• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there a chance for MS to do day1 gamepass for this upcoming call of duty game?

kingfey

Banned
With MS in the process of completing activision purchase, is there any slim chance, MS might get day1 M2W this year?

What would the reaction be, if they do it during their showcase?

Jaybe

For this year… Probably depends if there is a PlayStation marketing deal in place or not, as I would be surprised if those would allow any game pass inclusion for some period of time.

Lupin25

None.

Sony would have a marketing deal in place and the acquisition is going to take some months to finalize (if it actually does).

Warzone 2 is what fans are most concerned with anyways and that will be free to boot.

kingfey

Banned
My chances of playing it remain the same. Zero.
Try the MP at least. Its really good, if you are a competitive person.
I hated call of duty franchise for some reason. But once i tried their MP, it felt good. I didnt feel that way, when i played infinite MP mode.

Varteras

Gold Member
Not very likely. The deal isn't expected to close until June 2023. Considering Activision already has commitments to Sony through that year, I wouldn't even expect next year's Call of Duty to be on GamePass Day 1, unless it's true that the mainline series is skipping 2023. Either way, you're probably looking at 2024 before Call of Duty is Day 1 on GamePass. There is also a slim possibility that whatever Call of Duty was supposed to come out in 2023 may still be under some kind of agreement with Sony even if it gets delayed.

WTF is a marketing deal anyway it not a exclsuive deal so i don't see why this is not possible
There are sometimes more to "marketing deals" than just simple advertisement. It was revealed in Sony's marketing deal with Capcom for Resident Evil Village that Capcom was not allowed to put the game on GamePass.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Try the MP at least. Its really good, if you are a competitive person.
I hated call of duty franchise for some reason. But once i tried their MP, it felt good. I didnt feel that way, when i played infinite MP mode.
The last good online part was modern warfare 2019.

Playing mwr on xbox arm. There's still enough players around and it's not a twitch fest like the modern cod.

Also I don't care about buying the game each year and getting a reset.
WTF is a marketing deal anyway it not a exclsuive deal so i don't see why this is not possible
Some people just hope other people could have some joy.

People are believing that Sony did a specific rule about cod not coming to GP for some odd reason.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
The deal isn't expected to close until June 2023

People don't understand what that means. It means that's the absolute latest it could close. Bethesda closed earlier than its latest date. Hell this could close by October or November, then COD will launch day 1 on GP.

Varteras

Gold Member
People don't understand what that means. It means that's the absolute latest it could close. Bethesda closed earlier than its latest date. Hell this could close by October or November, then COD will launch day 1 on GP.
Either way, Sony and Activision have commitments regarding Call of Duty that lasts through 2023. A lot of people are expecting the deal to take the maximum amount of time due to the various lawsuits and the FTC diving into the deal because Biden is trying to look like he has a huge dick.

kyliethicc

Read the Capcom leaks. See the terms of Sony’s marketing deal with Capcom for RE Village.

HnAGg0j.jpg

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Either way, Sony and Activision have commitments regarding Call of Duty that lasts through 2023.

It's a marketing deal. COD on PS5 will still get the additional weapon loadouts and 2X weapon xp for PS+ users. Being on Gamepass doesn't prevent that.

A lot of people are expecting the deal to take the maximum amount of time due to the various lawsuits and the FTC diving into the deal because Biden is trying to look like he has a huge dick.

The lawsuits are meaningless (look at Hoeg Law) and anyone thinking the FTC is going to stop this is living in the land of make believe.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
It's a marketing deal. COD on PS5 will still get the additional weapon loadouts and 2X weapon xp for PS+ users. Being on Gamepass doesn't prevent that.
As I pointed out, Sony had a "marketing deal" with Capcom that included not putting RE Village on GamePass

Varteras

Gold Member

The lawsuits are meaningless (look at Hoeg Law) and anyone thinking the FTC is going to stop this is living in the land of make believe.
At no point did I say it would be stopped. It's likely going to be drug out for awhile because of the lawsuits and the FTC.

Read the Capcom leaks. See the terms of Sony’s marketing deal with Capcom for RE Village.

That might be a game to game thing where some game have that in writing wile other have nothing
but anyways Sony gone to Market MS owned game wile keeping it off of MS owned Service
seem like a waste of money to me if i were Sony i cancel that marketing deal ASAP

Top Bottom