• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June 18th at EA Play (Midnight UK / 4pm PT / 7pm ET)

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
I haven't really heard anyone talking about this. EA's game showcase event is still scheduled for next Thursday the 11th at 4pm PST. Could be the 1st time we see actual gameplay demos of next-gen games which is kinda crazy to think about. I know the pedigree that EA has, but there are still some solid developers with them (RESPAWN) and I'm excited to see what the future holds.

We will probably see some Battlefield 6 too.

What do ya'll want to see from EA?

https://www.ea.com/ea-play-live

*6/5 edit: Postponed until the 18th. Thanks JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered for the update.

Last edited:
I had kinda forotten about this too.

I gotta assume FIFA and Madden will be on full display. Definitely interesting how the timing of everything went down, if this ends up being the first real "next gen gameplay showcase"

JLMC469

Banned
That Frostbite engine...
4GTth.gif

JOEVIAL

With the one-upping going on, you can't even be sure it will be held at all at anytime.

True, but we are a week out without any word that it's postponed or cancelled. I'm just going to presume it's still on.

That Frostbite engine...
4GTth.gif

There is a very good chance we will see Battlefield 6. It will probably be cross-gen sure... but it will likely still look amazing!

MiguelItUp

Honestly the only IPs that I care about from EA are Battlefield (though I didn't play V at all) and Battlefront. So, it'd be great to see something from both or either.

I wish Visceral and Dead Space never died. :(

ShaikhCroft

I bet it will be EA Sports heavy. My expectations from EA Play are:

• Battlefield 6/Titanfall 3
  • FIFA 21
  • Madden NFL
  • Other EA Sports Bullshit
  • Jedi: Fallen Order 2 Teaser
  • Next Need For Speed
  • Plants vs Zombies Sequel

My dream hope from EA Play:
  • Mirror's Edge Catalyst Sequel
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert 4/New Title
  • The Sims 5
  • Unravel 3
  • A Way Out 2
  • Dragon Age 4
  • Mass Effect 5

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
I feel like it’s just going to be sports crap, some Anthem redux nonsense and The Sims 5 teaser because why not?

Quantum253

With all the hype (and success) around Fortnite / COD:Warzone. I'm wondering if EA would reboot a franchise to monetize on a Battle Royal Free to play model. I would think the older Delta Force series (2000s) or Medal of Honor would make a good foundational base for building a modern Battle Royal, or maybe something new. Leave Battle Field to build upon its roots, bring players back, and make the changes to the free to play game. I wouldn't see Battle Front being a FTP game, although it'd be nice to have a Battle Front 1 or 2 remake

Meowzers

I play Fifa a lot so looking forward to seeing it, but they always fill the time with some cash-grabbing numpty telling us what football means to them, with some archive footage on the Fifa history with 5 seconds of actual visuals slotted inbetween. Then afterwards someone that knows nothing about the sport says 'Wow, I can't wait to play that'.

supernova8

Banned
We can be fairly sure that most of their annual games (Madden, FIFA) will just be slightly better versions of what we have already. Just take the Ignite 'in-engine' trailer.

2013 EA Ignite Engine Trailer

That was 7 years ago and FIFA still doesn't look like that to this day. Honestly I don't trust EA not to put out a load of misleading garbage. I applaud Sony for trying to break from current gen and focus on stuff that can only be achieved with PS5, but it doesn't mean EA is going to do that. Maybe around 2022 we'll see an actual next-gen FIFA that looks vaguely close to what they showed as 'in-engine' back in 2013.

Last edited:

Quantum253

That leaves Steam Game Fest and Destiny 2: The Next Chapter showings to potentially move from the June 9th spot unless developers/organizers have explicitly stated that the shows are still for those dates.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Overall, it seems like everything has been postponed a week while the Cyberpunk event was pushed back two weeks and we're all waiting for when the new PS5 event gets dated.

JOEVIAL

It has been delayed, now will be held on June 18th

Figures.

All of these delays have really put things in perspective for me. I have just been reminiscing of past E3's, as I always do this time of year. All the amazing announcements we have seen during live conferences. and such. Even though E3 isn't happening, and live conferences with audiences won't happen this year, I am still just as excited as I have ever been. Also I am just in the gaming mood too which has been awesome! Been playing so many games lately, completed 16 games last month and I am well on my way to completing more this month.

The future will come soon enough, I need to enjoy the present more.

Last edited:

Quantum253

Figures.

All of these delays have really put things in perspective for me. I have just been reminiscing of past E3's, as I always do this time of year. All the amazing announcements we have seen during live conferences. and such. Even though E3 isn't happening, and live conferences with audiences won't happen this year, I am still just as excited as I have ever been. Also I am just in the gaming mood too which has been awesome! Been playing so many games lately, completed 16 games last month and I am well on my well to completing more this month.

The future will come soon enough, I need to enjoy the present more.
I do that same. Maybe time for the "Remembering best and Worst of E3 Thread" capture all the crazy announcements among the worst too. Lots of memories and June has always been the most exciting time of year, The last two years have been reduced, but this year hype is almost at an all time low although we have new consoles and the best looking games we've ever seen coming out.

Everyone's waiting for king Sony. Following the market leader.

Except of course for Bungie... season pass ends in 5 days and they need that milk. No ifs or buts.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Remember when EA showed the TitanFall trailer and it was at 1080p/60hz “running” on Xbox One?
I remember.

There's a SW Maverick game coming?

Looks like it

not confirmed but hinted at

ShaikhCroft

Looks like it

not confirmed but hinted at
But June 2 passed and we didn't get an announcement. Wish it comes true at EA Play.

sobaka770

Banned
Damn EA has some weird marketing strategy - their showing is at minight EU time! Who thought that is a good idea?

Anyway, hoping for a good upgrade/remake of Mass Effect.

Top Bottom