• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there a free trial for Playstation Plus Premium?

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
So, I haven't really kept up with all the changes Sony has made to their subscriptions services. I wanted to try PS Now for a few PS3 classics but it seems the service has merged with the Playstation Plus Premium tier now. There used to be a 1-month trial for PS Now but there doesn't seem to be one for the Premium tier (or any tier for that matter). Last time I tried PS Now, the connection was ass and the lag made fast-paced games and even most games unplayable for me. This was a few years ago though and I'm hopeful the service has improved but before giving any of my money, I want to see how it actually performs for me now.

Is there a trial somewhere for the Premium tier so I can at least see how PS3 streaming performs now? Can a friend invite me or something? Been looking online and searched on their website but came up empty.

Thanks, broskis.

Edit: Bonus question, it seems the PS3 store is still open but I cannot access it from the website. Do I need my PS3 to access PS3 games available for purchase?

Last edited:

Aion002

I dunno if this still works:

Now about ps store on the ps3, I think you can only buy the digital games with the console and you also need to add funds first on the account (with the web page, ps app, ps4 or ps5), since you can't use paypal and credit cards on the ps3 store anymore.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I dunno if this still works:

Now about ps store on the ps3, I think you can only buy the digital games with the console and you also need to add funds first on the account (with the web page, ps app, ps4 or ps5), since you can't use paypal and credit cards on the ps3 store anymore.
Nope. Doesn't work. But I did get a nice little ad that if I purchase a PS5 from Sony directly, I get 14 days of Free PS Plus Premium.

K' Dash

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

Top Bottom