• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: PS Premium Backwards Compatibility Performance Review

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
John Candy Reaction GIF
Heh heh funny gif.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
No. you are an xbox fanboy. Cut the crap you aint fooling anyone. And same goes for adam, bend lambed and co

wtf is this sense of thread entitlement ? most of us are PS4 owners as well and can reply to this topic about emulation that works on PS4 just as much as any PS5 owner.

cut this dumb crap please and don't invoke others where not necessary.

Last edited:
If the ps3 games were native, the service would be almost perfect. I wonder if sony will work it out and allow us to download ps3 games. Maybe on a per game basis? Just do the top 100 most played ps3 games. The rest can stay streaming only.

SLB1904

Banned
wtf is this sense of thread entitlement ? most of us are PS4 owners as well and can reply to this topic about emulation that works on PS4 just as much as any PS5 owner.

I think you are mistaken. I don't care if you guys sleep in every Sony thread couldn't give a shit. Just don't pretend you are not a fanboy

Nah, you're the fanboy.
Shrugs

Last edited:

Just speaking in general but owning multiple systems doesn’t exempt you from being a fanboy.

I own an Xbox One X and a Nintendo Switch but everyone can see my preferring lean heavily towards PlayStation and I don’t try to hide it because that just makes things worse.

Now I’m not the only one that’s like this. There are others that own multiple systems but their preferences lean heavily towards PlayStation or other brands.

Sosokrates

I think you are mistaken. I don't care if you guys sleep in every Sony thread couldn't give a shit. Just don't pretend you are not a fanboy

Shrugs
You shrug at my comment where it was you who initially said the same thing to me. Makes no sense.

U dont like being called a fanboy, then dont call others it.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Just speaking in general but owning multiple systems doesn’t exempt you from being a fanboy.

I own an Xbox One X and a Nintendo Switch but everyone can see my preferring lean heavily towards PlayStation and I don’t try to hide it because that just makes things worse.

Now I’m not the only one that’s like this. There are others that own multiple systems but their preferences lean heavily towards PlayStation or other brands.
Yeah I wont argue that I prefer Xbox for various reasons, but the issue arisises when people dont discuss the topic and just are like "shut up Fanboy, u aint fooling anyone"

When that sort of talk happens it may as well be dogs barking at each other.

Swift star and his kindred spirits just seem to want to war. They have no interest in improving relations and talking about the topic at hand.

Yeah I wont argue that I prefer Xbox for various reasons, but the issue arisises when people dont discuss the topic and just are like "shut up Fanboy, u aint fooling anyone"

Swift star and his kindred spirits just seem to want to war. They have no interest in improving relations and talking about the topic at hand.
They're tired of your constant fake concern and BS.

Last edited:

Well you do have your tag so you know first hand shot warring is. Both sides do it all the time and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Meh that’s the admins job not mine. Just saying that saying that you own multiple systems doesn’t mean much here. And I used myself as an example.

I'm not asking you to insert yourself, nor is my thread policing remark aimed at you, it's at the people who are asking others not to post here because of xyz console ownership related reasons.

I'm not asking you to insert yourself, nor is my thread policing remark aimed at you, it's at the people who are asking others not to post here because of xyz console ownership related

Well tas I said before that’s the admins job. They are the ones who decide what’s acceptable or not. With that said your typical poster has no authority here so I wouldn’t worry about them.

As for me I’m always honest with what I like. Trying to pretend to be neutral only makes people mad which is why I don’t do that. As long as your honest with yourself then there shouldn’t be much of an issue.

Belthazar

Why the hell did they put someone from the UK to test the American service? He's literally streaming from servers across a freaking ocean, this whole video is such a mess.

solidus12

If you want to have Playstation full backwards compatibility: Get a Fat PS3 that's backwards compatible + a PS5 and you will get 5 generations of playstation.

Shifty

IGN trying to muscle in on that lucrative Digital Foundry mindshare eh.

Pass, I witness enough monkeys and typewriters while browsing GAF on the daily :messenger_poop:

Garbage as expected, can't imagine PS Premium making much sense to most people
It would be great to get multi-generational backwards compatibility without having to purchase the right to do so. It is pretty impressive to pop in a game purchased 10+ years ago and play it with higher resolution and framerate. Maybe one day Sony will add that value to their platform. There are several PlayStation 1 and 2 games I'd like to replay.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It would be great to get multi-generational backwards compatibility without having to purchase the right to do so.
If you bought it digitally you can play it still, the part of the argument about discs stands, but you know about the digital purchases right? …

Chukhopops

It’s weird because I actually used PSNow back in the days and the performance wasn’t quite as bad as what they showed on Motorstorm (tearing, sub-30fps). But streaming quality is always going to depend on many factors.

What made PS3 streaming worse is that many games from that era actually have « native » input lag and they will never feel good once you add streaming delay on top.

MScarpa

I haven't streamed any games since the switch over from PS NOW. Is there any differences people are seeing with older titles?

Top Bottom