• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan renews deal with Spotify, but his podcast is no longer exclusive. Will return to YouTube, Apple, etc.

Mesousa

Banned
You're conflating something that is the result of emotional/psychological torment and remarks made that can be deemed as racism to support your characterisation of Joe Rogan. I think that is quite unfair. Having seen a lot of the footage that you're referring to, I don't think he's racist at all. The Planet of the Apes story had a bad punchline, which he himself immediately acknowledges and defines as racism, an actual racist wouldn't casually acknowledge this. People can make statements that are forms of racism and not actually be racist - I think there is a massive distinction between the two.
I never said he was a racist though did I. I said, based on his words, that he is uncomfortable around black people and his words have shown that.

Mesousa

Banned
No, I feel more shame for YOU. Joe Rogan has thousands of hours of content online, and like bacteria to sugar, you choose to glom onto the worst things he's ever said. Your spirit animal is that if a courtroom prosecutor who has no interest in the other side of the story.

Why would you judge a man based on his low points rather than take him holistically?

Because its your kink. It makes you feel good.

The formula for this interaction went as follows:

1. You called Joe Rogan, a man you've never met, racist.

2. I called you out for having an unhealthy shame fetish.

Perhaps Joe Rogan means more to you than you previously realized.
I said a man who said walking into a theater full of black people is like planet of the apes is uncomfortable around that group. You took offense at it brother.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I said a man who said walking into a theater full of black people is like planet of the apes is uncomfortable around that group. You took offense at it brother.
Oh, if your implication wasn't that he was racist then I apologize. My mistake.

No, I feel more shame for YOU. Joe Rogan has thousands of hours of content online, and like bacteria to sugar, you choose to glom onto the worst things he's ever said. Your spirit animal is that if a courtroom prosecutor who has no interest in the other side of the story.

Why would you judge a man based on his low points rather than take him holistically?

Because its your kink. It makes you feel good.

The formula for this interaction went as follows:

1. You called Joe Rogan, a man you've never met, racist.

2. I called you out for having an unhealthy shame fetish.

Perhaps Joe Rogan means more to you than you previously realized.

near

Gold Member
I never said he was a racist though did I. I said, based on his words, that he is uncomfortable around black people and his words have shown that.
You've been insinuating it throughout this thread, now you decide to feign ignorance.

SpiceRacz

He has said he felt uncomfortable walking into a theater full of black people to see a movie, and likened it to being in "Planet of the apes" those were HIS words.His words were also mixed people are powerful because they have black bodies and white minds. Those were HIS words.He's not comfortable with black people, and that is not something he has shied away from. YOU seem to feel more shame for his beliefs than he is about them.

I'll tell you how it is though, and what we tell abuse victims. I cannot judge a man based on what he does when its just you two in bed, and I cannot judge a man based on who he is in your head. The ziggurat you place him on in your reality is just that, your reality. It is not the real world, and not in a place we live.

Obviously Joe means something to you, and its not my job to tear down someone you love, but you have to live in reality. Theres the Joe who has NEVER been ashamed of who he is, and there are people like you who obviously are and think what he tells us isnt the real him. He's something more in your eyes, but as the song says, "He's just a man"

I have a strong sense you’ve spent a lot of time on Resetera.

You're using a clip of what someone said 10 to 15 years ago, and on top of that it's a story referencing a situation that happened sometime before that clip was was recorded, and using that to judge a person and make negative assumptions regarding their character today. People are naturally going to push back against that sort of thing.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
You sounding like his girlfriend my man lol.

Take a man as who he tells you he is, not how you want him to be:messenger_sunglasses:
Again, I'd be the first to agree with you if i thought what you are saying has any bearing in reality, but it doesn't, and I'm still open to any supporting evidence brought forth. Trust me, There's noone more hurt by the amount of brain degeneration Rogan has gone through in the last 10 years and it frankly wouldn't surprise me if he had devolved completely to become a racist, transphobic, xenophobic loon by the time he's 70, but so far it hasn't happened. He's just a pea brain that doesn't have the wisdom to understand and avoid simple human fallacies like confirmation bias and continues to pick and choose whatever storyline is convenient to his worldview. Remember the ivermectin and Brett Weinstein shit he harped on about in every single episode for 2 YEARS straight? Suddenly, not a peep. Just redirections. This is just how conspiracy minded folks brain works, sadly, with complete disregard for the truth. For this reason Rogan and anyone conspiracy minded will never trustworthy or credible

Regardless, Saying Rogan is uncomfortable around black people is just not consistent with anything I've seen

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
I was on Rogan's forum back in 2008 when him and Redban were posting all the time. In them days people said whatever was on their minds without a care in the world. If Joe was a racist I guarantee people would have dug up a ton of other examples by now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom