• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West State of Play announced for May 27th

Neo_game

They did show the gameplay footage of the first game quite early as well. I wonder what else they have got as this was probably their biggest game to show ? I guess they have GOW trailer ready as well for later

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
deilhmh-43e5e14d-f1c7-4433-a697-a10f270b0b00.gif
Your a special kind of filth, i like it :messenger_beaming:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
They did show the gameplay footage of the first game quite early as well. I wonder what else they have got as this was probably their biggest game to show ? I guess they have GOW trailer ready as well for later
my guess is that there is no Sony conference at e3. They will probably wait a few weeks or a month or two to do their conference.

They should have quite a few games to show. From what has been rumored anyway.

- Square enix team ninja FF souls game
- Ff16
- new ip from Cory
- Mark cernys mgs remake
- Tlou remake and factions
- Gt7
- New ip from Destiny guys
- New ip from GG

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
my guess is that there is no Sony conference at e3. They will probably wait a few weeks or a month or two to do their conference.

- Ff16
- new ip from Cory
- Mark cernys mgs remake
- Gt7
- New ip from GG
I could be wrong but I don't see Sony letting their competitors get the spotlight around E3. I think they'll announce their show soon

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I could be wrong but I don't see Sony letting their competitors get the spotlight around E3. I think they'll announce their show soon
I think Sony is trying to sandwich E3 and their competitors.
  • Pre-E3 = Horizon Forbidden West State of Play
  • Mid-E3 = Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart Game Release
  • Post-E3 = Either a God of War State of Play (less likely) or a Summer Sony Show (more likely)
Sony kind of did a similar-ish thing last year. They first released TLOU2. Then held a show in June, a month before Xbox's E3 show. Then in July around Xbox's show, Sony released Ghost of Tsushima. Then a few weeks later, they held their September show.

They were happy letting Xbox go and take the stage last year. I don't think they will mind it this time either.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

• Post-E3 = Either a God of War State of Play (less likely) or a Summer Sony Show (more likely)
Sony kind of did a similar-ish thing last year. They first released TLOU2. Then held a show in June, a month before Xbox's E3 show. Then in July around Xbox's show, Sony released Ghost of Tsushima. Then a few weeks later, they held their September show.

They were happy letting Xbox go and take the stage last year. I don't think they will mind it this time either.
You have a much better memory than me lol but yeah Sony is the best at strategic moves/planning and they might want to give Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart some time in the spotlight to Itself

I can see them waiting until July if needed

kyliethicc

Just a quick point - the PS5 stream was June 11. Then TLOU2 was June 19.

(But both were publicly delayed, TLOU2 was gonna be May release, Ghost got delayed, etc.)

I think this is the only time where I'm glad "next gen" games are cross platform, as I won't buy a ps5 in some years still. Thank god this and GoW come to the ps4 aswell!

NoviDon

theres going to be more of an emphasis on swimming in this game. You can tell with the island and water themes of the early footages they have shown so far. This may piss some people off, but not me, im going to enjoy that alot. The scene in the reveal trailer with aloy swimming through the reefs and discovering the sunken building was beautiful.

Dodkrake

Banned
One of the few flaws this game had was with facial animations, everything looked a bit stiff. Here's hope they improve that. Combat was amazing though, and the world was beautiful.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
theres going to be more of an emphasis on swimming in this game. You can tell with the island and water themes of the early footages they have shown so far. This may piss some people off, but not me, im going to enjoy that alot. The scene in the reveal trailer with aloy swimming through the reefs and discovering the sunken building was beautiful.
yeah, it seems like game #1 (land), game #2 (water), game #3 (aerial).

sircaw

Banned
One of the few flaws this game had was with facial animations, everything looked a bit stiff. Here's hope they improve that. Combat was amazing though, and the world was beautiful.
Loved the game so much,saying that, i did not like the look of Aloy as a child, she reminded me of that kid with the boomerang in Mad max 2

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
you guys should not have too much of expectation for this game.

Not trying to troll , but please remember this game is crossgen.

Last edited:
We get Kena in August and Deathloop in September. July would be perfect.

Aren’t we eating good this year? If PS keeps this pace this year will rival 2001. All we need is Final Fantasy and GT 7 by the end of December.
But what they got for holiday this year? No chance this releases before November, remember Microsoft have Halo lined up and Sony will want a big release around a similar time.

- Ff16
- new ip from Cory
- Mark cernys mgs remake
- Gt7
- New ip from GG
What? Bungie ain't unveiling a new IP anytime soon. GG are working on Horizon obviously and you think they'll unveil another project this year? MGS remake? Does anyone actually want that?

sircaw

Banned
you guys should not have too much of expectation for this game.

Not trying to troll , but please remember this game is crossgen.
SHUT YOUR FACE varmit features, this game will be the bee's knees. "lollipop_disappointed:

You will marvel at its beauty and hmm i wonder if they will end up releasing a ps5 upgraded patch later down the line. :messenger_grinning:

Peace
xxx

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
SHUT YOUR FACE varmit features, this game will be the bee's knees. "lollipop_disappointed:

You will marvel at its beauty and hmm i wonder if they will end up releasing a ps5 upgraded patch later down the line. :messenger_grinning:

Peace
xxx
i believed the game will still wow us visually, but since they have to catered to PS4, i already lowered my expectation, hopefully wont be disappointing

ZywyPL

Banned
"In engine" doesn't equate to the final product though

Exactly. Yesterday this clip popped up on my YT feed:

That's UE4, that's what the engine is capable of, needless to say there aren't any games that come close to it. So indeed, "in-engine" other than showing the overall artstyle is not an indicator of how a game itself will actually look like. For example, GT5 trailers look just as good as GT:Sport, but we all know the game itself (GT5) is faaar from that level of quality.

Last edited:

Rolla

Banned

You have a much better memory than me lol but yeah Sony is the best at strategic moves/planning and they might want to give Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart some time in the spotlight to Itself

I can see them waiting until July if needed

I noticed this as well. PS set a standard early then waited for if the rest of the industry can get close to that standard.

Kinda sucks really. It's almost as if Playstation doesn't feel compelled or the need to compete.

Hobbygaming

I noticed this as well. PS set a standard early then waited for if the rest of the industry can get close to that standard.

Kinda sucks really. It's almost as if Playstation doesn't feel compelled or the need to compete.
It does seem like they really up the ante when they need to. I bet if Xbox brings it at E3 then Sony will drop some bombs in their show

GymWolf

Exactly. Yesterday this clip popped up on my YT feed:

That's UE4, that's what the engine is capable of, needless to say there aren't any games that come close to it. So indeed, "in-engine" other than showing the overall artstyle is not an indicator of how a game itself will actually look like. For example, GT5 trailers look just as good as GT:Sport, but we all know the game itself (GT5) is faaar from that level of quality.

But muh diminishing returns...holy fuck :ROFLMAO:

FrankWza

The guy in the middle is right tho, pure gameplay pic vs in engine cinematics...

Let's wait to see if aloy still have that sexy perfectly rounded ear during gameplay.
That doesn’t need to happen in game. We’ve already seen gameplay and it’s the same difference you see there from last game to this on PS5. Obviously cinematic will be over gameplay. I’m not worried

MastaKiiLA

The guy in the middle is right tho, pure gameplay pic vs in engine cinematics...

Let's wait to see if aloy still have that sexy perfectly rounded ear during gameplay.
Miles and R&C passed the sniff test. I fully expect Horizon to continue that trend.

Also, LOD exists for a reason. Cutscene models never match gameplay models, because you're never as close to the gameplay character model to need the same LOD. This is just smart coding.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Really! who is fronting that developer then?
Fronting?

Sony is funding their first game.

Sony has announced a new partnership with Firewalk Studios, a developer founded by a number of former Bungie employees who are working on a new AAA multiplayer game. That game will now be developed exclusively for PlayStation.

GymWolf

That doesn’t need to happen in game. We’ve already seen gameplay and it’s the same difference you see there from last game to this on PS5. Obviously cinematic will be over gameplay. I’m not worried
We don't really know shit and he was perfectly right in having doubts for that comparison.

Ear details are probably one of the first thing devs cut from actual gameplay because nobody look these things while killing dino-mofos...

GymWolf

Miles and R&C passed the sniff test. I fully expect Horizon to continue that trend.

Also, LOD exists for a reason. Cutscene models never match gameplay models, because you're never as close to the gameplay character model to need the same LOD. This is just smart coding.
I know that in general sony games look almost as good as their cinematics, but is still an unfair comparison because it is pure gameplay against cinematics where details are always better, especially for small things that you don't really notice ingame like ears or mouth or teeth but you notice in close ups during cutscenes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom