are not far from each other without RT, with RT 2080ti destroys 6700XT.

You are forgetting that Starfield 30fps limit is completely arbitrary ("developers choice"), no one is saying that 2080ti will render twice the framerate of SX but game can easily run 60FPS with right options.

mdkirby

Can’t say I agree on the ui, unless it’s changed A LOT since I last turned it on a couple of months ago.

I find the ui a confusing mess that is pretty much 100% focussed on doing nothing but pushing you into gamespass. Even then it’s weak, I’ve still not worked out how or if I can view ALL gamespass games in a chronological list of their release onto the service. There’s like “new to gamespass” which has the most recent additions (this months), but no see all, and then just an AZ or category selections. It’s incredibly frustrating especially if you don’t turn it on often.

Its singular focus too also means I’ve not spent a single penny on software outside of gamespass. Yet even with ps premium I sink about 1500 into software/yr…sure some is gamespass devaluing any purchase on Xbox, but a lot of it is just the ui

Maybe it’s just me 🤷‍♂️…despite being a ui designer I do get incredibly frustrated and confused quite easily when navigating ui’s

Have fun !

I always recommend checking BC games especially the ones that are 4K enhanced and have FPS Boost. FF XIII trilogy is a must play. Panzer Dragoon Orta is unbelievable as well.

There are also many classics that ran perfectly fine from the get go, such as Jet Set Radio.
Yep going back to play the only games is amazing, plus you get added HDR support too.

mrcroket

Spiderman is using PS5 I/O decompression hardware and Xbox don't have that (or at least not as powerful).

mpAPfN4.png

Both GPUs are not far from each other without RT, with RT 2080ti destroys 6700XT.

You are forgetting that Starfield 30fps limit is completely arbitrary ("developers choice"), no one is saying that 2080ti will render twice the framerate of SX but game can easily run 60FPS with right options.
Yep when RT is in use the 2080ti destroy 6700XT, no doubt.

Sure you can tweak the settings to have 60fps on 2080ti, but the comment I originally replied to, implied that the 2080ti could run the game at same or higher quality and 60fps.

TonyK

I bought Series X on Christmas only because it was avaliable but not truly interested in the console, and it ended being my main console. Even today, eight months later, I can't believe I prefer Series X over PS5 when I've been a Sonyer almost since PS1.
The UI (that customizable library!), quick resume, Game Pass and the ergonomy of the controller have been the culprits.

SenkiDala

Use Microsoft rewards.
Yes this, you can get like 2/3 AAA games on day one, or controllers, or etc with that.

Anyway welcome onboard, an awesome console with not enough exclusives for now but plenty of games to play, and a great backward compatibly.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

I really don't give a fuck about the whole XSX, since that console isn't really that powerful. Other parts of the system are holding it back and after years, it doesn't look like the XSX greatly designed at all, and than we haven't talked about the tools.

Even with a less powerful CPU and less ram then 32GB, the XSX will still not match it in combination with Res, framerate and graphical settings. The XSX isn't matching my settings at all on the same level dude...keep dreaming.
If you knew me from Neogaf, i'm the last person here that is a PCMR. I hate that cult but you on the other hand is dreaming of a console that isn't capable of doing all these settings at the highest.

Are you still one of those guys which say "Look at the XSX 12TF, ow and look at the PS5 10.3TF, XSX shits all over it in all games"....no it doesn't, far from it. Pure rasterization doesn't really makes sense if the rest of the system can't push it to it's limited. So BF2042 on my PC runs at a higher res, higher fps, ultra graphical settings/RT. The game runs at a dynamic 4K res on both consoles less then 1440p.

Last edited:

Danknugz

Pretty much for the same reason im sure everyone else is right now being Starfield. But i also did it because my 2080Ti is really being tested with the newer releases at least in 4k. Anyways , its my first time owning an Xbox since the One X a few years back and i must say as familiar as it is (because not much has changed) the Ui is still the best amongst the three consoles in terms of intuitiveness and response and Game Pass really is the best deal in gaming regardless of what people may feel in terms of it being a positive thing for the industry or not. Also i notice that Xbox socially speaking really seems to be a much more active space when it comes to people just joining parties to catch up and just reconnect almost like i never left the platform. Felt that way before and it still seems to be true. I know the platform lacks the exclusives that Playstation has and theres no debating that but i think their ABK deal and Bethesda deal makes it very clear they are making that big investment into the gaming space and procuring exclusives the way people have been patiently waiting for. I guess what im trying to say is it feels good to be back on the box. Bring on the cynicism lol . So excited to get into Starfield in the coming weeks !
paid shill alert 🚨

how much MS rewards points did you earn for this post? 🧐

Danknugz

I bought Series X on Christmas only because it was avaliable but not truly interested in the console, and it ended being my main console. Even today, eight months later, I can't believe I prefer Series X over PS5 when I've been a Sonyer almost since PS1.
The UI (that customizable library!), quick resume, Game Pass and the ergonomy of the controller have been the culprits.
t4ex4UA.gif
t4ex4UA.gif
t4ex4UA.gif

Last edited:

mrcroket

I really don't give a fuck about the whole XSX, since that console isn't really that powerful. Other parts of the system are holding it back and after years, it doesn't look like the XSX greatly designed at all, and than we haven't talked about the tools.

Even with a less powerful CPU and less ram then 32GB, the XSX will still not match it in combination with Res, framerate and graphical settings. The XSX isn't matching my settings at all on the same level dude...keep dreaming.
If you knew me from Neogaf, i'm the last person here that is a PCMR. I hate that cult but you on the other hand is dreaming of a console that isn't capable of doing all these settings at the highest.

Are you still one of those guys which say "Look at the XSX 12TF, ow and look at the PS5 10.3TF, XSX shits all over it in all games"....no it doesn't, far from it. Pure rasterization doesn't really makes sense if the rest of the system can't push it to it's limited. So BF2042 on my PC runs at a higher res, higher fps, ultra graphical settings/RT. The game runs at a dynamic 4K res on both consoles less then 1440p.
So specs doesn't matter for you. The xbox is worse because it's a console and consoles perform worse, period. And it's poorly designed because microsoft engineers do not know how to assemble hardware like you. And your pc performs better based on your deep comparative analysis.

Ok then.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
So specs doesn't matter for you. The xbox is worse because it's a console and consoles perform worse, period. And it's poorly designed because microsoft engineers do not know how to assemble hardware like you. And your pc performs better based on your deep comparative analysis.

Ok then.

Based on facts, not the stupid shit you are spreading around dumbass.

Comparing AMD and Nvidia specs doesn’t make sense. But good luck thinking the XSX can outperform my system at the same level of graphical performance🤣

Last edited:

mrcroket

Based on facts, not the stupid shit you are spreading around dumbass.

Comparing AMD and Nvidia specs doesn’t make sense. But good luck thinking the XSX can outperform my system at the same level of graphical performance🤣
I'm not comparing specs but performance. Facts? :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy: you are ignoring the facts, but hey maybe you perception of "my pc runs better" is more accurate than bench from techpowerup or guru3d where comparing your card vs the equivalent to the SX gpu from AMD based on RDNA 2.

Enjoy you "better" graphical performace.

stn

The console is ugly as shit but I otherwise love it. If you like older games, the original XBox library is awesome.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I'm not comparing specs but performance. Facts? :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy: you are ignoring the facts, but hey maybe you perception of "my pc runs better" is more accurate than bench from techpowerup or guru3d where comparing your card vs the equivalent to the SX gpu from AMD based on RDNA 2.

Enjoy you "better" graphical performace.

Facts B2042 runs at a higher res on my pc, higher graphical settings, and higher framerates.

How is the XSX going to beat that with it’s dynamic resolution, lower graphical settings and max 60fps?

Again i’m comparing not based on numbers you read on the internet but actual game performance. It’s not about my pc or anyone else their pc. It’s the fact that you talk shit around here. The 2080 TI is more power than what the Series X can produce. In this case, he is going to play the inferior version of Starfield but in your world, the XSX beats the 2080 TI?

Again good luck, but the XSX isn’t running BF2042 above 100fps at all with the same graphical settings and higher res then 1440p.

“But But Guru3D and and numbers”…stfu…

Last edited:

fallingdove

I still run the 2080 Super and i can run all my games at ultra settings on my 34" Ultrawide LG display. Sure maybe not RT at the highest settings in all games but who cares. Weird switch imo since now he will play the inferior version of Starfield :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm not sure what you are gonna do, but i wouldn't play Starfield on console when you already have a pc that will outperform the XSX.
I still don’t know that I buy the OP. It feels like an ad.

Just enough information to convince people that you should buy an Xbox even though your existing PC could easily handle playing Starfield. Oh and Xbox is better than PlayStation cause GamePass and investments in ABK/Blizzard.

Anytime you see the tag line GamePass is the best deal in gaming, you have to be suspicious. GamePass is shit for 10 months of the year and people that don’t see it for what it is (Games with Gold v2), have some low subscription standards.

Top Bottom