• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immortals Fenyx Rising |OT| Gods and Monsters and Callistos, Oh My

sobaka770

Banned
Damn Ubi games sure get discounted fast! Got this earlier today and I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised. It looks like a much more focused lower-budget effort but creatively it shines through gameplay. I wish Ubi would make all it's game like this, no need for AAAA 100-hour slogs that sacrifice gameplay for story, this thing is made on AC engine and has better puzzles and combat in the first hour that Valhalla with all the upgrades! (PS. I still love Valhalla I just wish it would be more focused)

I think marketing and release timing for this little game was totally disastrous though. Ubi released 3 open-world action RPG games within 2 months, this being last and a week before Cyberpunk as well. Like WTF. Also Immortals Fenyx Rising? Do you want this game not to sell or evoce anything but sense of mediocrity straight from the title?

LOLCats

Banned
anyone get the gold version? seems all the DLC is already released.

thoughts on worth it at ~$21 extra for the gold package?

Last edited:

Kenpachii

anyone get the gold version? seems all the DLC is already released.

thoughts on worth it at ~$21 extra for the gold package?

I got the gold edition i see nothing that indicates that the dlc content is released.

However a update was done and the game is a lot more smoother tho, so fps increase is there.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
I got the gold edition i see nothing that indicates that the dlc content is released.

However a update was done and the game is a lot more smoother tho, so fps increase is there.
ahh okay thanks, i guess i misunderstood. so while announced none if the 3x dlc are available yet then. so totally not worth the money right now i think.

also i loved lineage2, i was in ashura/nexus clan on Bartz NA.

Last edited:

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
Is this game any good? From the videos I saw it felt like the animations, graphics and combat are like from a mobile game?

Kenpachii

ahh okay thanks, i guess i misunderstood. so while announced none if the 3x dlc are available yet then. so totally not worth the money right now i think.

also i loved lineage2, i was in ashura/nexus clan on Bartz NA.

Yea loved the game, c1 c2 and c3 that is after it didn't play much of it anymore.

What I Iike about this game is that it is basically your typical Ubisoft open world game. The only difference being that it is actually fun to play. I don't get tired of it. It's the non-story and the visuals that keep me interested. And I really despise BOTW.

freefornow

Just a heads up it's going to be $40 at Bestbuy Canada for their boxing day deals starting Thursday.

Half price already! Really thinking about picking it up especially after reading the positive impressions in this thread
I have no regrets at picking this up at launch day price. Has been worth it. If you can pick it up for 50% off, it's no brainer. I cant speak to the Switch version, but on the XSX it is gorgeous and smooth as butter.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I was going to grab the $40 version. Best Buy here doesn't have it. Amazon says shipping Jan 30th, lol.

Indyblue

Really liking the game so far. Playing on PS4 but I kinda wish I’d gotten it on switch for handheld play. It’s no BOTW but I’m into it more than any other Ubi game, that’s for sure.
I hope it sells enough to get a sequel but I’ve heard it’s not doing to well.

Mr Branding

Really want this but am hesitant on dropping full price for it, due to it being Ubi. I would get it for Switch which would drop in proce a bit later I guess because rn I see it’s discounted on basically everything but Switch.... that said I want to encourage great games and this one looks right up there as I loved Botw, love Greek mythos, action combat and colors!!
Make me decide guys

LOLCats

Banned
Really want this but am hesitant on dropping full price for it, due to it being Ubi. I would get it for Switch which would drop in proce a bit later I guess because rn I see it’s discounted on basically everything but Switch.... that said I want to encourage great games and this one looks right up there as I loved Botw, love Greek mythos, action combat and colors!!
Make me decide guys
well its $40 all over (switch version at bestbuy also) i picked it up using ms rewards credits, seems fun/fine for $40.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
like the game play so far and beginning puzzles are interesting.

however i guess i fucked up using quick save. game got stuck auto saving, wouldn't let me normal save, after exiting came back and lost 2 hours of game play...

*shakes fist at ubisoft*

Humdinger

The game must sadly be a massive sale disappointment if it is already half price.

It released at $50*, so $40 is just a 20% price drop, not half price.

I picked it up and will be starting into it soon. Looking forward to it. I'm just coming off finishing Zelda BotW a few weeks ago, so it'll be interesting to see the parallels.

*or at least, that's what I saw it for, at amazon and elsewhere.

--

Played the first hour. I like it. Quick impressions:

- Love the menus and all the options. Look forward to fiddling with the HUD.
- Nice visuals; better than Zelda; no surprise there, but I appreciate it.
- The character creation options were just fine. Not obsessive detail, but enough to cover the basics.
- The lighthearted humor works for me, at least so far. Interesting choice.
- Combat seems lively, but I've just scratched the surface.

Last edited:

TexMex

QuD2qSv.jpg

thats a wrap. Completely loved this game. Looking forward to the DLC content.

thatJohann

I’m liking the combat but finding progression a bit confusing. How do I see my main quests? Can’t find the quest list in menus. Also, how do I know if I’m underpowered for a map area. I feel I’m dealing little damage and getting massacred. Starting to become frustrating. Like where do I go?

TexMex

I’m liking the combat but finding progression a bit confusing. How do I see my main quests? Can’t find the quest list in menus. Also, how do I know if I’m underpowered for a map area. I feel I’m dealing little damage and getting massacred. Starting to become frustrating. Like where do I go?

Basically any of the icons on the map that aren’t blue question marks are part of the main quest line. You can do them in any order. The Valley of Eternal Spring is probably the easiest area to start in, but none of it is especially difficult. If you find anything too hard just spend some time completing some vaults and gathering Ambrosia which you can use to buff your health, stamina and equipment.

Leon123

Neo Member
I’m absolutely loving this game on my PS5 and I’m hoping it’s the beginning of a new franchise for Ubisoft.
But there is one annoying little problem that I wish wasn’t there. The character models only blink in cutscenes and not in-game.
I’m hoping they fix this.

Do you guys think the Gold Edition with the season pass and hades and orion dlc packs (on sale for $66) is worth it? Or should I just get the standard edition (on sale for $40)?

Pretty crazy that a few hours ago this game wasn't on my radar but after watching some videos I'm sold and excited to play this on my ps5 I'm picking up Saturday.

Unity2012

To me, Immortals appeal is that it doesn't force you to follow/do anything and it's still fun to roam around. I can pick the level of challenge I feel to do at any given point.

Feel like exploring? I can go ahead and do that... not feeling like stressing out? Pick your kind of enemies! Want a bit of a challenge? Solve a puzzle around the world. Want a bit more challenging time? Jump into a vault! Want to mix it all up? Follow the God's challenges... and again, it's pure charming fun. I love this game.

Rikkori

Finally gave it a shot. Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed overall. Art-wise it's more beautiful than I thought it would be, and right now it's the game's main strength, but in terms of gameplay it's just so dull. They took the perfectly good & fun combat of Odyssey and they've made it worse, more floaty, less meaningful and more constrained. And don't get me started on stamina... whose dumb idea was this? Just awful.

Not sure I'll launch it again, it would've been a decent game to have in a draught period, like spring-summer this year but atm? It's just meh.

TexMex

Finally gave it a shot. Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed overall. Art-wise it's more beautiful than I thought it would be, and right now it's the game's main strength, but in terms of gameplay it's just so dull. They took the perfectly good & fun combat of Odyssey and they've made it worse, more floaty, less meaningful and more constrained. And don't get me started on stamina... whose dumb idea was this? Just awful.

Not sure I'll launch it again, it would've been a decent game to have in a draught period, like spring-summer this year but atm? It's just meh.

ebbc6ab3898745c76c8d78da5554bd41.gif

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone playing the disc PS4 version on PS5? Does it work seamlessly or annoyingly install 2 versions of the game (PS4 and PS5) as I’ve heard?

Leyasu

Banned
I have been running around for ages doing loads of stuff and not really advancing the story. I have opened the map and gotten a fair few armor sets, and completely maxed my axe. It is just too easy to get sidetracked and I love it.

Is this game any good? From the videos I saw it felt like the animations, graphics and combat are like from a mobile game?
Its a great game! I almost didnt buy it for the same reason. Picked up on XSX, and once you finish the prologue, it actually looks amazing. Huge world with great draw distance, volumetric clouds, particle effects everywhere, great lighting and animation grows on you. I play it on graphics mode for highest resolution and effects.
0eUKl9.png

0eUpb2.png

0eUOrv.png

Last edited:

Did you get past the two hour prologue? Once you get past that into the main open world, and start finishing quests and upgrading your character, then, is when it gets really good.

Top Bottom