• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is it worth playing sekiro with cheats ?

samoilaaa

i finished all the souls games but i sekiro i just cant because its too damn hard , i was never good at parry in any game but the story seems interesting to me

so im thinking of just using a cheat for infinite health or something like that to finish the story

should i do it ?

SeraphJan

Sekiro is a mechanic driven game, although it had a pretty decent story, that was never its focus, you are missing a huge part if you just play it for the story. In this context I would say its not worth it

Try to get use to different mechanic such as overhead stomp, Mikiru counter, dodging, use of gadget, all of them will help, not just parry.

When you are attacking, try to see if your attack was blocked or parried by the opponent, your next move should act accordingly depend on this, I rarely see this talked about, but its very important for mastering this game.

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

Its a sigle-player game, go ahead. There is a bunch of "deflect" mods on the nexus site, might be closer to what you want.
I wouldnt bother playing it primarily for the story though, there are way better picks for that out there.

Last edited:

Kabelly

i reached some bull on fire and i just cant do anything to it , i never had this problem with any souls game
EVERYTHING except the red symbol attacks and even thrusts can be parried if timed properly.

Sekiro is literally one of the strongest characters gameplay wise and you wanna cheat on him smh.

edit: and you mention souls. i guarantee you're probably playing it like a souls game not utilizing your lack of stamina meter. Sekiro can RUN infinitely. It helps with moving around the bull.

Last edited:
No. If you have to cheat then it's not worth playing.

Parrying in Sekiro is piss easy. You can literally spam the guard/block move to stop enemy hits. You don't need good timing at all and of all the "souls" game it is the easiest to parry in. If you block and land enough hits it will fill the posture meter allowing you to get a death blow on the enemy (as some enemies have 2-3 health bars).

Parrying is the least of your worries in Sekiro. Enemies are in your face and you shouldn't be parrying too much (because your posture will break). You need to be in the face of the enemies. It's a more aggressive game like Bloodborne (because you have no shield. Parrying in Bloodborne requires more precise timing) than a dodge/roll/guard/parry game like Souls.

I can parry for fun in Sekiro. Bloodborne I can do it but it takes some time to get it down. And after all these years I still suck at Souls parrying.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

I would look at how "good" players do the fight legit on YT if you keep hitting a wall but are determined to get past it.

Also you can get pretty far with just spamming block till it's your time to attack to get through fights.

GymWolf

Not really.

But locations and enemies\bosses are so visually good that i understand the desire to see em even if you are trash with action games.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Do it i had a blast fucking over alle the bosses in elden rings with cheats..
Who is the bitch now game 🤣

Last edited:

Wildebeest

If you already have it, you might as well mod it and play it until you get bored. Not all game mechanics appeal to all people equally, and I'm the opposite of the sort of person who thinks you have to play games as the devs intended and never use mods.

Last edited:
Eh, sure. Not like anyone is gonna call the police on you.

If you're one of those people who beat Souls games by farming until your HP bar is a mile long you're obviously going to run into issues in this game.

Bartski

Gold Member
jssOhJv.jpg

i reached some bull on fire and i just cant do anything to it , i never had this problem with any souls game
If you're stuck on that bull... might as well switch games lol

As other said, watch some different players run through a few bosses and snippets of playthroughs on youtube and see if it makes sense. You can't play it like a souls, at all. It's all about timing the defense, so observe the patterns and just deflect their moves over and over again. Once it clicks it's just fantastic.

Reactions: GHG

Comandr

I'm going to go against the grain here. If you're struggling with Sekiro and the decision comes to

1) never play it again because whatever reason
or
2) Play it with cheats

You might as well play it. These tryhard git gud guys out here can scream into the abyss all they want, but ultimately, games are meant to be played. How you choose to play your single player game is up to you. No amount of internet dick waving will change how you enjoy the game.

Maybe having infinite health for instance will give you more of an opportunity to learn the patterns and you'll get better at the game by sheer virtue of not having to feel like you're up against a wall every two seconds.

Ulysses 31

I'm going to go against the grain here. If you're struggling with Sekiro and the decision comes to

1) never play it again because whatever reason
or
2) Play it with cheats

You might as well play it. These tryhard git gud guys out here can scream into the abyss all they want, but ultimately, games are meant to be played. How you choose to play your single player game is up to you. No amount of internet dick waving will change how you enjoy the game.

Maybe having infinite health for instance will give you more of an opportunity to learn the patterns and you'll get better at the game by sheer virtue of not having to feel like you're up against a wall every two seconds.
Why is the "git gud" not an option here? If he's already struggling with the bull then IMO it's a clear sign he's not grasping the fighting mechanics well and some pointers from other players/videos might fix it for him.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
i finished all the souls games but i sekiro i just cant because its too damn hard , i was never good at parry in any game but the story seems interesting to me

so im thinking of just using a cheat for infinite health or something like that to finish the story

should i do it ?
How? I mean I struggled with every Souls game i’ve played and I couldn’t finish any of the 5 i’ve played with the last being Elden Ring, but Sekiro was easy. It is a rhythm game. When you get the parry down you can basically play it blindfolded.

iHaunter

Sekiro is the worst game they've ever produced. I don't think it's worth finishing. I stopped halfway through. It's very easy to cheese in.

Has it ever occurred to you that YouTube exists and you can go type in "Sekiro 0 Hit Bull Fight" or even "sekiro bull fight guide" and try to learn from that way? Lol.

It's a joke or a fight -

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

should i do it ?

No

But do study this guy's explanations for all bosses.

DO NOT CHEESE - VERY IMPORTANT - You'll learn nothing by cheesing. I tried to cheese my way through on first play and hit a wall eventually where the "git gud" meme became all too real but for the life of me i couldn't get past the Father Owl at the castle. Gave up a few weeks and when i came back it was a disaster.
On 2nd run i didn't cheese a single encounter and followed this guys' tutorials and got through ALL bosses in the game to completion.

See my post a few months ago

Getting good at Sekiro isn’t just about learning the mechanics but about developing a certain mindset - so I say no, stick with it.

Put it down for a few months. Pick it back up with you’ve decided you’re going to smash it.

i really am not , i cant fucking do it , i finished bloodborne , elden ring and dark souls series pretty easy after i farmed but this game is imposible
Stop trying to play it like those games. It has nothing in common with them.

Sekiro = get in their face and press the attack until they deflect. Then you deflect until you can bang out a parry. Even if it feels as though you aren’t hurting them, keep the attack up. There is no room for passivity.

hemo memo

Gold Member
i really am not , i cant fucking do it , i finished bloodborne , elden ring and dark souls series pretty easy after i farmed but this game is imposible
Sekiro by far the easiest. If I can be good at it i’m sure you can. Again, it is the rhythm. Less focus on bosses health bar and more focus on breaking that posture and going for the deathblow.

Saber

Gold Member
At this point would be better to just watch someone play the game on youtube, connect your controller and pretend you're playing. Sorry that you can't play, but some games are not for everyone and theres no shame in it. But using cheats destroys the entire purpose of beating a game.

radewagon

I would look at how "good" players do the fight legit on YT if you keep hitting a wall but are determined to get past it.

Also you can get pretty far with just spamming block till it's your time to attack to get through fights.
100% this. Sekiro is a very fair game with a wealth of combat options and there are definitely easier ways of doing things than what you might originally think of. Better weapon loadouts, better tactics, better use of the environment. All of this can be learned by watching better players on youtube. I had a very hard time with the game, but seeing alternative methods of defeating a boss PLUS being generally good at the game's mechanics always worked.

keefged4

Absolutely not, you are doing yourselve a disservice if you don't play it properly, I wish I could go back and go through it all again blind. When it "clicks" it really clicks. Best From game.

samoilaaa

I am assuming you've used cheats too beat them. Sekiro really isn't that hard lol.
havnt used a single cheat for the other ones , the only game i ever used cheat for was assassins creed valhala and odyssey because i didnt wanna farm , it was to boring , so i added tons of exp to do the main story only

havnt used a single cheat for the other ones , the only game i ever used cheat for was assassins creed valhala and odyssey because i didnt wanna farm , it was to boring , so i added tons of exp to do the main story only
So let me get this straight - you cheated in Valhalla because it was boring so you've decided to artificially get extra xp just to finish the story? You realize the game story mode settings where everything is piss easy right? Why would you also play something in the first place if you find the game boring?

Last edited:

twinspectre

"Story" play it for its gameplay, this is videogames not movies.
This medium has lost all its meaning, thanks to the movies fans.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
yes. f the difficulty spikes in sekiro. I have no idea who this game is for. I've finished it but it was not fun with some bosses

liquidzr0

Neo Member
I used cheats but they were things like "don't lose exp when you die," "dragon rot not affecting NPCs," and "automatically collect enemy gold when killed." Didn't use any difficulty mods or invincibility mods. Play how you want. Game is very fun though difficult

Top Bottom