• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: xbox 360 is Not a Revolution

Morbo

Jacobi said:
X360 IS THE HD-REVOLUTION !

plus :
Revolution = paradigm shift = 180°
X360 = 360°
MS AM WINNER

180 implies heading back the way you came from which covers BC but not the new interface. So Revolution = anything but 180 or 360.
360 = heading in your original direction after spinning around needlessly.

Note: I can't make the degrees symbol or understand the point I'm trying to make.

Jacobi

Banned
Morbo said:
180 implies heading back the way you came from which covers BC but not the new interface. So Revolution = anything but 180 or 360.
360 = heading in your original direction after spinning around needlessly.

Note: I can't make the degrees symbol or understand the point I'm trying to make.
Okay, 90°'d be more fitting

koam

After skimming through that article, all it's made me do is want to play Perfect Dark Zero because it plays like the original.

123rl

I'll probably get both Rev. and Xbox360 but let's just say that the 360 is a certainty for me and the Rev. is the one that I'll buy in three years when they hit £80. Why does the 360 interest me so much? Pick a reason from the list:

Games
Xbox Live for multiplayer and, equally, for all of the new features like demos, trailers etc
XBL Arcade

I don't know about you but, IMO, most of the new XBox Live features are as revolutionary as anything planned for the Revolution, just in a diffferent way

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Haha I love #9, Same Game, Prettier Graphics.
Just like the GameCube, right IGN?
Next gen is a new ball game. And Nintendo looks like it got it right this time: Revolution is not a GC 1.5 if you know what I mean.

Sunski

rs7k said:
Haha I love #9, Same Game, Prettier Graphics.

Just like the GameCube, right IGN?

Because we all unlocked the hidden water powered jet pack in Mario 64 didn't we?

And damn! Those storms really made Wave Race 64 a tough challenge.

And I can't believe how amazing the facial animations in OoT were. That game was like a living cartoon!

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
IGNmatt wasn't tough enough.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
For the record, I thought it was a fine article. Exactly the kind of stuff I like to read from a Nintendo-dedicated outlet. The other websites are way to "diplomatic". To the point of being boring.

You peeps take this stuff way too seriously. Relax.

Luckett_X

Banned
wow...what a horrible idea! IGN wants to revitalise the fanboy wars!

I find it quite tragic that Matt's list is filled with such rubbish reasons, like "lol it won't have Mario Party X on it!"

If he doesnt have faith enough in the Revolution's actual features over "No Zelda on Xbox! No Mario on 360!", then he can't be expecting much really.

terrene

Banned
gahiggidy.gif

=W=

Luckett_X said:
wow...what a horrible idea! IGN wants to revitalise the fanboy wars!

I find it quite tragic that Matt's list is filled with such rubbish reasons, like "lol it won't have Mario Party X on it!"

If he doesnt have faith enough in the Revolution's actual features over "No Zelda on Xbox! No Mario on 360!", then he can't be expecting much really.
What are you talking about? "No Zelda/Mario/etc" was only 1 out of 10...

Pretty pointless article overall, but who cares? Not like it cost me anything. OH NOZ I SPENT 5 MINUTES OF MY LIFE ON THIS SITE BLARGHH ANGER IGN IS RIPPING ME OFF AND SUCKING AWAY MY LIFE

Vieo

R3V0LUT10N will r0x0rz ur b0X03rs!

I have a feeling once all the naysayers try the Revolution controller in actual games, they'll fall in love with it and they will never want to touch another dual-analog controller again because they'll feel archaic in comparison.

terrene

Banned
Vieo said:
R3V0LUT10N will r0x0rz ur b0X03rs!

I have a feeling once all the naysayers try the Revolution controller in actual games, they'll fall in love with it and they will never want to touch another dual-analog controller again because they'll feel archaic in comparison.
I have a feeling that when the Nintentards who have been saying this for months realize that their arm is fucking tired from pretending to be sword-wielding Link, that no matter where I am or what I'm doing, I will feel them crying.

And I will laugh.

Gahiggidy

terrene said:
I have a feeling that when the Nintentards who have been saying this for months realize that their arm is fucking tired from pretending to be sword-wielding Link, that no matter where I am or what I'm doing, I will feel them crying.

And I will laugh.
You do not know what you are talking about.

koam

terrene said:

And I will laugh.

Ditto for the people who laugh at the revmote only to (later) realize that the xbox 3 and PS4 will use a similar interface.

Speevy

Banned
When deciding between the Xbox 360 and Revolution, you should probably buy the one with the most games and the best games.

hie

i love nintendo and i will buy a rev, but it's going to be really hard going back to non-HD games on my TV.

terrene

Banned
koam said:
Ditto for the people who laugh at the revmote only to (later) realize that the xbox 3 and PS4 will use a similar interface.
Sure. See you in 2011, then. I hope the PS4 plays the new Zelda game well. Hopefully this theft you predict will ensure that all the gameplay stays intact when Nintendo inevitably goes 3rd party.

terrene

Banned
Gahiggidy said:
You do not know what you are talking about.
You are a complete joke to mankind and should commit suicide rather than continue wasting your life being some corporation's loud-and-proud "fanboy." The people starving in Africa would appreciate the resources being freed up.

Gahiggidy

terrene said:
You are a complete joke to mankind and should commit suicide rather than continue wasting your life being some corporation's loud-and-proud "fanboy." The people starving in Africa would appreciate the resources being freed up.
At least I have a purpose to my life.

btw, I think you've violated the tos.

@ ugly dog's death: Wasn't it on nov the 18th?
btw: Actually the only reason I would disagree with is #7 :)
Most of the other reasons aren't really contra xbox360 but pro revolution (for me).
I would have called it "ten reasons to buy revolution" or sth. like that...

Was there any protest to when the PS3 channel stated MGS4 as a reason to wait out on XBox 360 for a PS3, or XBox 360's channel that listed the 1st party titles such as Kameo a reason to buy XBox 360? Zelda is certianly as understandable as those examples.

Why is everyone taking this list so serious, it would be ignorant to criticize this statement on the list while ignoring the rest.

You are a complete joke to mankind and should commit suicide rather than continue wasting your life being some corporation's loud-and-proud "fanboy."
I know this was not directed at me, but I can still appreciate the irony.

littlewig

Banned
I'm surprised Matt didn't make fun of people trying to play FPS on the Xbox360.

He should have been like "Nin10do remote suprier in FPS, lol dual stix sux"

OH MY GOD!!!!!! THIS THREAD IS ON PAGE 3!!!!! I CAN'T FUGGIN' BELIEVE IT!!!!!! OH!!!! MY!!!!! GAAAAAAAWWWD!!!!!

(I'm sorry ... I thought you had to OVERREACT to post in this thread ... my bad.)

erikevrhrd

Impressions of a recent Xbox 360 convert: I made a decision to get the Xbox 360 a few months ago. I had always only been a Nintendo-only fan, owning every system since NES and never got into any other system. Something changed and I got bored with all the games Nintendo was offering on the Cube and my fear is that Revolution will be the exact same games but with their new controller. Anyway, I made the switch and got the Xbox 360, an HDTV, a router (I had never played online games before) and my first four games - PD0, Kameo, PGR3, and Condemned - and I am just astounded at the quality and scale of options that MS gives you. The Xbox 360 is more like a gaming supercomputer than something you just plug in to play some games on your tv. The level of customization with the different blades is amazing and easy. Xbox Live gives you so much to do, things to download, more ways to customize, play online, keep track of friends and every possible stat. But of course it all comes down to the games and IMO Kameo, PGR3, and Condemned are all perfect examples of next-gen AAA top calibur games (I am waiting to play PDO with my little brothers who are visiting for the holidays). My new tv is so fantastic and the games' graphics and sound are so good that I feel like I'm controlling a movie at the movie theater. It's as if like gaming experience has just jumped into high gear. Ok, back to PGR3...

monkeyrun

erikevrhrd said:
Impressions of a recent Xbox 360 convert: I made a decision to get the Xbox 360 a few months ago. I had always only been a Nintendo-only fan, owning every system since NES and never got into any other system. Something changed and I got bored with all the games Nintendo was offering on the Cube and my fear is that Revolution will be the exact same games but with their new controller. Anyway, I made the switch and got the Xbox 360, an HDTV, a router (I had never played online games before) and my first four games - PD0, Kameo, PGR3, and Condemned - and I am just astounded at the quality and scale of options that MS gives you. The Xbox 360 is more like a gaming supercomputer than something you just plug in to play some games on your tv. The level of customization with the different blades is amazing and easy. Xbox Live gives you so much to do, things to download, more ways to customize, play online, keep track of friends and every possible stat. But of course it all comes down to the games and IMO Kameo, PGR3, and Condemned are all perfect examples of next-gen AAA top calibur games (I am waiting to play PDO with my little brothers who are visiting for the holidays). My new tv is so fantastic and the games' graphics and sound are so good that I feel like I'm controlling a movie at the movie theater. It's as if like gaming experience has just jumped into high gear. Ok, back to PGR3...
good job :)

Link

The Autumn Wind
The Gaming Gamer said:
Was there any protest to when the PS3 channel stated MGS4 as a reason to wait out on XBox 360 for a PS3, or XBox 360's channel that listed the 1st party titles such as Kameo a reason to buy XBox 360? Zelda is certianly as understandable as those examples.

Why is everyone taking this list so serious, it would be ignorant to criticize this statement on the list while ignoring the rest.

I know this was not directed at me, but I can still appreciate the irony.
That's usually how it works out. It's a big reason I can't stand this place most of the time.

norinrad21 said:
Looks like people are trying to kill the 360 ala Dreamcast back in the day :lol

Dreamcast was a big jump,360 is not! If 360 die it because it was not a big enough improvement over this gen.

AniHawk

norinrad21 said:
Looks like people are trying to kill the 360 ala Dreamcast back in the day :lol

Yeah, let's not compare this thing to the Dreamcast.

Sega Saturn. Now there's a much more valid comparison.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
terrene said:
Sure. See you in 2011, then. I hope the PS4 plays the new Zelda game well. Hopefully this theft you predict will ensure that all the gameplay stays intact when Nintendo inevitably goes 3rd party.

Okey dokey.

You know, in a way, I kinda want Sony and MS to steal Nintendo's controller idea. Just to see the damage control the Xbots and Sonybots would make then. :lol

NWO

erikevrhrd said:

So is this a joke post or a viral marketer from Microsoft?

You do know that nobody is buying this shit your spewing since you listed Kameo as a AAA top calibur game and if all of those games and features got you half as hot and heavy as you say they did then you would be PLAYING THE SYSTEM NONSTOP RATHER THAN POSTING ON A MESSAGE BOARD.

I know when I get a new system that kicks ass I spend all my free time playing it rather than raving about it all across the Internet. :lol

Oblivion said:
Okey dokey.

You know, in a way, I kinda want Sony and MS to steal Nintendo's controller idea. Just to see the damage control the Xbots and Sonybots would make then. :lol

I dont know about anyone else, but I would probably become a pc only gamer.

Gahiggidy

Erikevrhrd,

If you don't mind, how much does Microsoft pay you to v-market? Just curious. Nintendo is paying me $1.20 an hour with benefits (free lunch at McDonalds.) I want to compare to see if I'm getting a fair rate.

123rl

sonic4ever said:
Dreamcast was a big jump,360 is not! If 360 die it because it was not a big enough improvement over this gen.

Oh come on! :lol It's been out ONE DAY and you're saying it's not a big enough improvement :lol I'd type out a dozen reasons why you're wrong but I'm 90% certain this is just flame bait and I'd be falling into a trap

terrene

Banned
In general:

lol @ shrill Nintendo fanboys. It's getting to the point where I can skim their posts and get the gist in about 2 fucking seconds. "The DS online service is free!" "Next-gen should be about waggling around our gay fucking remote control," and "Xbox 360 sucks because the power supply is too large and/or the 'jump isn't big enough.'"

lol @ anyone thinking I'm a fanboy for any corporation or video game system -- particularly N-bots searching for "irony" as a way out of accepting what annoying fucks they are.

lol @ retarded article that actually lists "Xbox doesn't have Nintendo title A" and "Xbox doesn't have Nintendo title B" for 2 of their 10 "reasons why Xbox 360 is not next-gen."

Thanks for the thread, GAF!

terrene

Banned
Gahiggidy said:
Erikevrhrd,

If you don't mind, how much does Microsoft pay you to v-market? Just curious. Nintendo is paying me $1.20 an hour with benefits (free lunch at McDonalds.) I want to compare to see if I'm getting a fair rate.
That sounds like the biggest waste of time and mental energy that is imaginable. Again, please consider suicide.

Top Bottom