• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is it worth playing sekiro with cheats ?

Knightime_X

Some people can enjoy a game simply by playing it.
Others absolutely need to be heavily challenged to experience any kind of fun.

As with any game, go with whatever you find satisfactory and worry not how others want you to play.
There's always a balance between having fun and ruining it for yourself.

Last edited:

Success

Don't listen to the other OP.

Using cheats with Sekiro will still make it a damn fun game.

Other people telling you differently are too stuck in their old ways.

They have struggled and they wish to afflict this same struggle onto you through some perverse sense of "I am just being helpful :)"

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The only person who will give a fuck you did it that way is you. If you’ve already been cheesing and using co op in souls games then go ahead— you were never really beating these games. You were just there for the ride while someone did all the real work for you.

If you’ve beaten the others without co op, summons etc then spend time getting your ass beat and get good. Or don’t. Who cares ? Just don’t go around bragging you beat the game without issues since you’d be a lying pussy ass bitch.

cireza

I would recommend playing something else, overcoming the difficulty is part of the satisfaction. It might become a bit bland if you cheat. But you can still give it a try and see how you like it.

Comandr

Why is the "git gud" not an option here? If he's already struggling with the bull then IMO it's a clear sign he's not grasping the fighting mechanics well and some pointers from other players/videos might fix it for him.
Conversely, why can’t he just play the game the way he wants to? It’s a single player game. Who cares. Why does he have to conform to some societal expectation to “git gud?” Like who gives a shit.

simpatico

It's really one of those things. When you figure it out, you'll be 5x better at the game instantly. You just have to find that click. It's not a gradual process. A literal "oh shit" moment. Like you, I was fine at other Souls games and getting my shit pushed in in Sekiro. Then one session I just figured it out and went through most of the game with no real problems.

-Zelda-

Banned
i finished all the souls games but i sekiro i just cant because its too damn hard , i was never good at parry in any game but the story seems interesting to me

so im thinking of just using a cheat for infinite health or something like that to finish the story

should i do it ?
Man, asking this question makes me really miss gameshark and action replay. I gave up on the soulsborne and copycats a long time ago because the stress is just too real and not worth it, despite me liking the lore and atmosphere of the locations in these games.

Justin9mm

Well if it's a choice of use cheats or not experiencing it at all then use cheats. I can't do Returnal, I've literally died in the 100s even with the save glitch cheat and I gave up because I just can't get gud and I loved it. If it had cheats, I would use them so I can experience the whole game.

Sekiro mostly lives of the achievements upon victory over your enemies.
Taking that away by cheating is like giving yourself all Pokémon and all Bagdes at the start of a Pokémon game.
Actually, in one of the OG Pokemon games, if you cheated, your levels were capped or something right? You could only reach your highest potential if you started from zero.

kubricks

I don't know how to explain, but Sekiro is not that hard once you know the parrying rythum.

You can cheat if you want, but bear in mind that the game is all about the parrying, the story is just an excuse.

Just a quick tip, instead of spam tapping block to parry, try to press and hold the block button for 1/2 seconds when attempting any parry, the parry window increase by quite a bit if you do that.

Also, if you are struggling on a certain boss, try turn the background music off. The intensity of the fight will go down by quite a lot and you will start to see their moves. It works for me.

Bry0

Wo long made me much better at sekiro. I’d say it’s your game though so if you want to cheat go ahead, but I think that will be a little boring. At the end of the day it’s about fun, and if you aren’t having fun just take a break from the game.

Last edited:

Yoda

it does have the "most" story for any souls game, but it's still rather light. If you don't enjoy it's flavor of gameplay I suspect it'd get boring.

peronmls

It's even worse when you stop for a while and try to jump back in. You forget all the mechanics besides the parring.

93xfan

Banned
I would just cheat and then come here and brag about how easy the game was for you and that the cheats barely helped, if at all.

Any criticism is jealousy, so make sure you’re diligent about calling it out. But also try and offer to give a few pointers to the envious person.

If there’s one thing fans of this genre are, it’s open and accepting, so I expect it to go well. I’ll be here with my popcorn.

Last edited:

Real-HipHopGamer

Neo Member
i finished all the souls games but i sekiro i just cant because its too damn hard , i was never good at parry in any game but the story seems interesting to me

so im thinking of just using a cheat for infinite health or something like that to finish the story

should i do it ?
Use Cheat Codes Bro Get PLITCH games are more fun that way anyway. Also do what you wanna do the way you play it doesn't affect anyone else it's your experience since when you need permission to play your games the way you wanna play them.

give it a shot it's alot more fun, i use it on dead island 2, star wars jedi survivor infinite health, skill points, stamina, all that is crazy fun and less annoying making games more enjoyable than upsetting

Filben

If not cheating stops you from having fun at all, go ahead. You still see a lot of cool locations, and compared to any other Souls game finally some scripted character interaction.

I'd recommend to only cheat on bosses that seem impossible for let's say more than two hours for you. If you can't beat that one in two hours, go ahead, enable them, and disable them again afterwards.

I don't know what cheats there are, maybe they are less intrusive one, like reducing damage taken by 33% or so instead of straight god mode, so you still get some challenge.

Games like Hades or Darkest Dungeon 2 or FTL have mechanics or lighter difficulty levels and they still feel rewarding and challenging.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
OP, you own the game and you're asking others if it's okay to try something to help you enjoy a game you currently can't beat?

Just do it. No permission, just stand on your own two feet and try it. If you want to use mods, use mods. If you eventually decide you want to remove the mods, remove the mods.

The more I think about it, the more annoying the question is. I'd be happier if this were a troll thread to bait From fanboys.

OP; I don't see the point.

Mastering the combat is what the game is about. I was struggling with particular boss:
Genichiro Ashina

I just kept trying and eventually I got good at the game. As many have already posted that once you figure out the deflecting, mikiri counter and jumping then it all just "makes sense".

Sekiro probably is my favorite From game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom