• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just...I just want to give a shout out to Playground Games. And maybe appologize to some of you...

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Alright, there are a lot of people in here who really love Forza Horizon.

I myself loved the first game. Driving around parts of Colorado and Utah in a Pugani while listening to some amazing tunes was unforgettable. It's definitely one of my favorite racing games.

BUT

I've been playing through Horizon 2 recently. Actually started it 2 years ago and dropped it. Started it back up again to finish it... but recently dropped it again. I don't know what it is... I mean... I'm going to say I don't like it... compared to the first one that is.

Does nyone know why that might be? I would explain more... but I'm curious to hear what ya'll think of Horizon 2 compared to the rest of the series.

TLZ

Banned
giphy.gif

lmao just playing with you man. That's very good of you :)

TwiztidElf

Don't get me wrong, I think FH3 is a great game and I like it a lot. And parts of it aren't far from where I live, and they're very similar to rl.
But
Driving lines are the worst thing to happen to racing games, and suck a lot of the fun out of them. It turns racing games into QTE games.

Folks say well if you don't like the driving line, just turn it off!
But that's not how it works. Driving line is part of the design of the game at that point, and devs rely on it too much, then don't really adjust the pov, road layout, etc to provide proper tells on corners.
PGR2 and PGR4 were both better than any Forza Horizon game.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I think Sony fucked up DriveClub, it would easily dethrone Forza Horizon if made open world and customization. GT7 feels to stiff and serious for most gamers, and arcady racer would boost PS5 sales even more. GRID used to be PS4 console seller as well here.

I love The Crew, although it has plenty of flaws.

Drive clubs driving felt incredibly stiff and wasn't that good. The reason why it became so popular was because there was a drought of racing games on PS4.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Drive clubs driving felt incredibly stiff and wasn't that good. The reason why it became so popular was because there was a drought of racing games on PS4.

Drought? NFS, The Crew, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, GRID, WRC, Nascar, Dirt Rally, GT Sport, etc:

Well, it's your opinion, and respected.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Alright, there are a lot of people in here who really love Forza Horizon.

I myself loved the first game. Driving around parts of Colorado and Utah in a Pugani while listening to some amazing tunes was unforgettable. It's definitely one of my favorite racing games.

BUT

I've been playing through Horizon 2 recently. Actually started it 2 years ago and dropped it. Started it back up again to finish it... but recently dropped it again. I don't know what it is... I mean... I'm going to say I don't like it... compared to the first one that is.

Does nyone know why that might be? I would explain more... but I'm curious to hear what ya'll think of Horizon 2 compared to the rest of the series.
Guess you don't like it and that's fine. Even though 3 is massive improvement....for me it was return to place, I have been cheris

I...uh...

what?
Just woke up? Me too.

Don't get me wrong, I think FH3 is a great game and I like it a lot. And parts of it aren't far from where I live, and they're very similar to rl.
But
Driving lines are the worst thing to happen to racing games, and suck a lot of the fun out of them. It turns racing games into QTE games.

Folks say well if you don't like the driving line, just turn it off!
But that's not how it works. Driving line is part of the design of the game at that point, and devs rely on it too much, then don't really adjust the pov, road layout, etc to provide proper tells on corners.
PGR2 and PGR4 were both better than any Forza Horizon game.
I don't agree, I always turn it off and I don't see how does it effect gameplay in any way? Games let you crash into tree and from first place you are now on the last, so how does that helps you in anything?

TriSuit666

Banned
The intro sequence to Horizon 4 is just legit a distillation of how fucking good an intro to a game can be that introduces the game concepts and sets out the world you’ll be playing in at the same time.

Its so good, I play it at least once a week on its own outside the main game.

Just a bloody shame, Microsoft saw fit never to release Fred V & Grafix’s final Magnus Opus before they split up.

Wizz-Art

At the OP the name you mean is Thijs Verwest so fix that typo or whatever it was. And Playground are the undisputed kings of the so called simcade racing games no doubt.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I was extremely skeptical of FH when it first was announced. I just didn't get it. Then I played it. Easily the best racing games last and this gen.

Me too. It was actually my son who got me into the series. He loved 1 & 2 so much. He just raved about them constantly. I was like "Open world racing? Yeah, ok dude. Have fun" But then he insisted that I play 3 with him. So I did. Then I understood.

Needless to say, I was there day one for Horizon 4.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
The intro sequence to Horizon 4 is just legit a distillation of how fucking good an intro to a game can be that introduces the game concepts and sets out the world you’ll be playing in at the same time.

Its so good, I play it at least once a week on its own outside the main game.

Just a bloody shame, Microsoft saw fit never to release Fred V & Grafix’s final Magnus Opus before they split up.

The best Xbox game, other xbox studios should learn to meet that level.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
At the OP the name you mean is Thijs Verwest so fix that typo or whatever it was. And Playground are the undisputed kings of the so called simcade racing games no doubt.

Maybe you like FM more, but so far Gran Turismo is like the FIFA of sim racing, and FiA certified. Personally I don't like current GT that much and feels dull.

Wizz-Art

Maybe you like FM more, but so far Gran Turismo is like the FIFA of sim racing, and FiA certified. Personally I don't like current GT that much and feels dull.

Playground are the creators of the Forza Horizon series, Turn 10 does the Forza Motorsports series, nonetheless in my eyes FM surpassed GT since they dropped the 3rd one. That's also the time when I decided to ditch the PS brand as the only PS exclusive I always played and liked was GT. With FM being and getting better every iteration there wasn't a reason anymore to go multi consoles this gen. They may have the FIA certification, I guess that's something and maybe the game is even good despite the MC being arround the 75 mark which does imply it's worse then FM7 but an issue I also have is PD taking a long ass time to even release one game a generation when in the meantime I enjoyed 3 FM games. To each their own. The Forza Horizon series however are a league of their own.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Playground are the creators of the Forza Horizon series, Turn 10 does the Forza Motorsports series, nonetheless in my eyes FM surpassed GT since they dropped the 3rd one. That's also the time when I decided to ditch the PS brand as the only PS exclusive I always played and liked was GT. With FM being and getting better every iteration there wasn't a reason anymore to go multi consoles this gen. They may have the FIA certification, I guess that's something and maybe the game is even good despite the MC being arround the 75 mark which does imply it's worse then FM7 but an issue I also have is PD taking a long ass time to even release one game a generation when in the meantime I enjoyed 3 FM games. To each their own. The Forza Horizon series however are a league of their own.

I like FM7 more than GT Sport by the look of it, but I think the cockpit drive is quite neat in GT Sport. I think you are so into racing games, wait until you see PSVR2 with GT7 and see the reviews, maybe you'll consider it by then.

I preferred the DriveClub physics, sound, graphics and atmosphere. But that game is very small and lacks a lot.

M1chl

The best Xbox game, other xbox studios should learn to meet that level.
Hardly any studios meets their level*, if any...and based on my visit, it's because of working environment and talented people who goes back to the times I drag duck on my front yard. And their synergy is amazing.

*not based on Metacritic, but based on quality™

Hey and umm, can you just buy the game, so we can get from time to time some race?

I like FM7 more than GT Sport....
Wait, why?

Correctected, sorry, google sucks. They put some shitty characters to be pronnouced normally in English.

Me too. It was actually my son who got me into the series. He loved 1 & 2 so much. He just raved about them constantly. I was like "Open world racing? Yeah, ok dude. Have fun" But then he insisted that I play 3 with him. So I did. Then I understood.

Needless to say, I was there day one for Horizon 4.
#meToo

AND you know what motherfuckers? Forza Horizon should not be bound to platform. It bonds people together. This could very well be their next Minecraft, if they pull their head out of their asses. But with that said, with my visit I ask for this thing and I've been told, that no company other than MS could fund this. That was meant with engine and shit like that.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Wait, why?

From the trailers (early ones before release, not sure if the game stayed the same) FM7 looked more lively. Loved the shaky wings as well. Recent footage of GT Sport seem to be better, but not to my taste. Will give GT7 a try.

M1chl

From the trailers (early ones before release, not sure if the game stayed the same) FM7 looked more lively. Loved the shaky wings as well. Recent footage of GT Sport seem to be better, but not to my taste. Will give GT7 a try.
Ohh yes, I played the FM7 demo just before X1X came out and it felt really good in rain. But it does not have physics of GT7 that's for sure. But based on what I played, FM7 seems like more fun game, and in simulator-ish games I think that matters, because sims are generally shit in one thing "the feel". I am living 90kms away from Nürburgring and I was present as a driver and as a "shotgun"" with some skilled people there. The RUSH you feel, arcades captures far better. I still remeber that day I was behind the wheel of aventador with co-pilot who told me the speed, breaks, cornering, etc. AMAZING experience. Aside from no manual transmission. Which I am i used to.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Ohh yes, I played the FM7 demo just before X1X came out and it felt really good in rain. But it does not have physics of GT7 that's for sure. But based on what I played, FM7 seems like more fun game, and in simulator-ish games I think that matters, because sims are generally shit in one thing "the feel". I am living 90kms away from Nürburgring and I was present as a driver and as a "shotgun"" with some skilled people there. The RUSH you feel, arcades captures far better. I still remeber that day I was behind the wheel of aventador with co-pilot who told me the speed, breaks, cornering, etc. AMAZING experience. Aside from no manual transmission. Which I am i used to.

I... ENVY... YOU...:lollipop_crying:

DON'T... TALK... TO... ME... :lollipop_crying:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Hey, how are you? Did you hear about glorious infidel* country of Czech republic? : D

*we can make fun of that right?

lol, of course I know Czech Republic. :messenger_winking_tongue:

The department of the whole region police is 1.5km from home, skipped speed for off roading.

DSC-2800.jpg

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

The series is amazing even though I don’t like the direction of the later games and find the actual racing a bit boring. The games are always beautiful and have an unrivaled car selection and unique expansions.

I just want more of a challenge in my arcade racing.

Last edited:

M1chl

If it had Nissan Patrol I would've bought it day one. I checked the whole car list before, lol.
Well I've Czeched and it has a lot of Datsun's,even off-road once, but not Patrol. When I was a kid I wished that we had Patrol like you have, I am not much of an off road guy, because out our biggest hill, is 1602m above see, elderly people walk there normally. I am in in the low lands and that's still 400m above see, so yeah, not much difference here.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Well I've Czeched and it has a lot of Datsun's,even off-road once, but not Patrol. When I was a kid I wished that we had Patrol like you have, I am not much of an off road guy, because out our biggest hill, is 1602m above see, elderly people walk there normally. I am in in the low lands and that's still 400m above see, so yeah, not much difference here.

There was I think a cartel game that had some Patrol police cars in it on PS4, like the series of Narcos, lol. Still waiting for a worth playable patrol, other than the cheap mods on GTA that don't attract me. :messenger_winking_tongue: If you come here you'll have my patrol to test it.

M1chl

There was I think a cartel game that had some Patrol police cars in it on PS4, like the series of Narcos, lol. Still waiting for a worth playable patrol, other than the cheap mods on GTA that don't attract me. :messenger_winking_tongue: If you come here you'll have my patrol to test it.
Ther are DLC's as a free upgrade pretty much every month, or at least in payed version, but I want you to have it so we can play : D

M1chl

Not a bad idea :messenger_winking_tongue: But have to do it on PC and I don't have the dongle for PS4 controller.
That's a bluetooth, which you probably have or you could plug your controller in, you know.

It's still not going to be as good as with Ybox controller with impulse trigger, DOE

M1chl

Those girls would rather use the thick DualSense with the intense haptic feedback instead of overrated pieces of meat. :messenger_winking_tongue:
Meh, they get meatier thing over thin one, with more vibrations, just don't kid yourself : P

I just...leave it in here.
jecjtMm.png
I also like that people in here probably think that I showing of the graphics, when the right corner was important.

M1chl

They're world class at beer, terrible at wine, and definitely give their spirits (Slivovice, Becherovka and Absinthe) a wide berth if you value your head in the morning.
Ohh how I could have skip through this comment, I agree, I probably did not drank more than 0.5l beer in my life. But I drank a lot of "presidential drink" Becherovka a lot, it's like a mixed drink with 38% of alcohol and that probably broke me.

Real sad that ppl can't seem to handle their liquor anymore.

Hey not everyone has the brain like you, this was me:
Well I did not find the video, it was to me post way back then by Tesseract Tesseract

But when I touch the alcohol, the urge to drink more is comparable to urge to go to toilet after a long class.

Last edited:

MCplayer

Yup, meant if they went open world with their insane mechanics. It's a wonderful mix of sim and arcade. Here watch

I think it's the most gorgeous car game out there with the best sounds and mechanics, and insane graphics while still not having PS4 Pro patch.

Forgot to say "potentially dethroning".

I don't disagree with you, Forza Horizon games are amazing, even if I've never touched the game ever before.

Driveclub is the best graphicly but definitly not the best in Sound or gameplay, imo Dirt rally 2.0 sounds are just top notch

Last edited:

SaucyJack

My first week in Prague (I worked there late 90s) I had lunch with the boss in the “executive dining room” and they broke out the Becherovka at the end of the meal. I was absolutely wrecked. I really dislike the taste of it too.

Many a weekend was lost drinking Slivovice at a friends chata.

M1chl

My first week in Prague (I worked there late 90s) I had lunch with the boss in the “executive dining room” and they broke out the Becherovka at the end of the meal. I was absolutely wrecked. I really dislike the taste of it too.

Many a weekend was lost drinking Slivovice at a friends chata.
Slivovice is like 60-80% of Ethanol, nothing comes close to that tho. I liked the sweet taste, not going to lie. And our president is dependent on it, so I guess I am true patriot : D

For others "chata" means "weekend house"

SaucyJack

Slivovice is like 60-80% of Ethanol, nothing comes close to that tho. I liked the sweet taste, not going to lie. And our president is dependent on it, so I guess I am true patriot : D

For others "chata" means "weekend house"

I’ve met your president, back when he was just the leader of the ČSSD. He was very very drunk 🤣

Top Bottom