• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How fast is your internet?

hX1LNZz.jpg

Happy with it considering where I live

FgLlSZ5.jpg
Isn't that where they're going to de-orbit the International Space Station?

daveonezero

Banned
100 to 200 down
10-20 up.

My own modem and router. Wired 4k TV for streaming. Can stream 3-4 HD. Or a 4k and regular traffic no problem.

Last edited:

Setzer

I live out in the middle of nowhere and the fastest I could get up until a couple months ago was 20mbps via DSL but I just recently switched to 5G T-Mobile and now I'm getting almost 200mbps which is great for streaming but latency sucks ass for gaming.

daveonezero

Banned
I live out in the middle of nowhere and the fastest I could get up until a couple months ago was 20mbps via DSL but I just recently switched to 5G T-Mobile and now I'm getting almost 200mbps which is great for streaming but latency sucks ass for gaming.
Yeah I’ll take a lower speed stable with less latency all day.

I may switch to Starlink though because I don’t game much and like the idea of having a great mobile internet out in the wilderness

Setzer

Yeah I’ll take a lower speed stable with less latency all day.

I may switch to Starlink though because I don’t game much and like the idea of having a great mobile internet out in the wilderness

Yeah, I have 6 people living with me and everyone using their own devices(tv's, phones, computers, etc..) and sharing a 20mbps connection wasn't working lol, so I sacrificed lower latency for more bandwidth.

At least I don't do any competitive online gaming, it's mostly just MMO's and my latency on 5G runs anywhere from 40-60ms.

Top Bottom