• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: xbox 360 is Not a Revolution

mariofizzleeature_1132717520.jpg

And.... I'm spent.

Kangu

Banned
To bad daily radar is dead. They would have had 15 mind blowing articles about how the Revolution is going to change the face of gaming, but only after they'd already written 15 about the X360 and PS3.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
#6. Metroid Prime 3
True enough, Samus Aran is one of the greatest videogame heroines ever created and she's reason enough to wait for Revolution over Xbox 360 if you're only getting one system. But we're citing Metroid Prime 3 here to make a point, which is that Revolution will also cater to hardcore players with traditional software. Prime 3 is already deep in development by Retro Studios and it will make use of Revolution's pioneering controller for a level of precision and freedom simply not possible on Xbox 360. Halo 3 may be the most anticipated FPS of all time, but we will guarantee you this right now: Metroid Prime 3 is going to absolutely eclipse it where control is concerned. And that really begs the question, are we playing these games or are we looking at them? Hardcore players can look forward to a variety of adult software on Nintendo's new system, including a new Final Fantasy, a first-person shooter from Ubisoft, and much more.
seems like MP3 will be a launch title :) only good thing to come out of that article.

And since developers are already dedicating large teams to make Revolution software, discerning crowds can finally look forward to something sorely missing from the majority of third party GameCube titles: original efforts designed from the ground up for the system.
Matt was singing a very different tune months ago about the third party support.

Duderz

Banned
Yeah, that was pretty bad.

Reading the article made me realize one thing, however: We've just begun the "next-generation" of gaming, and Nintendo has not revealed to us ONE single screenshot of a Revolution game.

They probably won't either until, at the very earliest, GDC 2006.

#6. Metroid Prime 3
True enough, Samus Aran is one of the greatest videogame heroines ever created and she's reason enough to wait for Revolution over Xbox 360 if you're only getting one system. But we're citing Metroid Prime 3 here to make a point, which is that Revolution will also cater to hardcore players with traditional software. Prime 3 is already deep in development by Retro Studios and it will make use of Revolution's pioneering controller for a level of precision and freedom simply not possible on Xbox 360. Halo 3 may be the most anticipated FPS of all time, but we will guarantee you this right now: Metroid Prime 3 is going to absolutely eclipse it where control is concerned. And that really begs the question, are we playing these games or are we looking at them? Hardcore players can look forward to a variety of adult software on Nintendo's new system, including a new Final Fantasy, a first-person shooter from Ubisoft, and much more. And since developers are already dedicating large teams to make Revolution software, discerning crowds can finally look forward to something sorely missing from the majority of third party GameCube titles: original efforts designed from the ground up for the system.

Man, I can't wait to waggle my wand.

Syb

"#8. 360 Doesn't Have Legend of Zelda
We don't want to dwell on the obvious, but it is an important point, especially since you're reading a Nintendo-centric channel and not a Microsoft one. Xbox 360 may have a lot of things going for it, but the platform doesn't have The Legend of Zelda franchise -- and it never will. If you want to control series hero Link in an all new home console adventure, you can only do it with Nintendo Revolution. And the same is true for all of Nintendo's major games, from Mario to Pikmin, F-Zero and Kid Icarus. You can only find them on one next generation platform and it's not Xbox 360. Considering that millions of gamers have stayed loyal to the Big N through the years simply because they adore these characters and franchises, you'll definitely want to consider this point when planning your next hardware purchase."

LOL! NEW LOW IGN!

Monk

Banned
That list isn't half bad if you consider the fact that it was aimed at casual gamers. Ironically, the revolution is 5 years late, but still doable, I remember many people going up to stores to buy an Xbox because they want "something different". The mere fact that the DS isn't bombing versus the psp is testament that there is a market for people who want something different.

pixelfish

Banned
LOL I'm a fan of Nintendo but jesus they could have just written an article that said, "don't buy an xbox360 because I said so" and it wouldn't have made Nintendo look so sad and pathetic.

god nintendo fans are really embarrassing sometimes....

and for the record I love nintendo and its games (and own the system), but its fans make me want the company to go bankrupt just to see them cry and suicide.

Phoenix

That list is worthless and assumes that we should put some faith in Nintendo to deliver what they haven't on the past two generations of their console. While I'm interested in seeing what the Rev has to offer, and don't plan on picking up a PS3, 360, or a Rev until all 3 have played their hand, that list does nothing more than encourage one to print it out and wipe their ass with it.

Phoenix said:
That list is worthless and assumes that we should put some faith in Nintendo to deliver what they haven't on the past two generations of their console. While I'm interested in seeing what the Rev has to offer, and don't plan on picking up a PS3, 360, or a Rev until all 3 have played their hand, that list does nothing more than encourage one to print it out and wipe their ass with it.

oh now you've done it....

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
ZombieSupaStar said:
god nintendo fans are really embarrassing sometimes....

and for the record I love nintendo and its games (and own the system), but its fans make me want the company to go bankrupt just to see them cry and suicide.

Jesus Christ, what company are YOU a fan of? How many consumers you think were Atari fans back in the day? please...

Monk

Banned
Phoenix said:
That list is worthless and assumes that we should put some faith in Nintendo to deliver what they haven't on the past two generations of their console.

You mean great games right?

WindyMan

Seems like IGN Cube is desperate for news articles. Maybe Matt should schedule more interviews to try to weasel out relevant information instead of putting together a throw-away article.

WindyMan said:
Seems like IGN Cube is desperate for news articles. Maybe Matt should schedule more interviews to try to weasel out relevant information instead of putting together a throw-away article.
or at the very least get more developer thoughts. anything is better than this crap at this point.

Azelover said:
Jesus Christ, what company are YOU a fan of? How many consumers you think were Atari fans back in the day? please...

im not a fan of any, I think its stupid.

I have a top of the line PC, an xbox, a ps2, and gc. I'll also be getting a rev/ps3/360

but from my experience, dyed in the wool "fans" of any system are nothing but embarassing (I worked game retail from 1998-2003).

I mean I grew up on NES, but that doesnt make me downplay or tear apart anything "not nintendo".

I guess im just not "hardcore" anymore.

Duderz said:
Can you blame him? What is there left on GameCube until Zelda, and that probably isn't coming until June!
if i remember correctly, he had a shit load of GameCube articles left and right a good amount of time before the system even hit. hell, before the system was even unveiled.

Duderz

Banned
Well, that's probably because there was actual NEWS before GameCube hit.

Now, it's just...game after game being canceled.

I mean, I love my Cube, but there's just nothing to even REPORT on.

Mr Jared

I bet Microsoft loves IGN right now. The shitty Office Space parody with the XBOX, the initial 10 reasons to wait for the PS3 list and now this.

It just goes to show, you can't spell "ignorant sluts" without IGN.

Well, you don't need the IGN to spell sluts, but that's exactly what they are for hits these days.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
IGN said:
#8. 360 Doesn't Have Legend of Zelda
We don't want to dwell on the obvious, but it is an important point, especially since you're reading a Nintendo-centric channel and not a Microsoft one. Xbox 360 may have a lot of things going for it, but the platform doesn't have The Legend of Zelda franchise -- and it never will. If you want to control series hero Link in an all new home console adventure, you can only do it with Nintendo Revolution. And the same is true for all of Nintendo's major games, from Mario to Pikmin, F-Zero and Kid Icarus. You can only find them on one next generation platform and it's not Xbox 360. Considering that millions of gamers have stayed loyal to the Big N through the years simply because they adore these characters and franchises, you'll definitely want to consider this point when planning your next hardware purchase.
WHAT? I haven't been paying attention to Rev threads all that much because of the amazing lack of anything important. Was Kid Icarus announce on the Revolution or is this just more speculation?

Jive Turkey said:
WHAT? I haven't been paying attention to Rev threads all that much because of the amazing lack of anything important. Was Kid Icarus announce on the Revolution or is this just more speculation?

Matt includes it in pretty much every list of Nintendo franchises he makes. Its more wishful thinking then anything.

Sl1p said:
It just goes to show, you can't spell "ignorant sluts" without IGN.
dude, that joke was terrible when kenshin busted it out, and it still is today.

on the other hand, you do need IGN to spell, im trying to forget about my past of being a world class DDR player.

Rhindle

Wow, nice job Matt. :lol

Bet that got the kiddies into a foaming, messageboard-posting, page-view generating frenzy.

What a sucky job that must be at the moment.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
WindyMan said:

Hehe, think he's burned a few too many bridges to get the scoop on any of the going ons from Nintendo.

Monk

Banned
Actually it isn't. Miyamoto asked what franchises they wanted back. Most people said kid icarus. Then he asked if we really wanted kid icarus and everyone said yes. I forgot his exact words after that, but it was semi confirmation that they w3ill make a kid icarus if there is a demand for it.

methodman

Banned
I bet Microsoft loves IGN right now. The shitty Office Space parody with the XBOX, the initial 10 reasons to wait for the PS3 list and now this.

you cant spell Malign without ign either, and thats what each of the different sections of IGN do to others... In other words, Who gives a fuck if he said xbox 360 isnt a Revolution?

Top Bottom