• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IOS Gaming February 2015 | Under New Management

awp69

So what's the verdict on Alto's Adventure?
I'm not a fan of endless runners but I like Tiny Wings and Ski Safari, and I like games that put inside the game evident competition with you Gamecenter friends (like Fruit Ninja or Threes).
The graphics seems lovely.

I don't have it but what I read about it made it sound similar to Ski Safari but clearly with a more artistic touch.

colinp

Banned
So what's the verdict on Alto's Adventure?
I'm not a fan of endless runners but I like Tiny Wings and Ski Safari, and I like games that put inside the game evident competition with you Gamecenter friends (like Fruit Ninja or Threes).
The graphics seems lovely.

It IS lovely, and I always get a Tiny Wings vibe when I play (never played Ski Safari).

I think it's definitely worth the purchase.

JCho133

Gosh, Alto's Adventure makes for some awesome moments.

An Elder was literally an inch behind me, and I barely picked up the Hover powerup to get a little bit of speed ahead of him, then went into a slo-mo backflip over a chasm, picked up a magnet in the center of a big sphere of coins over the chasm, then all the coins got sucked in, and I finished my slo mo backflip and left the Elder in the dust.

It was amazing. Wish this game had Everyplay.

Gosh, Alto's Adventure makes for some awesome moments.

An Elder was literally an inch behind me, and I barely picked up the Hover powerup to get a little bit of speed ahead of him, then went into a slo-mo backflip over a chasm, picked up a magnet in the center of a big sphere of coins over the chasm, then all the coins got sucked in, and I finished my slo mo backflip and left the Elder in the dust.

It was amazing. Wish this game had Everyplay.
I keep messing up the chasm jumps. Can't seem to get the timing down.

PittaGAF

I can play for hours Ski Safari and reach 10th island in Tiny Wings, but boys I really suck at Alto.
Can't put it down tough.

JCho133

Fun game, but it's quite short. This is like The Order of iOS games. Four levels and then the boss. Also, there are only 8 heroes total. Still, neat game with an interesting mechanic. I think they could've done a bit more with it.

Could've sworn I read 20 heroes... I even double checked before posting. But now I read its 8. Wtf? Damn.

Still want it tho

SeanR1221

Fun game, but it's quite short. This is like The Order of iOS games. Four levels and then the boss. Also, there are only 8 heroes total. Still, neat game with an interesting mechanic. I think they could've done a bit more with it.

I have that on my wish list. Glad to hear it's good

RM8

Cursed Treasure 2 is free for a limited time. I just played the first 5 levels and this is officially the first non-Kingdom Rush TD game I have enjoyed. Pretty fun game! Nice to see the genre doesn't consist of only one series, lol. It's from Armor Games, so I guess it's unsurprising that it's good.

Nyx

Cursed Treasure 2 is free for a limited time. I just played the first 5 levels and this is officially the first non-Kingdom Rush TD game I have enjoyed. Pretty fun game! Nice to see the genre doesn't consist of only one series, lol. It's from Armor Games, so I guess it's unsurprising that it's good.

Yeah it definitely is a fun TD game, one of the best.

PittaGAF

Wow.
Some scenes is Alto's Adventure are truly breathtaking.

Like when after a thunderstorm the sun rises and everything is bathed in the morning light, with light rays embracing the whole forest, such a wonderful scenery to look at.

Meanwhile you stumble on a rock or a elder hit you in the back

colinp

Banned
Wow.
Some scenes is Alto's Adventure are truly breathtaking.

Like when after a thunderstorm the sun rises and everything is bathed in the morning light, with light rays embracing the whole forest, such a wonderful scenery to look at.

Meanwhile you stumble on a rock or a elder hit you in the back

Hahaha, yes! Exactly! I love it. What a great game.

PittaGAF

Hahaha, yes! Exactly! I love it. What a great game.

Yeah I'm surprised by myself seeing how much I like it, generally not a real fan.
But I can't put it down.
It requires some serious skill too, each character is really different and the various objectives provide a lot of variety.

I really hope when you unlock everything etc... (IE: never) they explain a bit more this weird world...would be cool.

Like what's the problem with those fucking elders (very tense sometimes).

I have some issues activating the power suit...what do you have to do exactly?
I've used it a couple of times, pressing the white button on the left...but I've never been able to replicate it anymore...sometimes I see a BLACK button tough.
This is even with a super long scarf.

Also, maybe it's just me not understanding him but Paz sucks.
I've used him just for the achievement and I've switched back to the Maia and her awesome backflips.
Am I doing it wrong?

colinp

Banned
You're farther than me so I have noooooo idea! I'm still at level 7 or 8...

I thought I was over endless runners, too. Just goes to show, eh?

PittaGAF

Do trick combos to activate the wing suit.

Im on level 20 now. Screw x2 triple backflip in a run. :p

I'm level 21, but my score is much lower than yours.
Been on that achievement all yesterday :D

I think I have a bug then (read something about it on TA).
No matter how many tricks I do, the wing suit doesn't activate anymore.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I'm level 21, but my score is much lower than yours.
Been on that achievement all yesterday :D

I think I have a bug then (read something about it on TA).
No matter how many tricks I do, the wing suit doesn't activate anymore.

Needs to be in the same combo, I think it's 5-6 or more tricks that trigger it (or it might be a combo-point requirement I'm not sure).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
crossy road has painted me into a corner. I have one hidden character to unlock, but apparently I have to get a 'great score' which means within 50 points of my personal high score. But I just got my best score ever (606) so I don't know if I can get close.

Hate when you get things like that - like on console where there are achievements that are best unlocked early in the game, and later on your own activity makes them harder to get.

PittaGAF

Needs to be in the same combo, I think it's 5-6 or more tricks that trigger it (or it might be a combo-point requirement I'm not sure).

I can confirm I have the wing suit bug.
On iPad (where I unlocked it) I can activate it all the time (just did it like 5 times) but on iPhone (synced) it doesn't work.

:(

The dev seems onto it anyway.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I can confirm I have the wing suit bug.
On iPad (where I unlocked it) I can activate it all the time (just did it like 5 times) but on iPhone (synced) it doesn't work.

:(

The dev seems onto it anyway.

Seems iCloud sync in the game is bugged in general. On iPhone where I started playing the game works fine, but the iPad forces the tutorial to be re-run all the time and it gets stuck in an endless loop during the "jump from the wooden ramp into a grind" segment. I racked up a 70,000 meter run on that alone by letting the iPad sit idle. It never ends so it doesn't record the score though. After a force-closure of the game the game stopped loading levels on the iPad as well, the world just ended. I'll post a screen-cap later. :D

Damn Infinteloop!!!!
I should have checked your Alto's Adventure score BEFORE GameCenter friendship!!!! :p

:)

16623483871_0e33f6f09a.jpg

okno

Alto's Adventure is bleedin' glorious.

I seem to pretty consistently die around the 12,000 point mark, though… Got 24,000 once, but for some reason that score wasn't saved :mad:

pdk27

Thanks. I've give it a try while waiting for new KR: Origins levels.

Finally get to check it now. I've seen a lot of praise for it in these threads, but the trailer seems like it was just a standard TD game

RM8

Just be sure to play until the tutorials are done, because it starts pretty simple, and game mechanics are slowly introduced. I liked it a lot, and again, the only TD series I had enjoyed before was Kingdom Rush.

PittaGAF

Alto's Adventure is bleedin' glorious.

I seem to pretty consistently die around the 12,000 point mark, though… Got 24,000 once, but for some reason that score wasn't saved :mad:

Eh...I have most achievements broken :(

Also...as you get 2K points per objective cleared...some runs are more favorable than others.
If you do a nice run and you happen to have 3 'easy' objects to clear, you are pretty much guaranteed to do your best score adding 6K to the total.

I would have left the objectives out of the scoring system personally and used those just to unlock the characters.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anyone else playing Heroes Charge? Just found it, came out a while ago. Just so good.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That's the DOTA 2/Warcraft character ripoff that was just featured in a quick look on Giant bomb right?

Oh, I don't visit giant bomb, but it is indeed a DOTA ripoff (the original is much moreso). I'll have to check it out.

Edit: Just watched it. They seem to like it well enough, but there's so much more to the game that they didn't even touch - PvP, raids, crusades, etc.

mdb

Neo Member
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I posted here but I thought I'd share the first of many upcomming screenshots from the final build of Heroki :)

The game IS finished but we're currently fixing the last bugs and making the game as smooth as possible. More info on its release will follow really soon!

For those who missed it: Heroki is an adventure game with a mixture of games we really love such as Zelda, Mario, DK and Sonic.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Oh, I don't visit giant bomb, but it is indeed a DOTA ripoff (the original is much moreso). I'll have to check it out.

Edit: Just watched it. They seem to like it well enough, but there's so much more to the game that they didn't even touch - PvP, raids, crusades, etc.
Yeah, they didn't catch on to the character rip offs. Brad is the main DOTA fan of their crew.

The game is called DOTA Legend or something along those lines in China too, China just don't care.

The game IS finished but we're currently fixing the last bugs and making the game as smooth as possible. More info on its release will follow really soon!

For those who missed it: Heroki is an adventure game with a mixture of games we really love such as Zelda, Mario, DK and Sonic.

looks good, iap?

Andy C83

Neo Member
HOW?!

I can't get any higher than 32,200!

Have you unlocked the Wingsuit? Learning how to use the suit to chain longer combos is really the key to improving your score. It can also help you to cross the longer chasms where you would usually die, prolonging a run. I'll try to record one of my runs, hopefully that would help. :)

Carton

Like what's the problem with those fucking elders (very tense sometimes).

I have some issues activating the power suit...what do you have to do exactly?
I've used it a couple of times, pressing the white button on the left...but I've never been able to replicate it anymore...sometimes I see a BLACK button tough.
This is even with a super long scarf.

Also, maybe it's just me not understanding him but Paz sucks.
I've used him just for the achievement and I've switched back to the Maia and her awesome backflips.
Am I doing it wrong?

Really enjoying Alto's at the moment too.

I don't think there is much to explain regarding the Elders. I believe it's just a matter of them not appreciating some young whipper snapper leaping over them whilst they sleep and probably shredding snow onto their face; I think that's just cause for their apparent grievance, but they are pretty violent about it.

I agree with you re. Paz. The guy certainly covers ground fast, but i went straight back to Maya and her sweet back flips, even if she does make some chasm jumps rather tense.

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I posted here but I thought I'd share the first of many upcomming screenshots from the final build of Heroki :)

That looks wonderful =)

Just got 134,000 in Alto's Adventure, that's my new best score. :)

Beastly score. I haven't really got the hang of the wing suit yet.

Am I the only one who doesn't find much utility in the hover feathers? Rocks are usually reasonably positioned where i either blast through them following a combo or see them coming pretty easily, whereas hovering has caused me to both miss coins by sailing right over them and be swatted down by an Elder as i hover over a slick ice patch which would otherwise have given me a boost.

Top Bottom