• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immortals Fenyx Rising |OT| Gods and Monsters and Callistos, Oh My

TexMex

Yup going after the second god now. Fucking fantastic game. One of the best of the year easily.

same spot story wise but I’m constantly side tracked with everything I pass. Just spent a bit getting a gold medal in one of the challenge dungeons.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
I’m enjoying this, I really wish it wouldn’t have come out so close to Valhalla. Because I was taking a break from Valhalla and end up playing this...which is a cartoon assassin creed

GymWolf

Gold Member
I'm liking the game but tche english voice work really is shit tier, worse than some indie games, fenyx, hermes and zeus are hilariously terrible, maybe even on purpose...
I'm not even bothered by the cringy writing, just the VA.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Still enjoying it, but struggling slightly with the controls in combat.

Might be because I’m an old fart or the fact I’ve just played through Demon Souls, but it feels a bit spammy. Godly Powers also remove lock on, which can be frustrating.

Leyasu

Banned
I don't know if I should wait incase of a sale or download this now. It looks really good, and might save me from getting BoTW on the switch if this is really the clone that everyone is saying that it is.

As well, as the word of mouth around this keeps getting better and better and the game has legs and sells well, I could end up waiting ages for a sale.. What do you reckon Gafers ?

camby

I might snag this in the new year. Probably gonna go with the series x version over the ps5 but will wait to decide

Mmnow

Anyone else having issues with corrupted saves? Lost about 5 hours of gameplay due to every single save file becoming corrupt
My save files haven't corrupted, but more than once I've lost progress because it isn't autosaving properly.

Hint for anybody playing: make a manual save every so often, or you will lose progress. It's happened to me twice, equalling about five hours of gameplay. This is especially true on Series X, because Quick Resume means you can play over multiple days without realising it isn't saving properly. It's only when it crashes or you finally exit out of it that you realise just how much you've lost.

I don't know if I should wait incase of a sale or download this now. It looks really good, and might save me from getting BoTW on the switch if this is really the clone that everyone is saying that it is.

As well, as the word of mouth around this keeps getting better and better and the game has legs and sells well, I could end up waiting ages for a sale.. What do you reckon Gafers ?
It never hurts to wait for a sale, but I don't think you'll be disappointed if you cave in now. Just depends what your backlog is like and how desperate you are for a new game ;).

trikster40

Question; I know the PS4 version gets a free PS5 upgrade. The PS4 version is on sale at Walmart while the PS5 version is not. Should I buy the PS4 version for the free upgrade, or just pick up the PS5 version? Do saves transfer between the two, and if so, do trophies auto pop? Curious if I can grab 2 plats for the price of one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Question; I know the PS4 version gets a free PS5 upgrade. The PS4 version is on sale at Walmart while the PS5 version is not. Should I buy the PS4 version for the free upgrade, or just pick up the PS5 version? Do saves transfer between the two, and if so, do trophies auto pop? Curious if I can grab 2 plats for the price of one.
There is cross platform progression between all platforms - the game has a built in cloud save management function directly through Ubisoft.

As for trophies (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) but it looks like the PS4 and PS5 games share a trophy set.

trikster40

There is cross platform progression between all platforms - the game has a built in cloud save management function directly through Ubisoft.

As for trophies (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) but it looks like the PS4 and PS5 games share a trophy set.

Thanks, that answers my question for me! Get it cheaper on PS4, get the free upgrade, play on PS5.

Methos#1975

What I am basically asking is if the game has some sort of marker to follow on the game screen while traveling. In AC once you pin a location or quest it gives you a Beacon of light, wishing this game had something similar so I wouldn't have to hit R3

Methos#1975

Ugly? Lol no.
4asOJ1T.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
Lol for some reason it will not allow me to post direct images from my XSX, so I have to take a screencaps of them on my IPad

So you have the Xbox app for iPad and all? I have a One X (for now), so this may not apply, but in the iPad app, when you’re looking at a screen you’ve taken on the Xbox, there should be a fairly prominent button to save. It goes straight to your image gallery.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Methos#1975

So you have the Xbox app for iPad and all? I have a One X (for now), so this may not apply, but in the iPad app, when you’re looking at a screen you’ve taken on the Xbox, there should be a fairly prominent button to save. It goes straight to your image gallery.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, those are the pics I'm talking about that I cannot upload here.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Really enjoying my time with this game. Nice visuals, great responsive combat, and top notch exploration. A fine successor to the BOTW experience and in a lot of ways better.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Played about an hour on PC and so far so good. The game is good and the performance is solid. Getting a locked 60fps at 75% of 4k, max settings (apart from AA toned down to medium).

Going to play a few more hours and wait for some performance analysis from the likes of DF/NX before deciding if I buy it for PS5 so I can enjoy it with the controller.

Big tip for everyone, turn off the in-game compass and markers. It's a lot more fun just exploring the world visually (and using the map when you need to) rather than following markers everywhere.

Last edited:
How do y'all experience the stuttering in PS5 perf mode?

Ubi has confirmed the issue exists and is working on a patch.

From their forums

Direct quote from Ubi Staff:

Thanks for the updates on this issue, everyone!

I can assure you that our team is aware of this issue and has been able to reproduce it!

What that means is, that we're in a place of being able to work on resolving this issue with great ease and speed as we can see just how this is affecting you all.

So please know we definitely know that it's not desired for you to play in Quality Mode ( because it's a PS5! We know you want to get all you can get out of it! ) but until we're able to push forward a solution, we ask that you play with this mode at this time. As soon as I have a date that you can expect the fix to go out, I'll update you all here!

Thank you all again for keeping this thread active and alive so our team knows what's going on!

I am waiting for the fix to drop before starting up. The game looks incredible to me, otherwise, based on screens/vids/reviews/whatnot.

Leyasu

Banned
Two questions

Has anyone managed to make a controller set up where the face buttons are used for combat?

Anyone know why the HDR configs are greyed out?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Really loving this! The voice work when out next to BOTW I really appreciate. It is in that cartoony realm but whereas BOTW has minimal almost non verbal childish vocal queues, this is more like a cartoon. The modern humor is very nice though, so far not cringey, more like 80s fantasy cartoons. And it looks and plays great I still can’t even see this frame flicker people are flipping out about.

I’m a big fan of classical mythology and folklore, so this stuff is great for me. The story is great stuff and quite accurate to the ancient legends. Honestly I would far rather play a game remaking ancient mythology than modern IPs any day. This is probably why I’m such a huge fan of fantasy.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I've only played for an hour but have not noticed it at all.
Have you experienced stuttering in other games? PC games are notoriously annoying for having stuttering, for example. But if you're not sensitive to it, you're less likely to notice unless it's egregious.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
This game looks awesome. I have UPlay+ and it's installed and ready to go, but I'm frantically trying to finish ACV before I get in Cyberpunk. I'm afraid I'll have to wait until January to play Immortals.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Two questions

Has anyone managed to make a controller set up where the face buttons are used for combat?

Anyone know why the HDR configs are greyed out?

Go to windows display settings and turn on HDR. For some reason I needed to do that the first time. Later I turned it off in Windows and the game still switches to HDR mode.

Top Bottom