• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

how soon will Microsoft get Xbox 360 CPU and GPU on 65nm ?

xexex

Banned
and thus, reduce power requirement (perhaps not needing that brick of a power adaptor) and less heat , and be more reliable ?

ive decided to wait until the first major revision of Xbox 360. not a new design like slim PStwo, just a normal Xbox360 with refined motherboard, 65nm chips, etc.

It's been said that MS will have a new Xbox360 motherboard every year.

Blazyr

Getting to the 65nm process has been a pretty big stumbling block so far -- just ask Intel.

But, I've sort of been thinking the same thing with regard to seeing if I could hold out until they get down to that since I've felt the heat coming off the back of these things running all day (and it's a lot easier to wait when you've got access to them at work).

I'd guess that it will be long enough into next year that if you're already thinking you want a 360 it will be pretty hard to wait.

xexex

Banned
I wouldn't mind waiting. then again i probably wont make it.

maybe i'll get get one Xbox 360 in Q1 2006 (i was planning to get 2) and hold off on the other one until 65nm arrives with a cooler running, more stable Xbox 360. and perhaps a pricedrop since PS3 will have arrived by then.

BioFan

get 360 now and get ebgames 1 yr warranty....return the system next year to get the new improved one...that's what I'm doing... :D

Top Bottom