• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn PC Footage

ACESHIGH

Banned
As long as I can get 1440p 30 fps on original settings on my fx 6300 8gb ram rx 580 and SSD I'll be fine for now.
I was expecting 1800p 30 fps but what can you do.

If it's playable I won't refund it. I am not sure about the outage from pc gamers on steam. For some reason nier automata was a success on pc despite being the worst port ever and having no post launch support from square.

When I play PC HZD tomorrow, I'll analyze the differences between "Classic" and "Ultra" modes in the game. This will give us a picture at what the dev team was able to add with the extra GPU power on the PC.

Fucking hell, don't say that. None of us are going to be getting a wink of sleep tonight because of all the excitement ...

TitusTroy

I thought the developers originally said that the PC version would not have an FOV slider as it would compromise the gameplay experience or something along those lines...

VFXVeteran

Banned
Fucking hell, don't say that. None of us are going to be getting a wink of sleep tonight because of all the excitement ...

Digital Foundry already did what I was going to do. Looks like there are some really expensive 3D features on that game. I'm curious what sacrifices they will have to make with their sequel.

BlackTron

Nah fuck that noise.

I don't want the top end PC setting options to disappear because a few snowflake PC gamers complain about not being able to max stuff out on their mid-tier rigs.

One of the best things about PC gaming is returning to old games with new hardware and being able to max them out without any problems when you'd previously run into framerate issues.

I agree with this, more options are always better. Why max it out, just to make people on a 1060 feel all fuzzy inside because they got "the best"? Is the "PC Master Race" turning into a bunch of pussies??

I'm curious what sacrifices they will have to make with their sequel.

Dude, you're a real downer, you know that? I mean, why do you have to be so negative about everything all the time? You know the flaws I noticed when I played H:ZD on my base PS4? None. I was too busy enjoying a great game.

Seriously, is there anything you like? Do you actually like games? All you ever seem to do is pick things apart to find their flaws.

What's your deal?

ShaikhCroft

I heard a rumor that there's a 35GB launch day patch incoming! Could that be true?

It would suck for me cause of bloody net speed!

VFXVeteran

Banned
Dude, you're a real downer, you know that? I mean, why do you have to be so negative about everything all the time? You know the flaws I noticed when I played H:ZD on my base PS4? None. I was too busy enjoying a great game.

Seriously, is there anything you like? Do you actually like games? All you ever seem to do is pick things apart to find their flaws.

What's your deal?

I love videogames. But I also like to see how they measure up to the best graphics tech presented by that one game that tries to do all 3d graphics features. I don't mind a games graphics at all from this gen on to the next one.

you get experience for the skill three and new "amulets" to upgrade both weapons and armors by killing new and strong beasts.

and the challenges gave you the strongest weapons in the vanilla game and dlc if you get all gold results.

Agreed, game mechanics-wise, those are helpful, and the beast areas are great for the tutorial challenges (which give a LOT of XP and encourage you to try out the weapons' abilities), but they just felt like filler and not good filler (it's not like the beast areas are well-designed encounters, they're just beasts lumped together unlike the Cauldrons).

I probably should have clarified, since I care more about the story/narrative, stuff, but even things like the Vantage story didn't really shed light on the main story like I'd hoped. Also, collecting coffee mugs was a minor plus in that the activity felt "funny" (ha ha if only Aloy knew what they really were ha ha - meh in terms of a joke), but it also felt lame in how forced it seemed - all the "collection" merchants are basically waiting in the center of Meridian to complete the activities, which make them feel even more forced. But yeah, you can get good game mechanic bonuses for doing them, but that didn't validate the gameiness of their presence.

I felt the DLC was better, but it still had some of the filler elements (which you can't avoid). The "DAEMON trees" for example, did feel tie to the story even though they were technically filler content.

Top Bottom