• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West State of Play announced for May 27th

Nubulax

isn't the game coming to ps4. I simply thought they had originally made it for ps4 and then decide to port/patch it to ps5 as well.

I thought they were working on that last of us 2 multiplayer. Plus now they are working on a last of us remaster and I'm guessing they are going to patch uncharted 4 and last of us2 for ps5. I wouldn't be surprised if their next new game doesn't come out until 2024. Plus covid.

Nobody has actually confirmed they are doing a Last of Us Remaster have they? As far as we know FOR SURE is they are working on Last of Us 2 Multiplayer

noise36

This was one open world game that I enjoyed enough to finish, didn't bother with the DLC but excited to see the next next gen iteration.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
giphy.gif
That ending killed me 💀💀

NahaNago

Nobody has actually confirmed they are doing a Last of Us Remaster have they? As far as we know FOR SURE is they are working on Last of Us 2 Multiplayer
Officially only the last of us2 multiplayer. The last of us remaster is hearsay. Supposedly a small crew was working on it and Naughty Dog decided they wanted to do it themselves.
This was one open world game that I enjoyed enough to finish, didn't bother with the DLC but excited to see the next next gen iteration.
Same. I rarely finish open world games. Bought the dlc but didn't actually play it.

ZehDon

Gold Member
I hope they bring some footage from the PS4 version as well. The first one didn't grab me, but I loved the world; if this one looks engaging I'd be happy to pick it up.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I hope they bring some footage from the PS4 version as well. The first one didn't grab me, but I loved the world; if this one looks engaging I'd be happy to pick it up.

This is the dumbest thing I've read in NeoGAF, and I've read all the 9 pages. /s

Have a great afternoon, sir. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Ezquimacore

Banned
Hopefully this time the open world is more interesting, last game was great but the open world was just a structure and not fun to explore/interact

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Hopefully this time the open world is more interesting, last game was great but the open world was just a structure and not fun to explore/interact

Indoors actually were pretty interesting to explore and caves, but outside I would want more from this and it's showing old ruins of San Francisco (I think) so hoping for interesting explorations inside those buildings.

Nubulax

I also want to add I would not be shocked if the game has a July or August release date, Its going to be a wild Thursday lol

Last edited:

Entroyp

I also want to add I would not be shocked if the game has a July or August release date, Its going to be a wild Thursday lol

We get Kena in August and Deathloop in September. July would be perfect.

Aren’t we eating good this year? If PS keeps this pace this year will rival 2001. All we need is Final Fantasy and GT 7 by the end of December.

Last edited:

CamHostage

I'm pretty positive they won't show PS4.

But if it's anything like Spider-Man Miles Morales, you'll watch the trailer and see a real nice and clear step-up on next-gen over the past game and you'll wonder how badly they'll have to compromise the downport to PS4... but then you'll finally see the past-gen version and you'll be surprised how much it kept up, with improvements over the last game (three years of time tends to do that) and even some tech you thought was only possible on next-gen being right there on the 10-year-old console.

(For instance, Spider-Man Miles Morales actually has the instant-transition from interiors to exteriors that seems only possible on PS5! Other PS4 loadtimes are long of course compared to the SSD but they did manage to make linear-level-to-open-world transitions even on PS4. Sackboy is different-but-good on PS4 as well, albeit it's not held up as a stunner on either platform.)

Other publishers tend to make me nervous in buying past-gen versions of new games, but so far Sony (and a few others; MS used to be real good at it too so I'm hopeful Halo Infinite will be strong on all platforms) has not shaken my confidence yet when considering a past-gen game purchase since I don't have next-gen yet.

RaySoft

Wasn't CGI. Says 'Captured on PS5' on every trailer and screenshot.
To be fair that just means the video was captured from a PS5 machine. If the cutscene was just a pre-rendered video, it’s still cgi even if the PS5’ playing it. The question is if those cutscenes were real-time or not.
I’d imagine almost all cutscenes this gen will be real-time though, since you no longer need to play a video to mask your data streaming in the background and all cutscene assets will be instantly available.

Last edited:

J_Gamer.exe

Cant wait to see this, we will finally see there was gameplay in there all along. The obvious bits where the camera is zoomed out whist riding for eg.

CamHostage

To be fair that just means the video was captured from a PS5 machine. If the cutscene was just a pre-rendered video, it’s still cgi even if the PS5’ playing it. The question is if those cutscenes were real-time or not.

OK, downgrades do happen unfortunately, but that'd be pretty dirty for them to have pressed play on a burned BD of CGI and say that it was "captured from a PS5." That must be some form of game engine for whatever's marked as captured from a PS5, although by "PS5" I'm sure they mean a devkit with the typical stats boost (since preview code is unoptimized) and by game engine I can't assume last year's trailer had any gameplay or interactivity to it in any way, just running cutscenes and capturing them to video.

We'll see tomorrow what the gap is between then and now (the visuals are still way out there from what most if not any other game developer has shown as in-engine and it's been almost a year now,) but I would be surprised if tomorrows footage calls an unfortunate lie on the original footage and screens. (Even still, that underwater shot... just, how?!)

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
I’d imagine almost all cutscenes this gen will be real-time though, since you no longer need to play a video to mask your data streaming in the background and all cutscene assets will be instantly available.
I would help shrink the game size too.

RaySoft

OK, downgrades do happen unfortunately, but that'd be pretty dirty for them to have pressed play on a burned BD of CGI and say that it was "captured from a PS5." That must be some form of game engine for whatever's marked as captured from a PS5, although by "PS5" I'm sure they mean a devkit with the typical stats boost (since preview code is unoptimized) and by game engine I can't assume last year's trailer had any gameplay or interactivity to it in any way, just running cutscenes and capturing them to video.

We'll see tomorrow what the gap is between then and now (the visuals are still way out there from what most if not any other game developer has shown as in-engine and it's been almost a year now,) but I would be surprised if tomorrows footage calls an unfortunate lie on the original footage and screens. (Even still, that underwater shot... just, how?!)
If that trailer wasn't real-time (not saying it isn't), they at least stated what they are aiming for in their final product, wich I truely believe they will accomplish. Hope they blow us away this thursday!

Last edited:

HYDE

Banned
Remembering the leap from Killzone 1 to 2 has my balls salivating. Imagine if it’s a similar leap between Horizon games.

zkorejo

I'm excited. First game was good. Solid 7 in my books. Second entries always tend to be better than the first. I'm curious about the plot.

With Ratchet, this and Ragnarok.. 2022 will be the year to get a ps5.

Top Bottom