• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How fast is your internet?

Did a speed test today and was shocked to see how fast it is with my VPN off. I don't do a lot of downloading/uploading so it's kind of a waste.

xPlu0so.png

Trunx81

Es

(Besides making a joke: 100mbit. Fastest I can get here in this area and enough for everything)

Last edited:

Irobot82

Supposed to be 1000/20

Usually get around 300-600. I need a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem but I don't want to spend the money. ATT just laid fiber in my yard a few months ago and put a switch across the street. So I'm just waiting for them to actually offer it and make the switch.

Banned
InD7tnV.png

40€ a month

I'm on a really old contract... I really have to look into getting better speeds soon. so far it's fast enough for me... like a full game download is less than an hour even for the biggest games, and that's fine for my tastes...
but I think I'm paying too much for it these days compared to newer offers by my ISP

Last edited:

jm89

150mb symmetric

All neighboring houses have paper thin walls so whatever frequency and channel i use i get wifi inference, that makes sure i never those speeds over wifi.

Gonna have to upgrade to wifi 6 router, and hopefully neighbors don't follow.

Last edited:

casnix

UoO4j6s.png

$30 T-Mobile Home Internet

I was paying $100 for about the same speeds with Spectrum. 😑

I wish we had fiber but I live in the White Mountains of NH, so that isn’t happening anytime soon.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
Currently 1000/40 unlimited via Comcast for 130$ monthly

Next week 1000/1000 unlimited via AT&T for 80$ monthly

My 2yr promo price for Comcast expired and they won't budge on the pricing again so I'm switching.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
2.5gb/s so more or less what is in the OP, internet isn't really prepared for this speed.

pesaddict

Banned
yeeBE84.png

I hope to upgrade to 1 gigabit in a few months.

That is a damn good price.
Yeah virgin media were taking the piss £57 for 500mb told them to do one

Come with free wifi 6 router do wireless i hit 600-700mb

Last edited:

OZ9000

Banned
Yeah virgin media were taking the piss £57 for 500mb told them to do one
I am using Virgin Media at present. However most ISPs are no better tbh. BT charge extortionate prices for 900mbit.

The 'new' ISPs only appear to be available in London!

pesaddict

Banned
I am using Virgin Media at present. However most ISPs are no better tbh. BT charge extortionate prices for 900mbit.

The 'new' ISPs only appear to be available in London!
Slowly theres more and more new isp's popping up if head over to avforums couple of users trying out gigaclear, youfibre and giganet

dorkimoe

1gig up and 1 gig down.

I looked into 2 gig, but i would literally have to spend so much to replace all my network cards and switch/hub

ahtlas7

DSL in Brussels so ‘fast’ doesn’t enter the equation. Cost is almost equal to what I paid for fiber in TX.

Last edited:

The Stig

speed1.jpg

Its lovely. Got it last year, such an upgrade.

I know it's nothing special compared to some of the others posted here but look how the upload speed is almost the same as download....

PSlayer

300mbps down/100mbps up for around $25. It's more than enough for what i need(streaming platforms,browsing,youtube and downloading games). I'm actually shocked how good my upload is.

Top Bottom