• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't see how anyone could give 343 a chance on Halo Infinite after Halo 5. They have made only one tolerable game in their entire existence.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
There will always be a special place in my heart for Bungie Halo. In fact I could probably play those games forever more. But yeah, 343 are just about on their last chance over here.

Banned
There will always be a special place in my heart for Bungie Halo. In fact I could probably play those games forever more. But yeah, 343 are just about on their last chance over here.

they are. if Infinite is another let down I think 343i is done.

at that point I actually would expect Microsoft to completely close down all the game development at 343i and either outsource the IP or give it to one of their other studios.

but given that weird no sprint, no clamber playlist and the possibility of it being a stealth beta test for Infinite... I have hopes...
because thrusters and stabilisers are actually the 2 Spartan abilities I would have no issue keeping because they don't limit your movement at all any only expand on it with basically no downside.

all I would want is for the boosters in Infinite to not limit your ability to shoot. in H5 thrusters will stop you from shooting, get rid if that fact and IMO it would be perfect

As long as multiplayer is as good as Halo 5 with better graphics, I'll still play it. Not that I'm not expecting more, but 5 was my favorite multiplayer of the gen. Great gameplay, most balanced sandbox of any Halo (and most varied), 60fps, skill ranks, etc.

If they make the campaign better in Infinite it will be a really solid game, and I'm pretty confident they will. OP is a trainwreck.

Dane

they are. if Infinite is another let down I think 343i is done.

at that point I actually would expect Microsoft to completely close down all the game development at 343i and either outsource the IP or give it to one of their other studios.

but given that weird no sprint, no clamber playlist and the possibility of it being a stealth beta test for Infinite... I have hopes...
because thrusters and stabilisers are actually the 2 Spartan abilities I would have no issue keeping because they don't limit your movement at all any only expand on it with basically no downside.

all I would want is for the boosters in Infinite to not limit your ability to shoot. in H5 thrusters will stop you from shooting, get rid if that fact and IMO it would be perfect

Nah, they wouldn't close down, that would be a waste, they would probably remove the IP from them.

Phase

343i is sincere in their making of Halo it's not their fault Microsoft's consoles have been a disaster, Masterchief collection on PC has been a huge success.
So you're blaming 343's failures on the console...

What sells consoles? Games. It's not the other way around.

MCC has been a success because they're fun games to play. 343 may be sincere in the making of THEIR Halo, but that hasn't led to a great game. Their underwhelming releases are the fault of their studio, not the console.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
we gansta relase awl da haros n u KNOW peepol wheel bye dem

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Even if halo was not successful (which it will be) MS is more likely to let 343 work on a brand new project rather than kick them out of the MS house.

Seems the pressure got to the mods and they edited the title after all. But calling 343 idiots may have bit just a bit much I'll admit.

VertigoOA

Banned
They’re not idiots. They’re hacks.

You did no wrong with your initial post. 343 is a garbage studio that can’t even steal other people’s work competently.

Last edited:
Top Bottom