• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing the Bud Light Game Console - BL6

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Bud Light has officially won the console wars with the BL6: half coozie, half projector, half console. Trust us, the math adds up. Learn more at budlight.com/BL6.

GssAsLM.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

The BL6 is a Windows 10 PC equipped with an Intel i7-1065G7 CPU and 16GB of RAM, with a built-in projector, all packed into a big blue case designed to look like a Bud Light six-pack.

So far, however, it appears to be a real labor of love from Bud Light's engineering team (which is a thing that exists, apparently). Yes, it's a weird beer-selling marketing stunt, but it's also a pretty neat piece of technology in a really eye-catching case. And it's a functioning piece of electronics, not some 3D-rendered monstrosity that will only appear in a commercial and nowhere else.

Last edited:
That's better than that Atari bollocks that's coming out.

Shame it's from such an awful lager, but still, neat.

Does it have a GPU?

jshackles

That's better than that Atari bollocks that's coming out.

Shame it's from such an awful lager, but still, neat.

Does it have a GPU?
Seems like Intel built in
Specifically, the PC appears to be a Microsoft Surface Pro or similar system, and the projector is an Asus ZenBeam 720p projector. It has Intel Iris graphics instead of a beefy graphics card, but it still has enough oomph to play Tekken 7 and Soul Calibur 6.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
this is not me shitting on Americans or assuming you all drink BUD light,
but srsly stahp

DESTROYA

this is not me shitting on Americans or assuming you all drink BUD light,
but srsly stahp
Yeah because bud light isn't sold worldwide:/
Yes it's shitty beer but dont make it sound like only Americans have shitty beer.
I've had shitty beer in Germany, Greece,Japan and other parts of Europe.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yeah because bud light isn't sold worldwide:/
Yes it's shitty beer but dont make it sound like only Americans have shitty beer.
I've had shitty beer in Germany, Greece,Japan and other parts of Europe.
No shit. You skipped belgian beers and UK ales. so yeah you have no clue

Elcid

Banned
It's just a charity event guys, check out the actual promo site. It's pretty funny actually, they're completely self-aware.

MrA

Banned
good marketing on their part, but will they sacrifice it for something stupid like how they sacced the bud knight campaign for game of thrones season 8?

Top Bottom