• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Advent Rising the buggiest game this gen?

Slayven

I like the characters, the story, and the game play. But this game has some of the worse bugs i ever seen. It is like the game hates it's own FMVs because nearly everytime it plays one the game locks up, thank god it automatically saves. And also some of the scripted stuff doesn't go off like it should. Are there any games out there worse then this?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
well where do I start? On the xbox version there is a bug that makes it so you can't finish a mission, therefore making it so you can't beat the game.. outside of that there are loads of other issues like being able to walk through walls and other fine programming

qirex

I submit: Crazy Taxi for the PS2. I had it for a week, it never ran for more than 15 minutes without crashing.

Shogun

demi said:
Advent Rising is not the buggiest game, heathen.

retro_boom.thumb.png

Heathen, taste the purifying fire of the Lord!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
gollumsluvslave said:
Don't know about the buggiest - I couldn't get past the abominable frame rate in the weapons tutorial... gave up at that point :lol

That's too bad cause the best game of the year was right past that tutorial.

That's too bad cause the best game of the year was right past that tutorial.

If the framerate was the same as that tutorial then it could have been the best game ever for all It would matter to me - that shit was unplayable

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i really gotta pick up advent. always looked and sounded so great, i love the art, and think i can deal with some bugs. plus, demi likes it :p

i really hope we see the rest of the trilogy. maybe next-gen on ue3 :)

Trojan X

Banned
"Enter the Matrix" and "The Path of Neo" gets my vote. That game has some horrible bugs but I still play it because I am a matrix fan. I'm not surprised because it IS Shiny.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Prince of Persia Warrior Within

The game felt glitchy all the way through (audio glitches were especially bad), but the fact that I hit a bug that prevented me from being able to complete the game especially pissed me off. I know people encountered all sorts of other issues too...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
op_ivy said:
i really gotta pick up advent. always looked and sounded so great, i love the art, and think i can deal with some bugs. plus, demi likes it :p

Hey!! I like it too. Demi isn't the only Advent Rising lover here you know! :D

Sho Nuff

Banned
That clearly goes to Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth for Xbox. I encountered no less than FIVE! game-stopping/crash bugs. Thanks for the QA testing, Bethesda.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
op_ivy said:

If you are going to pick it up, do so on the PC. Trust me. You can mimic the controls of the XBOX game perfectly even...but it looks much better and can run at a solid 60 fps.

While the actual XBOX game spends half of its time well below 20 fps (sometimes below 10). Reminded me of playing Quake on my 486/66...

Top Bottom