• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much would it take to buy every game/system/prototype ever?

Me and my friend were discussing how expensive some games are (particularly Neo Geo) and it got me thinking, how much money would it take to buy every single system/game/prototype known to man? Just one copy each not all copys, and the rarest edition of every game.

Amir0x

Banned
I just put up an ebay auction for every game ever made up until now, you can participate if you want. Current bid is up to $156

Speevy

Banned
Well, let's say you want to buy 1,000 PS2 games at an average price of I dunno, $30. So that's $30,000.

And then...hey wait there are way too many variables to consider.

Stench

Banned
Synbios459 said:
how much money would it take to buy every single system/game/prototype known to man?
loldz0.jpg

Stet

Banned
For that matter, could Miyamoto design a game so creative, wacky and downright self-aware that even he would seem unoriginal and bland in comparison?

Whoaaaaaaa

ShinNL

If you really want to crack your brain, include every unique arcade board as well.
:lol yes I'm the devil

C4Lukins

If we took every review score, for every single game ever made, and added them up, I wonder how big that number would be.......

Speevy

Banned
What's the total number of cats in every game ever made, excluding those made in California, England, or Korea?

c*v*es3{eis+54}+19ty/4*65
----------------------------
958{89659*ec}/{59*aq}/2

c; being all games
v; being all consoles
es; being regions
the rest is in there for fun

C4Lukins

davepoobond said:
every web site, too?

Yes all of them. And of course games with letter grades like A or B would be given a numerical value. Same with games that get check minuses or check plus, or check plus plus. I bet the number would be really big.

C4Lukins

Speevy said:
What's the total number of cats in every game ever made, excluding those made in California, England, or Korea?

I only have the worldwide numbers. I'll see what I can do about removing those particular regions, but it will take a couple of years. Of course it will be all out of date by then, because more games with cats are bound to be made.

Probably hard to put any close price frame, some games just keep increasing in price as time goes on. But if I had to guess I'd say over a hundred million at least.. for EVERY game.

Hey guys, I wonder how much it would cost to buy every single unique unit of an arbitrary product ever created. Let's have an at-length intellectual discussion about this providing research and evidence to back up our claims. This is not a ridiculous proposition whatsoever.

Also, the answer is 6 zillion dollars.

Furoba

1 million dead kitty souls.

The question would rather be, would you be able to buy everything in the first place?

Dude, if you've got that much time and money on your hands, have children (if you can) or adopt. At least they'll love you back.

Somebody needs to post those photos of the attic with the aisles of bookshelves and even the floor filled with games.

Rydias

Are you buying these consoles used or in "like-new" still in original packages.

Also, if you buy used, do you shop around? Is the point to spend the least amount of money? Maybe "X" pawn shop two blocks down has "X" game for $3 cheaper...but does that justify the usage of gas?

And are you getting instruction booklets?

If yes to instruction booklets, what about guidebooks? Do you buy only the official guidebook or all iterations?

And what about peripherials? What marks the thin line for a pocketstation being a peripherial and being a handheld?

Are you including off-brand consoles, like the Tiger brand one-game handhelds?

If yes, does this include poker and solitaire, etc. handhelds?

And if you're including off brands, does this then accept homebrew games?

If you accept homebrew games, what about game ideas? Would my 8th grade notebook count?

C4Lukins said:
I only have the worldwide numbers. I'll see what I can do about removing those particular regions, but it will take a couple of years. Of course it will be all out of date by then, because more games with cats are bound to be made.

Especially Nintencats

Rydias

Joe Molotov said:
I'd buy that for a dollar!

"More cash! More prizes! I love it!" **Popping eyebrows/eyes shifting view from one set of boobs to the other**

Or maybe you're not quoting Super Smash T.V., but rather Robocop?

just master an ALL materia and sell it for 1,4 million gil. Keep doing this until you have a lot of money and buy everything.

Top Bottom