• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: xbox 360 is Not a Revolution

ToxicAdam

I loved how one header said "Same game, with prettier graphics." Then another header on the same page said "360 doesn't have Zelda". Which .. last I checked .. is the same game with prettier graphics.

This poor guy who had to write this.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
civilstrife said:
Matt includes it in pretty much every list of Nintendo franchises he makes. Its more wishful thinking then anything.
Reason # 473 to kick Matt in the nads: Getting my hopes up for a new Kid Icarus for a fleeting moment.

Mr Jared

methodman said:
you cant spell Malign without ign either, and thats what each of the different sections of IGN do to others... In other words, Who gives a fuck if he said xbox 360 isnt a Revolution?

The 360 IGN guys could have said that the Revolution wasn't 360 degrees of entertainment or some other crap like that. It's not exactly who's bashing who, but incredibly cheesy and stupid when you have two sub-sections attacking another on a launch.

It could have gone any which direction and it would still be lame.

Mrbob

methodman said:
you cant spell Malign without ign either, and thats what each of the different sections of IGN do to others... In other words, Who gives a fuck if he said xbox 360 isnt a Revolution?

It's Matt.

I loved how one header said "Same game, with prettier graphics." Then another header on the same page said "360 doesn't have Zelda". Which .. last I checked .. is the same game with prettier graphics.

It's Matt.

The 360 IGN guys could have said that the Revolution wasn't 360 degrees of entertainment or some other crap like that. It's not exactly who's bashing who, but incredibly cheesy and stupid when you have two sub-sections attacking another on a launch.

It could have gone any which direction and it would still be lame.

They've not Matt.

Mupepe

Banned
#8. 360 Doesn't Have Legend of Zelda
We don't want to dwell on the obvious, but it is an important point, especially since you're reading a Nintendo-centric channel and not a Microsoft one. Xbox 360 may have a lot of things going for it, but the platform doesn't have The Legend of Zelda franchise -- and it never will. If you want to control series hero Link in an all new home console adventure, you can only do it with Nintendo Revolution. And the same is true for all of Nintendo's major games, from Mario to Pikmin, F-Zero and Kid Icarus. You can only find them on one next generation platform and it's not Xbox 360. Considering that millions of gamers have stayed loyal to the Big N through the years simply because they adore these characters and franchises, you'll definitely want to consider this point when planning your next hardware purchase.

so true, and anyone that denies it is just a fucking fanboy.

Monk

Banned
Duderz said:
Can you blame him? What is there left on GameCube until Zelda, and that probably isn't coming until June!

Check out www.n-sider.com there is like an article every day that is relative to the gamecube. Did ign even post that sakurai is back to direct ssbm revolution?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ToxicAdam said:

He may be right on that one, TP will be the last Zelda as we know it right now, Revolution Zelda will be different so said Miyamoto.

Ironclad

As a Nintendo fan, I cannot help but be embarassed by this article. I'm almost sure that his time could have been spent doing something better, but it is Matt. Stop making us look bad, you douchebag.

Why do people bash Matt for writing stuff for Nintendo fans when he stated clearly that the entire list IS for Nintendo fans and why THEY should hold off until the Revolution. It's not a list telling EVERYONE not to get a 360.

#8. 360 Doesn't Have Legend of Zelda
We don't want to dwell on the obvious, but it is an important point, especially since you're reading a Nintendo-centric channel and not a Microsoft one
Considering that millions of gamers have stayed loyal to the Big N through the years simply because they adore these characters and franchises, you'll definitely want to consider this point when planning your next hardware purchase.

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
clearacell said:
Why do people bash Matt for writing stuff for Nintendo fans when he stated clearly that the entire list IS for Nintendo fans and why THEY should hold off until the Revolution. It's not a list telling EVERYONE not to get a 360.

How about cause its fucking pathetic ?

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
civilstrife said:
As stupid sounding as that quote is, you can't deny its truth. That's a major factor for a lot of people, myself included.
me too. If it wasnt for Nintendo's first party titles I wouldnt buy Nintendo consoles. Their first party titles are just to good not to play :D

Ryudo said:

Again, someone who just takes this shit too seriously. Either that, or just living up to his tag.

EDIT: Unless of course, I totally misunderstand the meaning of his tag :p

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Ryudo said:

Pathetic? Its an article for Nintendo fans on why they should wait for the Revolution. I find it funny that over dramatic words like "Pathetic" are being used more and more with gaming and opinions regarding video games.

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
civilstrife said:
Again, someone who just takes this shit too seriously. Either that, or just living up to his tag.

Who's taking this seriously ? Its a joke as far as i am concerned as no one could be that pathetic on purpose.

As for my tag, heh if you only knew what it was for.

BlueTsunami

Ryudo said:
Who's taking this seriously ? Its a joke as far as i am concerned as no one could be that pathetic on purpose.

As for my tag, heh if you only knew what it was for.

:lol

Your the one taking it seriously. I find it pathetic that you find this article pathetic. There are far more worse things in the world and yet this article is somehow so bad that its pathetic? I'm afraid of what you will call someone if they comment on their dislike of the "look" of the X360 (which I like by the way).

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Phoenix said:
That list is worthless and assumes that we should put some faith in Nintendo to deliver what they haven't on the past two generations of their console.

Sigh. Here we go again. All right, handsome. What did the big, bad Nintendo not deliver for the past 2 gens? (besides a real Mario platformer, 3D Donkey Kong, and a 100% Air based Star Fox?)

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
ToxicAdam said:

Not that I'm advocate this list but do you really believe that Zelda on Rev will be the same thing with prettier graphics? That sort of defeats the whole point of the controller being A new way to play or rather hopefully a better way to play.

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
BlueTsunami said:

Your the one taking it seriously. I find it pathetic that you find this article pathetic. There are far more worse things in the world and yet this article is somehow so bad that its pathetic? I'm afraid of what you will call someone if they comment on their dislike of the "look" of the X360 (which I like by the way).

and you say i am taking it seriously ! :lol

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Ryudo said:

Maybe so. He shouldn't have to con gamers into sticking with Nintendo. Nintendo should do their own damn conning.

*cue water-balloon fight*

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
methodman said:
I think those kids that snitch about fucking their teachers are pathetic. FUCKING STUPIDLY IDIOTICLY PATHETIC. :lol

:lol You wouldnt happen to be a teacher getting a little on the side with your students would you ?

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
BlueTsunami said:

Because the real meaning of pathetic is the reaction you showed to an article about gaming...

:/

I am sure you dont even understand you own argument by now or how you have totally contradicted yourself.

BlueTsunami

Ryudo said:
I am sure you dont even understand you own argument by now or how you have totally contradicted yourself.

I understand what your saying but I find the cause much more just to complain about what your complaining about. Its so petty and its very annoying. Its an article about something so meaningless. Get a grip man.

jarosh

it's remarkable how some people seem to take a silly article like this serious. there's a similar post for the ps3. come on, they're just having a little fun. how can anyone engage in a serious dicussion about the points they're making? it's so obviously NOT a serious feature. "no zelda on 360" :lol

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
TEN REASON WE TREAT OUR READERSHIP LIKE 10 YEAR OLDS....

1. BECAUSE YOU MONGS LAP IT UP!
2-10. SEE NO. 1

civilstrife said:
As stupid sounding as that quote is, you can't deny its truth. That's a major factor for a lot of people, myself included.

C'mon, oper your eues.
Every console has its exclusives, is obvious and is a nonsense to say "XBox360 doesn't have Zelda".

Especially because Nintendo consoles are the one with less exclusives (the heavy ones are only from Nintendo).

And if you think that "is a major factor for alot of people" (referring to sales) one could answer that "Halo, that won't be on Revo, is a major factor for even MUCH MORE people".

I agree that saying so-obvious things is a low.

Thaty have to say reason tha are "unique" on Revo.
Not things that might be said even for Xbox360 or PS3 as the exclusive of some franchises.

Cheerilee

Matt from IGN said:
If you want to control series hero Link in an all new home console adventure, you can only do it with Nintendo Revolution.
That, or Matt should go get his GameCube back from the pawn shop.

Oblivion

Lathentar said:
I'm pretty sure that was confirmed a while ago.

I don't think anything's totally confirmed for launch yet. Nintendo pretty much said they're going to "try" to get some out at launch.

jarosh

McValdemar said:
Every console has its exclusives, is obvious and is a nonsense to say "XBox360 doesn't have Zelda".

I agree that saying so-obvious things is a low.

exactly mcvaldemar. so who would seriously believe that ign is stupid enough to not realise the complete uselessness of such an argument? they were just having a little fun, that's all. and if anyone disagrees, alright, then ign are just a bunch of idiots. either way, discussing this is useless.

Ceb

Mupepe said:
so true, and anyone that denies it is just a fucking fanboy.

The Legend of Zelda: Alright for its time, doesn't hold up today.
Link's Adventure: Was never any good.
A Link to the Past: Fantastic game, will download it on Revolution. :D
Link's Awakening: Rehash.
Ocarina of Time: 3D rehash, overrated.
Majora's Mask: Interesting concept, nice to have an innovative Zelda title.
Wind Waker: Nice graphics, horrible game design.

In short, the Zelda series is massively overrated by a bunch of fanboys who seem to be content with the same green little elf, the same story and the same type of gameplay. Mario is where it's at, even though he's been slacking off lately. :D

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
wasn't there a similar article for PS3 vs. 360?

Ceb said:

In short, the Zelda series is massively overrated by a bunch of fanboys who seem to be content with the same green little elf, the same story and the same type of gameplay. Mario is where it's at, even though he's been slacking off lately. :D
what an odd logic you have...

Oblivion

Ceb said:

Sir, I challenge ye to fisticuffs!

You seem to like Mario, so you obviously can't be a Sony/MS troll, but how in the heck can you think that Ocarina of Time is a 3D rehash?!

Mupepe

Banned
Ceb said:

I was being sarcastic. I don't even like zelda :lol

I played OOT and that's the only one I've ever finished. The others are fun for a short period of time but don't hold my interest.

Frog

IGN actually posted three different articles, one on each channel. Ten reasons to wait for rev, ten reasons to wait for ps3, and ten reasons to get 360.

Top Bottom