• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How fast is your internet?

Danknugz

200mbit down not sure what up. I only pay for 100mbit but they doubled my speed recently.

also, didn't want to be that guy but people need to remember that a lower case b = megabits and an upper case B = megaBYTES.

8 bits = 1 bytes

100mbit is approx 12MB/sec with roughly 4% txp overhead

It's x 1000 / 8. It is in bites not bytes

You said 2.5gb/s (not counted in bits) then said gigabites (not gigabits)

It seemed like you were referring to gigabytes by gb/s and thinking gigabites sounds like gigabytes

Last edited:

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Everyone in Australia

I Cant See Dont Look GIF by ABC Network

Well, we do need better uploads that's for sure.

14156808610.png

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
When I press button. Something happens. Sometime instantly sometime it take while. Depends on shoe and sleep/recovery

Rayderism

Mbits....about 370 down, 12 up. Spectrum in USA. Unlimited.

You guys really need to mention what country you're in. That matters. USA classically has crap speeds.

my home broadband on my PC connected with ethernet directly to my router:

lPHBox0.jpg

and with VPN on:

arP1J0i.jpg

my phone on 5G with 3 bars pressed against my window:

2V5sGt1.jpg

sitting in my room at my desk my phone will do about maybe 30Mb/s on 5G (if I can get a 5G signal). Outside walking to work 5G can hit 510Mb/s no problem.

Paying £53/month for the broadband (no cap) and £8/month for my phone plan (5GB cap)

Honestly I don't need faster internet than this. I could get 1GB/s internet if i wanted but £53/month is already too bloody expensive as it is and I don't want to drop to 125Mb/s which is the next tier down.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
What device did you take that speed test from PonyStation4 PonyStation4 ?

I get 1350mb down and 48ish up with Xfinity Gigabit plus. That's their fastest speed here in the states

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
236 down

51 up

It's good enough for me. Have access to gigabit but don't see a reason to pay the extra.

intbal

My provider tells me it's 400Mb.
Meanwhile, I have never gotten a speed test result that exceeded 44Mb.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Verizon Fios. I am guaranteed something like 800 Mbps down, 300 Mbps up, but I routinely hit the cap of 1 Gbps while downloading, and have uploaded files to work or Azure at rates well above 300 Mbps. No datacaps of course.

Thanks to the discounts I get for being in healthcare and an arrangement with my employer, it's only $50 a month now. No hidden fees or taxes or anything added.

ramuh

Had comcast but they kept getting data cap notices. Switched to DSL (lol...what is this....early 2000s??). Centurylink. I'm close to DSLAM so I can get twisted pair.140mb down/ 20mb up.
40 bucks, locked in for life. No data caps.

Have a full fam on internet, no problem with anything.

Although, looking at it now I can get 400 down for 55 bux (unlimited). Hmm.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
cFPBd2x.png

$70/month. Rural WiFi. Point-to-point internet. No other choice other than capped Satellite. Starlink not available yet. FML
This was us a few years ago. Paying for $80 for 50, but actually getting 13mbps average and data caps.

Thankfully fiber got installed. Now it's $60/month for 100mbps up & down, with no data caps.

On the plus side, literally everything else is better than living in the city brother. Take in the fresh air.

anthony2690

Banned
I thought my 250-320mbps & 40mbps upload was good (advertised as 500)

But damn, how much is your internet and where in the world you getting it from?! I want it 🥺

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
This was us a few years ago. Paying for $80 for 50, but actually getting 13mbps average and data caps.

Thankfully fiber got installed. Now it's $60/month for 100mbps up & down, with no data caps.

On the plus side, literally everything else is better than living in the city brother. Take in the fresh air.
It's nice being outside of town; the nearest neighbor is about a half mile away. Although the surrounding land has been sold, and they're installing wind turbines, they're an eye sore, and you can hear them at night, a constant whooshing sound. So I'm probably going to be moving.

Top Bottom