• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intel Arc A580 - review thread

winjer

Gold Member

CSvtMY0.png

FPrnNNw.jpg
CZ4hCb7.jpg

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Those drivers make or kill the GPU so its too much of a gamble to recommend I would say. Intel made huge improvements compared to A770 launch but its a niche recommendation to someone who likes tinkering or waiting for drivers. Value ain't hot compared to AMD.

Raploz

Does ARC still perform poorly on systems without support for Resizable Bar? At that price point I expect most consumers will be using it to upgrade older systems. If so, it won't be a good buy for its target public.

Last edited:

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
Really odd to launch this so late when they need to hurry up with their next gen.

Also the clocks on this are so low compared to the rest of their offerings, can it be overclocked or do Intel lock it like they do their CPU's? Yes overclockable, around 10%.

The die size on this is massive, 406mm, even for a binned part this won't be making them any money.

Last edited:
Hoping Intel keeps pushing and makes these gpus cheaper and better. Kids needs cheaper options, other than steam deck, to get into PC gaming.
Not just kids. I am 44 and I need better options for upgrading. A mid series card used to cost $200 and would last a few years. My last card a 3060ti cost $450.... its double the price. Hell even a few years back a 1650 super could be had for $140 and play everything in 1080p at medium to high settings.

The $450 I spent on my 3060ti is more expensive than the high end 8800gtx I bought back in 2008. Now an x80 series card is over 1k. Insane prices. For people with families and bills, or other expenses its gotten to be too much. Way too much. The whole reason I won't upgrade my monitor past 1080p is i would need to spend big to power it and get the same settings. With a 3060ti i can max everything.

Sorcerer

Those drivers make or kill the GPU so its too much of a gamble to recommend I would say. Intel made huge improvements compared to A770 launch but its a niche recommendation to someone who likes tinkering or waiting for drivers. Value ain't hot compared to AMD.
Just an odd aside, I have an all in one and for some reason I was offered Arc Drivers to install for my computer. I installed them and whenever I went to my Steam wishlist, the page would completely freeze, no mouse controls. Bizarre, why would they offer those drivers on a non-gaming machine? A machine that pre-dates any mention of Arc to my memory.
I'm routing for Intel, but the driver situation must drive people nuts.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

This isn't terribly interesting at launch, just because the 750 can be had for $10 more. But, down the line if another 30 or 40 gets chopped off it might be the only card released in that price range with any real gaming capability (would be competing against the 6500xt at that point).

LordOfChaos

Does ARC still perform poorly on systems without support for Resizable Bar? At that price point I expect most consumers will be using it to upgrade older systems. If so, it won't be a good buy for its target public.

Drivers have mitigated it somewhat but there's still a loss that makes it hard to recommend if you don't have rebar, which yeah makes it not ideal for hobo rig upgrades

Last edited:
Too close to A750 , both price , vram and performance.
Probably because it is the same chip as 750 and 770 and needs to be somewhere above the A380, which is definitely worse and less worth its price.

Anything around 100-200bucks is of course very similar, but those are at least somewhat reasonable prices. I guess dollar/performance the upper tiers became better in recent gens, while it was the other way around previously, where you paid extra for a bit more performance. Now all seem to encourage everyone to get the better/best/pricey products. With narrow gaps and no true value kings in the lower tiers.

I am not really eager to update anytime soon, but that there would not even be a proper, customer card successor to a supposed workstation A2000 is just absurd.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I really like how these cards look... the issue is they look like something that should have twice the performance. Hopefully one day.

Top Bottom