• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IOS Gaming February 2015 | Under New Management

mr_toa

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I posted here but I thought I'd share the first of many upcomming screenshots from the final build of Heroki :)
For those who missed it: Heroki is an adventure game with a mixture of games we really love such as Zelda, Mario, DK and Sonic.

Looks great!

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I posted here but I thought I'd share the first of many upcomming screenshots from the final build of Heroki :)

The game IS finished but we're currently fixing the last bugs and making the game as smooth as possible. More info on its release will follow really soon!

For those who missed it: Heroki is an adventure game with a mixture of games we really love such as Zelda, Mario, DK and Sonic.
Those screenshots on your blog looks sweet but hmm. If you've managed to get that type of gameplay to work well on a touch device, my hats off to you.
I'll definitely try it, at least if it works on iOS 6.

PittaGAF

I agree with you re. Paz. The guy certainly covers ground fast, but i went straight back to Maya and her sweet back flips, even if she does make some chasm jumps rather tense.

Beastly score. I haven't really got the hang of the wing suit yet.

Am I the only one who doesn't find much utility in the hover feathers? Rocks are usually reasonably positioned where i either blast through them following a combo or see them coming pretty easily, whereas hovering has caused me to both miss coins by sailing right over them and be swatted down by an Elder as i hover over a slick ice patch which would otherwise have given me a boost.

I too don't find the feather that useful, but it's mandatory for certain achievements.

Probably the only one in the world, but I'm not seeing the wing suit appeal, besides being cool.
How would it improve the score?
Only thing I can do are super loops or what they are called...I just try to go forward/up the most and then try to do a 3-4 backflip while going down after the effect is over.....generally crushing on the snow.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I too don't find the feather that useful, but it's mandatory for certain achievements.

Probably the only one in the world, but I'm not seeing the wing suit appeal, besides being cool.
How would it improve the score?
Only thing I can do are super loops or what they are called...I just try to go forward/up the most and then try to do a 3-4 backflip while going down after the effect is over.....generally crushing on the snow.

I use it mostly to string together combos between grind spots.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Hey guys,

The game IS finished but we're currently fixing the last bugs and making the game as smooth as possible. More info on its release will follow really soon!

Looks interesting, good stuff.

Side note, found your teaser trailer and I found it amusing that the stated release was "coming int 2012! ..no wait coming in 2013!" and now it's 2015.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Y5MBYr8Ms

(pitfalls of game development, I can relate)

Edit: excuse the double post!

mdb

Neo Member
Looks interesting, good stuff.

Side note, found your teaser trailer and I found it amusing that the stated release was "coming int 2012! ..no wait coming in 2013!" and now it's 2015.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Y5MBYr8Ms

(pitfalls of game development, I can relate)

Edit: excuse the double post!

Yes you're right, but I can answer that pretty quick: We're a small team of 4 people and we've been working on Heroki for the last 4.5 years in our spare time (evening and weekend hours) - and we've build our propietary engine from scratch. When you take that into account, it kinda makes a lot of sense why the development took us so long.

But that doesn't take away the fact that we've miscalculated the release by a mile. Heroki has litterally seen 10 polish iterations (you can check the blogposts for that :)), because we saw the potential growing everyday. I just want to express that in terms of experience, we're aiming for something you'd expect on consoles - at least, that's our aim :)

Having said this, I seriously cannot wait to show you the gameplay footage, because that's where Heroki truly shines.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Looking forward to it.

And don't worry too much about announcing release dates "too early", it happens to the big guys as well as the small ones. :)

Anyone playing or played Pocket Road Trip?

1_pocket_road_trip.jpg

I'm missing exactly 3 cars. Two I'm pretty sure I can get through just playing the game. A level 4 Drag name Dragster, and a level 3 Racing called Fancy.

However there is one "?" car that I can't get. Its a street car that might be a level 4 or 5. I thought I once saw a police car for sale with a gold pack and wonder if that was it and if so, is that the only way to get it?

awp69

Just thought I'd drop by and mention that I'm getting spinal fusion back surgery on Thursday (provided an impending snow storm doesn't cause if to be cancelled). So after tomorrow, I won't likely be on for a while.

Didn't want people to think I just disappeared!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just thought I'd drop by and mention that I'm getting spinal fusion back surgery on Thursday (provided an impending snow storm doesn't cause if to be cancelled). So after tomorrow, I won't likely be on for a while.

Good luck with the surgery, man. Hope the storm doesn't cause trouble.

killercow

Yeah I thought the same thing when I read those. They don't need to rush those reviews. Feels like some minor form of clickbait.

Good luck with the surgery! I hope everything will be okay.

JCho133

Wow, best wishes to you and for everything to go as planned.

Thanks for telling us btw, wouldn't want to go through a Connector repeat aha

awp69

Good luck with the surgery, man. Hope the storm doesn't cause trouble.

Thanks. I appreciate it. And I love snow. Living in South Carolina, we only get snow maybe once or twice a year and usually just a few inches. Kind of pissed that we are supposed to get a pretty good one (3-7 inches) and I won't be able to enjoy it.

Supposedly they won't cancel my surgery as long as the surgeon can get there which he should be able to. I just want to get this over with.

On the upside, once I am feeling up to it, I should have a decent amount of time to game while I recover!

"We are pleased to announce Sid Meier's Starships will launch on March 12 for $14.99 on PC, Mac and iPad."
https://twitter.com/CivGame/status/570321104604176384
Awesome, can't wait

As for March releases

- RAD Boarding (March 5th)
- Lastronaut (March 5th)
- Space Marshals: Chapter 2 (March 5th)
- Sid Meier's Starships (March 12th)
- Card Crawl (March 12th)
- Skatelander
- Tiltagon
- Cube Koala (March or April)
- Out There Omega (March or April)

killercow

Awesome, can't wait

As for March releases

- RAD Boarding (March 5th)
- Lastronaut (March 5th)
- Sid Meier's Starships (March 12)
- Card Crawl (March 12)
- Space Marshals: Chapter 2
- Skatelander
- Tiltagon
- Cube Koala (March or April)
- Out There Omega (March or April)

"#SpaceMarshals chapter 2 will be available on the #AppStore 5th March for #iPhone, #iPad and #iPod as a FREE installment!! YAAH!"
https://twitter.com/pixelbite/status/568696389858938880

:D

colinp

Banned
Good luck with the surgery!

I got one of my wisdom teeth taken out last week, and have to get another taken out in two weeks or so. Not as horrible as everyone says (painkillers are the best!) but not a lot of fun either. Yay surgery!

PittaGAF

Good luck man!!!!

Heel

Rules! is on sale for $0.99
Desert Golfing is on sale for $0.99
Kingdom Rush Origins / HD is on sale for $0.99 / $1.99
Banner Saga is on sale for $4.99

awp69

Good luck with the surgery!

I got one of my wisdom teeth taken out last week, and have to get another taken out in two weeks or so. Not as horrible as everyone says (painkillers are the best!) but not a lot of fun either. Yay surgery!

Good luck man!!!!

Thanks! So, yeah, when I am up to gaming, I'll probably be higher than a kite. Whip out some trippy twitch games and who knows what will happen.

Rules! is on sale for $0.99
Desert Golfing is on sale for $0.99
Kingdom Rush Origins / HD is on sale for $0.99 / $1.99
Banner Saga is on sale for $4.99

Think I may finally see what the fuss is about Rules!

Out There, Botanicula, Proun+ and Machinarium are also on sale for a $1.99 as are Gunbrick and Magnitized for $.99.

Is there some kind of holiday outside of the U.S. that may be the cause of all the sale?

Nyx

Is Origins considered the best in the series?

All three KR games are great, but I think that with every new entry the game got easier.
Think the first one had the most post-launch content so I would just start there if you don't have any KR game yet.

awp69

Grabbed Ones! by Magic Cube. Haven't had a lot of time to play it, but it's fun and addictive. A little bit of a cross between Tetris and a number based match-3. Could be the next Threes.

Also finally got Rules! Great game and probably good to improve your memory skills. That said, I doubt it will be my go to game while I'm on pain killers.LOL,

okno

Grabbed Ones! by Magic Cube. Haven't had a lot of time to play it, but it's fun and addictive. A little bit of a cross between Tetris and a number based match-3. Could be the next Threes.

Also finally got Rules! Great game and probably good to improve your memory skills. That said, I doubt it will be my go to game while I'm on pain killers.LOL,

I can't find anything about this Ones! Those painkillers already hitting you? ;)

edit: and just like that, I found it!

Top Bottom