• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manor Lords |Early Access OT| Good manors are made up of peasant sacrifices

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Finally beat a lord and took some land. But I thought I would gain favor and influence. I got none.
You only get influence by winning battles and with the tithe mechanic via your taxes panel. You did get the land, though! :messenger_smiling_horns:

I caved in and bought it. Playing it without combat to get a feeling for how the game works.
About 5 years in. Somehow managed to trade all my wheat and smash all my berries into dye just as winter set in. Mass starvation erupted but my little people harvested the fields in Dec-Jan, built a 2nd mill and pumped out just enough grain and bread so no one died. It was nail biting and I loved it.

The "easiest" way to get early food is to start in a region with rich animals, and then spec two points into the "trapping" and then "double meat" development talents. Rush your manor and set the first policy - the one that doubles the rate of animal reproduction. Congratulations you have infinite food.

You can also get a ton of berries, even on a normal berry patch, by flooding it with foragers for the spring and summer months. The berry regen is super fast, and you can get hundreds of berries per season with this method. When I have the manpower to sustain it, I have 2 foraging huts and 8 workers set to forage during spring and summer, with a staffed granary next to them that is set to only accept berries.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
If anyone's having trouble navigating villager happiness and marketplace stock, I think this is the most effective way to do it -

Keep as much of your production buildings and granary/storerooms as close to the marketplace as you can. Trade building too.

Only have one marketplace, and increase its size as your town grows.

Designate a marketplace area with roads (a space that's big enough to hold 40 or so stalls), and for your first marketplace, make one that only has 3 stalls in it. When your town grows big enough so that those 3 stalls can't fulfill everyone (usually around 30-40 families), demolish the entire marketplace and remake it in the empty space with 6 stalls. Repeat as your town scales up.

If a food production person creates a market stall, change that family to work at a granary instead. If a firewood production person creates a market stall, change that family to work at a storeroom instead. If a clothing production person creates a market stall, change that family to work at a storeroom instead. Ideally you want market stalls to be staffed by storage workers, not production workers, since they have an easier time refilling the market stalls.

If you ever have problems with your marketplace, just delete it and remake it bigger.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Keep as much of your production buildings and granary/storerooms as close to the marketplace as you can. Trade building too.

To elaborate on this, the biggest bottleneck isn't the ability for houses to get marketplace goods, it's the ability for the marketplace to be stocked in the first place. I think it's unintuitive because most people at first thought would try to optimize the marketplace by making them in range of houses. Marketplaces in fact, have infinite range, so houses don't even have to be close to them to get the benefit. However, if the market stall is not properly refilled in a timely manner, the houses will suffer. Like G did.

If a food production person creates a market stall, change that family to work at a granary instead.

This is how you do this - click on the production building. Click "people". The worker with a market stall should have a market stall icon attached. Click on the icon that looks like a recycle symbol to reassign that worker, and then click again on the relevant storage building that is close to a marketplace.

Top Bottom