• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jared Kushner Company Cited in Russia Money Laundering Case

WHOOPSIE DAISY

Jared Kushner, the son-in-law of Donald Trump, who acts as his senior White House adviser, secured a multimillion-dollar Manhattan real estate deal with a Soviet-born oligarch whose company was cited in a major New York money laundering case now being investigated by members of Congress.

A Guardian investigation has established a series of overlapping ties and relationships involving alleged Russian money laundering, New York real estate deals and members of Trump's inner circle. They include a 2015 sale of part of the old New York Times building in Manhattan involving Kushner and a billionaire real estate tycoon and diamond mogul, Lev Leviev.

The ties between Trump family real estate deals and Russian money interests are attracting growing interest from the justice department's special counsel, Robert Mueller, as he seeks to determine whether the Trump campaign collaborated with Russia to distort the outcome of the 2016 race. Mueller has reportedly expanded his inquiry to look at real estate deals involving the Trump Organization, as well as Kushner's financing.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/24/jared-kushner-new-york-russia-money-laundering

StarVigil

But Hillary! And what about President Obama? What's the big deal anyways? The only real story here is why is this getting ...

... leaked? Very bad! House republicans not loyal to Trump! Very Bad, you know, bad. Very bad.

rjinaz

But Hillary! And what about President Obama? What's the big deal anyways? The only real story here is why is this getting ...

... leaked? Very bad! House republicans not loyal to Trump! Very Bad, you know, bad. Very bad.

Pretty accurate but you forgot "witch hunt".

If it can be proved that the settlement was accepted and any prosecution squashed directly by the WH, I suppose there's something here. If not, what did Kushner care that the guy he was dealing with was laundering stolen Russian money. More yawnworthy much to do about nothing Russia stuff, methinks.

Arkeband

Banned
If it can be proved that the settlement was accepted and any prosecution squashed directly by the WH, I suppose there's something here. If not, what did Kushner care that the guy he was dealing with was laundering stolen Russian money. More yawnworthy much to do about nothing Russia stuff, methinks.

Would you say it's more of an open faced nothing sandwich or an all-nothing patty between two buns?

rambis

Banned

• This Oligargh was at the center of the scam investigation originally uncovered by Sergei Magnitsky, who was murdered in Moscow, allegedly a state hit
  • The "Magnitsky Act" is the package of sanctions the US applied to Russia in response to this scam, hit
  • Removal of the Magnitsky act was the Russian Attorney's main objective in this now infamous meeting that Jared attended in Trump Tower.

Nothing to see here folks.

Luckily, Preet Bharara the US attorney working the Magnitsky case is working with Mueller.

Are you saying it doesn't matter that the real estate deal Kushner arranged was financed by dirty money? How much do you know about real estate?

• This Oligargh was at the center of the scam investigation originally uncovered by Sergei Magnitsky, who was murdered in Moscow, allegedly a state hit
  • The "Magnitsky Act" is the package of sanctions the US applied to Russia in response to this scam, hit
  • Removal of the Magnitsky act was the Russian Attorney's main objective in this now infamous meeting that Jared attended in Trump Tower.

Am I correct to understand that the Magnitsky sanctions are still in effect, but that in this particular case, there was a settlement?

Many more specifics are needed regarding who signed off on the settlement from the justice dept, etc.

Luckily, Preet Bharara the US attorney working the Magnitsky case is working with Mueller.

I see what youre saying.

But Obama is Kenyan.

Hillary deleted lots of emails.

Do you see why I therefore can't take all the evidence you've presented seriously? I mean if you really want to have a deep discussion, I can go there. A couple points of like to make.

Obama.

Kenyan.

Muslim.

Hillary.

Emails.

Pizza shops.

Benjamin G.Hazi.

I mean, I'm right ar ent I? Can you really deny any of the above? Yet the media won't mention it. WHY?

Think about that and get back to me.

theWB27

Am I correct to understand that the Magnitsky sanctions are still in effect, but that in this particular case, there was a settlement?

Many more specifics are needed regarding who signed off on the settlement from the justice dept, etc.

Don't you see why it's funny to see someone say this is nothing when everything is ongoing?

not that it really matters with this administration, but I find it appalling he still has his security clearance (he shouldn't have one in the first place, let alone a position in the WH). I mean i've never served in the military, but from my understanding those who have Secret or TS(which I believe what Kusher has) faces far more scrutiny and any lies is an immediate disqualifier. Anyone who's served/or has better knowledge on the subject can correct me if i'm wrong on that.

not that it really matters with this administration, but I find it appalling he still has his security clearance (he shouldn't have one in the first place, let alone a position in the WH). I mean i've never served in the military, but from my understanding those who have Secret or TS(which I believe what Kusher has) faces far more scrutiny and any lies is an immediate disqualifier. Anyone who's served/or has better knowledge on the subject can correct me if i'm wrong on that.

Anyone else would be fired or have security clearance revoked and Democrats tried to get it revoked, but Republicans.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Do you have a link that shows Bharara working on Miller's team?

Don't you see why it's funny to see someone say this is nothing when everything is ongoing?
Basically my opinion as of now is that the entire Russia thing is Lewinsky-level BS. I don't believe that Russia altered our election results in any tangible way, and that the Trump team was in on it in exchange for future favors (removal of sanctions, etc). As such, this is just more going down the rabbit hole of nothing.

Some of the story is interesting, with Kushner purchasing the property from Lev and subsequent re-financing from Deutche Bank that supposedly had ties with the laundering operation, but that shit happened well before Trump was running.

I just don't buy the whole thing, so of course I'm skeptical about this.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Basically my opinion as of now is that the entire Russia thing is Lewinsky-level BS. I don't believe that Russia altered our election results in any tangible way, and that the Trump team was in on it in exchange for future favors (removal of sanctions, etc). As such, this is just more going down the rabbit hole of nothing.

Some of the story is interesting, with Kushner purchasing the property from Lev and subsequent re-financing from Deutche Bank that supposedly had ties with the laundering operation, but that shit happened well before Trump was running.

No one is saying Russia directly altered the election results, its that they influenced the election results through online astro tufing, hacking Clinton's e-mails and the like. The collusion between Trump's campaign and the Russia's is still an unknown right now and that's one of the things Mueller's investigation is looking into as well.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I'm actually embarrassed for you.

Yeah it's really silly to believe that Trump is thinking of removing sanctions when he is doing everything in his power to remove sanctions.

KoopaTheCasual

I understand being skeptical about the Trump team involvement, since that is the basis of this ongoing investigation, but its been concluded from pretty much every Intelligence group in the states that Russia influenced our elections through various cyber-attacks.

How can you think that's "BS"???

Glix

The law is that you have to do your due diligence.

Assholish attitudes are why there is no accountability for anything anymore.

Dynomutt

Day X is coming. We will find out that at a very young age Jared was placed in a special program. He was made to train daily in facets of espionage, language, financial maneuvering, politics, and the comb over.

Yeah it's really silly to believe that Trump is thinking of removing sanctions when he is doing everything in his power to remove sanctions.

I suppose we'll find out next week when the new sanctions bill reaches his desk.

The law is that you have to do your due diligence.

I'll admit I am no real estate expert by any stretch, but why would the source of Lev's money have anything to do with Kushner purchasing property from him? Is the concern that Kushners lawyers should have known that the property they were thinking of buying was purchased with ill-gotten gains by Lev, and as such should've backed out?

theWB27

You don't believe the Comey and the IC when they say Russia influenced the election either? Cause that's what's being said...not that they altered it.

You also don't believe that a bunch of rich people would find a way to remove a barrier that is keeping them from making oodles more money? Like Rex and Exxon....and Trump and his real estate?

Trump's decision on the sanctions bill will tell you what?

Z_Y

I'm actually embarrassed for you.

It's just that both sides are awful. On one side you have Lewinsky and a blow job and on the other you have Russian tampering and collusion.

Both sides.

He is probably being smart for just putting on blinders and remaining firmly on the fence.

We should all be so smart.

cwmartin

You're brave for saying it on GAF, i'll give you that. Embarrassingly naive unfortunately, but I must imagine you'd rather not believe it possible for our entire country to be played a fiddle rather than admit its possible. So it's easier to call it a Triple Decker Nothing Club (No Mayo).

Top Bottom