• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IOS Gaming February 2015 | Under New Management

Is Origins considered the best in the series?
They are all pretty great, I almost view them as one game that just gets expansions.

The first game has a different level-up mechanic than the 2nd and 3rd. You level up you hero on a level by level basis starting at level 1 and your hero levels up by killing enemies, so there's a good risk/reward by putting your hero more in harms way to build them up. In Frontier and Origins you permanently level up your character, which I like, but it's kinda limited (not much stuff to upgrade and only 3 points of upgrade I think.

The second game (frontier) added paths that open up during levels that vary things up (it can screw you the first time you play a level though), and added level specific mechanics like pirates you can hire to shoot the enemies.

Origins expands on the mid-level path changes, but I think it does it better than Frontier. it also adds another action ability for your hero character which I was happy about. Basically it's a character specific special move that has a cooldown, similar to how the fireball ability works.

They get great support too. The first game just recently got an update which included a few new levels.

okno

I still can't find it. I did buy Rules. I really need to start playing some of these games I keep buying. lol

You have to search in the app store for "Ones! by Magic Cube" to find it. Super weird, but I remember the same thing happened when Rules! first came out.

awp69

Those painkillers already hitting you? ;)

TBH, I've been on painkillers for the last three or four months. But I'm assuming I'll be getting the really "good stuff" following my surgery.

So if for some reason I come back here too early and have some seriously demented posts, please ignore them. ;)

Ugh...they just upped our snow storm to 6-10 inches. Going to be real fun driving 20 miles to the hospital in this crap.

Anyone have any good, easy to pick up multiplayer game suggestions? Been playing Trivia Crack with a few people at work, but wanted something else to be able to throw into the mix.

KingKong

I dont get the hype behind Alto's Adventure, it seems like every other kind of endless runner with slightly nicer graphics

New SHMUP to check out. It's GAFfer-made

Infinite Cosmos
https://appsto.re/us/WH9n4.i
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPzIF7wM43U
phone1.png
tab2.png

okno

ParityBit

I was thinking of getting one of the Dragon Quests for my iPad. Which is generally thought to be the best port? If any. I played the original to death as a kid and the nostalgia just kinda hit me.

colinp

Banned
I was thinking of getting one of the Dragon Quests for my iPad. Which is generally thought to be the best port? If any. I played the original to death as a kid and the nostalgia just kinda hit me.

3 4 and 5 are the best ports.

4 and 5 are the deepest story wise. Can't go wrong with either of them I'd say.

How do you actually use the wing suit in altos adventure?

I've finally bought the suit but 4 runs after the fact I've never seen a prompt to use it.... Long scarf and all. Do I have to equip/enable it somehow?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
How do you actually use the wing suit in altos adventure?

I've finally bought the suit but 4 runs after the fact I've never seen a prompt to use it.... Long scarf and all. Do I have to equip/enable it somehow?

You need to do sufficiently good combos for it to trigger, at which point you get a button on the left that you press to use it.

Alchemy

So, I'm looking for more iOS gaming like Ridiculous Fishing but having problems finding something. I just want a simple, short play time game I can play to kill a few minutes, that isn't dripping in F2P trappings. RF was fantastic, had gameplay progression and was beatable. Need to find more games like that.

So, I'm looking for more iOS gaming like Ridiculous Fishing but having problems finding something. I just want a simple, short play time game I can play to kill a few minutes, that isn't dripping in F2P trappings. RF was fantastic, had gameplay progression and was beatable. Need to find more games like that.
Have you played Knightmare Tower? Fits the criteria

killercow

Game was always coming to mobile, Devolver picked it up so now it's also coming to PC

Hopefully this opens the door for future Devolver releases on mobile. I pray every night to the lords of IOS gaming that Broforce comes to iPad eventually

That would be great! Wouldn't mind Hotline Miami with MFi support too.

This is probably old but I am hooked on Trouble With Robots. Its kind of a defense game, mixed with a deck builder and pretty good.

Its also free.

Ha, so anyone here watch House of Cards? Frank was playing a certain popular mobile game and it even was mentioned as a plot point

Monument Valley

RustyO

This is probably old but I am hooked on Trouble With Robots. Its kind of a defense game, mixed with a deck builder and pretty good.

Its also free.

I'll countersign on Trouble With Robots. Nifty game that I've really been caning a fair bit over the last couple of months. Definitely worth checking out imho.

dock

I'm taking a flight tomorrow morning! 13+ hours travelling. I'm taking my Vita too, but any recommendations for iPad games?

I'm taking a flight tomorrow morning! 13+ hours travelling. I'm taking my Vita too, but any recommendations for iPad games?
FTL, SpaceChem, Banner Saga

English Country Tune is an abstract challenging puzzler that'll twist your brain for hours

Dark Echo is a solid 6+ hours of minimalist horror/stealth/puzzle gameplay

Brogue is an awesome free roguelike

Top Bottom