• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN France Edidtor in Chief melts down after the headquarter apology: Stellar Blade is literally killing women

laynelane

Of course not.

Methinks this guy is the one that has a problem with women.

No well adjusted male is going to think twice about playing a sexy video game character and compare that to a living breathing loving women in his life.

However, a person that has an unhealthy relationship women and about women may say things like “we can’t have characters like this in video games because they will get beat.” A sane person doesn’t think of this. One that has real issues with women…would.

The fact that he equated attractive women in video games with violence towards women is deeply unsettling. Right down to specific examples. Agreed that it says a lot about him and what it's saying is chilling.

Boglin

What's even more funny is that Euros used to laugh at Americans for being such prudes. America did such a good job of exporting its culture that we're now at this point LOL.
It was an inevitable outcome. The prudish, PC culture that's been festering in American media pairs well with France's preference to police speech in real life.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Do we ever get solid numbers on all these people literally dying from things deemed unwoke, I mean we get told that trans and LGBT folk are all dying, women are now all dying. I'm sure PoC are all dying too.

So like...

Surely there'd be stats coming out about these mass murders and deaths?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Fam, their wife has a dick.

images

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
You know what lads ? I'm already sick and tired of this game's "controversy" - and it's not even out yet.
Fuck "politics", fuck click-bait articles/opinions, fuck our Western "sensibilities", fuck everything.

I'm middle-aged so it's most probably a generational thing but fuck me, how are these people even able to breath i'll never understand.

This, for me, is a literal case of "I just can't"

zapiks44

That comic sums it up perfectly. Whoever drew that, I tip my hat to you.

By the way, the reason they keep doing this is because those characters still become popular and well-liked in spite of their initial pushback. Therefore, if they persist in complaining about them after they've become popular, then they'd be admitting to their own weakness and irrelevancy, which they will never do.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

This exact sort of hysteria is exactly why everything is so awful these days.

Sexy female characters are not "hurting women" anymore than Conan The Barbarian in a loincloth is hurting men.
Conan inspired whole generations of men to keep saying:

“To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.”

Now I use it in my business objectives presentations and this probably killed millions of people by now.

48d6907b434d75eac857ddd91269a6f1.jpg

Top Bottom