• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Trauma Center any good?

koam

Like $30 canadian good?

The game seemed pretty interesting when I first saw it but I never followed up on it. I'm seeing more love for Phoenix Wright than this and they both came out at the same time. So what's the verdict on this one?

Gio_CoD

Banned
It's hard as hell.

It's really fun for the first hour, but once you get used to the novelty of "operating" you're left with the crushing difficulty. I never finished it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
look at the official trauma center thread. The game is awesome.

My fave game on the DS next to Mario Kart (I've yet to get Tony Hawk, Viewtiful Joe, or Sonic rush, though)

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Definitely worth $30. One of the best use of the stylus yet. You'll enjoy the game if you like a challenge and not afraid of twitch game play. Very very intense game at times. Not Phoenix Wright good, but I'd give it an 8/10.

demi said:
Average and unresponsive

Are you still having troubles with the circle drawing? Because controls are the one thing I have no complaints about.

papercut

Haleon said:
It's hard as hell.

It's really fun for the first hour, but once you get used to the novelty of "operating" you're left with the crushing difficulty. I never finished it.

Is it really that hard? I was thinking of picking up a used copy for my gf but she's no hardcore gamer. What exactly makes it difficult?

demi

Letter to Elise said:
DON'T BELIEVE MY GAME IMPRESSIONS

I've always wanted to do that. ^_^

Number 47

Bork-Bork said:
Are you still having troubles with the circle drawing? Because controls are the one thing I have no complaints about.

It's more than just the circles. Zig Zag?

BZZT

Zig Zag?

BZZT

GaimeGuy

papercut said:
Is it really that hard? I was thinking of picking up a used copy for my gf but she's no hardcore gamer. What exactly makes it difficult?
The problem is almost always keeping vitals up or finishing an operation in time.

VALIS

Trauma Center should've received the over the top hype and praise that this forum bestowed on the one trick pony and much less deserving Phoenix Wright.

demi

Letter to Elise said:
I made the list! :D

~l2e

A list of dumbasses. *golf clap*

VALIS said:
Trauma Center should've received the over the top hype and praise that this forum bestowed on that one trick pony and much less deserving Phoenix Wright.

Not really, since Phoenix Wright is better.

Gio_CoD

Banned
papercut said:
It's hard to explain what makes it so hard if you haven't played the game.

Basically, you have to have ULTRA fast reflexes and PERFECT accuracy to even hope to complete some of the later missions.

Senretsu

I just beat it today. It's awesome, buy it! Funny characters, good music, and unique gameplay. It's the perfect game to play in short episodes. The last few levels had me almost throwing my DS against the wall though, you need some serious skills to beat it. It's hard but its not impossible if you keep trying. Hoping there's a sequel in the works. :)

(I just started Phoenix Write though so I can't compare yet).

GaimeGuy

VALIS said:
Trauma Center should've received the over the top hype and praise that this forum bestowed on the one trick pony and much less deserving Phoenix Wright.

Well it seems that TC (surprisingly) sold much, much better than PW.

I think PW sold something like 9k according to the NPD, and TC sold something like 22k

demi

Because it's an Atlus game, numbnuts. People want Atlus games for the sake of it possibly becoming rare and expensive.

Gio_CoD

Banned
koam said:
Is the game hard because its challenging or because the controls are challenging?
Because the game is challenging. The controls are perfect. It's just that you have to be ultra fast and precise.

GaimeGuy

demi said:
Mainly the controls.

DRAW A CIRCLE

BZZT

DRAW A CIRCLE

BZZT

NOW DO A ZIGZAG

BZZT

DO A ZIGZAG

BZZT

You just suck.

Didn't I tell you to try drawing a C, and not a circle?

Shit, I have fucking TREMORS with fine motor skills, as well as a mild case of cerebral palsy, and even I was able to beat TC. Mission 3-6 gave me some trouble, though.

VALIS

demi said:
Mainly the controls.

DRAW A CIRCLE

BZZT

DRAW A CIRCLE

BZZT

NOW DO A ZIGZAG

BZZT

DO A ZIGZAG

BZZT

:lol

Okay, here's Phoenix Wright...

Witness: Blahblahblahblah
Phoenix: OBJECTION!
Judge: Objection to what? Overruled.
Witness: I... uh...uh... (oh no! I think he's onto me!)

demi

Does the game say draw a C?

Why would I draw a C when the instructions state [draw a circle].

VALIS said:
Witness: I... uh...uh... (oh no! I think he's onto me!)

HOLD IT!

That's not all it is, and you know it!

DCX

DCX
demi said:
And thus once again, I am correct.

Average and unresponsive.

I rest my case, your honor.
Wrong game, but yet your honor has been restored :D With this sword, i dub thee... Sir Demi the Great, who's impression from here so forth shall be recognized by the higher courts of GAF land as law.

DCX

papercut

Date of Lies said:
making sense in every post should be in the TOS

It's no less random than your avatar. Which is very, very random. And somewhat freaky. But more random. Not a bad kind of random, per se. More of a...freaky kind of random.

jgkspsx

demi said:
VALIS said:
Trauma Center should've received the over the top hype and praise that this forum bestowed on that one trick pony and much less deserving Phoenix Wright.
Not really, since Phoenix Wright is better.
Yeah. Though comparing an arcade game to an adventure game is a bit odd.

Also, Phoenix Wright just didn't make it into non-gaming stores.

It was an awesome game up until I got to the second type of virus
the triangle puzzle virus, the second time you encounter it and it's airborne
. I was loving the game up until that, then I just got too frustrated.

edit: I agree with Pheonix Wright being much better overall.

daemonic

Banned
My favourite DS game to date. I bought it blindly and was totally surprised at how great it is. Some of the later surgeries are just insane. It's pretty challenging, and I always find myself going back to it to improve my scores.

Top Bottom