• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is my PS5 fucked?

Gamerguy84

Try everything. I once sent in a ps5 special edition that got cracked open and nothing was wrong. The only problem was I was sending hdr video through a psvr and it didn't like it. Console was fine.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
looks like a cache issue acc to that reddit post , your ps5 is safe.......................

r6r9x.jpg

sorry ps5 haters

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

is OP still alive?

try this dude

How to clear the PS5 cache
  1. Turn off your PS5. It should be fully turned off, not in Rest Mode.
  2. Hold the power button on the PS5 until you hear a second beep. ...
  3. Connect your controller using the USB cable.
  4. Press the PS Button on the controller.
  5. Use the D-pad to navigate down to “5. ...
  6. Choose “1. ...
  7. Select “OK.”

Banjo64

cumsessed
is OP still alive?

try this dude

How to clear the PS5 cache
  1. Turn off your PS5. It should be fully turned off, not in Rest Mode.
  2. Hold the power button on the PS5 until you hear a second beep. ...
  3. Connect your controller using the USB cable.
  4. Press the PS Button on the controller.
  5. Use the D-pad to navigate down to “5. ...
  6. Choose “1. ...
  7. Select “OK.”
Been out watching City dick united today - will try all of this advice tomorrow when I’m supposed to be working (sorry Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem )

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm personally more interested in why anyone would think it's normal for this kind of artifacting to be caused by a bad cache.
Ask From, they developed the game. As for corrupted cache, it’s been a “normal” thing since the beginning of cached software time. And most common software issues are resolved by clearing the cache, wether it be individual apps, or OS level.

Last edited:

Filben

that is weird...
European Directive 1999/44/EC says all EU countries have to ensure a retailer could be held liable for all "non-conformities" which manifest within two years from delivery.
Thing is, here in Germany at least and for consumer products, after 12 months (6 months before 2022) you got to present evidence that there was already an issue with the product when you bought it (it is assumed that if something goes faulty within the first year there already had been an issue when the good was delivered unless it is an issue that is typical and/or by wear or in any other natural way to the good). To proof this, it is usually not practical without (expensive) assessment and in most cases not viable for the consumer.

Since 2022 this reprieve was increased from six to twelve months, so the first year the retailer/seller has the burden of proof and because it is for them just as difficult to proof that there was not any issue when they sold it, you typically have a replacement covered.

This law, however, follows the sales contract with the immediate selling party, so you would have to deal with the person/company that sold the console to you and you can't go to Sony directly (unless you bought it directly from them, of course).

So, in theory, there is a two years period, but practically it's hard to go through with it after reversal of the burden of proof after 12 months.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Ask From, they developed the game. As for corrupted cache, it’s been a “normal” thing since the beginning of cached software time. And most common software issues are resolved by clearing the cache, wether it be individual apps, or OS level.
Caching errors are not the cause of the most common software issues. The most common cause of software issues are software defects not identified during the testing process. Clearing cache does not resolve software issues. It may temporarily rectify the error condition that triggers the bug, but if you don't fix the bugs in your software the cache will just become corrupted again at some point.

Having to clear cache is not normal. It's sometimes necessary for buggy software to make it work again, but corrupt storage is definitely not normal.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Caching errors are not the cause of the most common software issues. The most common cause of software issues are software defects not identified during the testing process. Clearing cache does not resolve software issues. It may temporarily rectify the error condition that triggers the bug, but if you don't fix the bugs in your software the cache will just become corrupted again at some point.

Having to clear cache is not normal. It's sometimes necessary for buggy software to make it work again, but corrupt storage is definitely not normal.
Jonah Hill Ok GIF

Banjo64

cumsessed
Update, clearing the cache seemed to rid me of the issues - I played for 3 hours before no problem.

Then started again a few hours later (right now) and the issues started again.

Sorry for my shitty ability to not link imgur correctly, but if this was a GPU issue would I be able to see through the artefact like this? Or does this suggest it’s just an Elden Ring issue?

Bojji

Update, clearing the cache seemed to rid me of the issues - I played for 3 hours before no problem.

Sorry for my shitty ability to not link imgur correctly, but if this was a GPU issue would I be able to see through the artefact like this? Or does this suggest it’s just an Elden Ring issue?

Good question, artifacts looks mostly like this:

Forsete

Gold Member

Looks like a graphics bug in the game itself.

GHG

Play another game (go for something that should push the system hard) for a couple of hours to see if you can reproduce the issue. If not then it's most likely a strange bug isolated to Elden Ring.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I cant believe This thread is going for this long and he didnt test any new games ....
I’m a bit of a freak to be honest :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I start a game, platinum it, start another, platinum it.

I don’t play any online games on PS, so my options are either play 2 or 3 hours of Horizon FW, pause it, then resume Elden Ring or download an old game that I’ve already platted like God of War and waste time for hours.

Those seem like pipeline artifacts.

Tends to happen with some GPU's when they get hot. It's a defect, basically they might function properly at first but then don't.

Last edited:
Top Bottom