• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West Delayed to Q1 2022 (broke by Grubb, verified by Schreier)

Flight sim pc: August 17, 2020

Medium isnt first party

Deaths door isnt first party.

Gears tactic: April 28, 2020

This is about xbox unwilingless to do at least some games for their next gen console. We get it exclusive timed games. But what about your first party games. What was the plan after halo on november 2020. We got nothing. halo was delayed.

Aside of Sony, even Nintendo released some games during this time.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, Pokemon snap, Hyrule warriors age of calamity That was all this year.
Demon Souls isn't first party,
Deathloop isn't first party,
Kena isn't first party.

Those lists don't make much sense that way.
All platforms have that.

kingfey

Banned
Demon Souls isn't first party,
Deathloop isn't first party,
Kena isn't first party.

Those lists don't make much sense that way.
All platforms have that.
Ratchet and Clank.
Demon souls 2nd party
Returnal 2nd party, become 1st party this year.
Miles.

Deathloop, and kena haven't even got released. So I have no idea why you posted them.

We haven't seen anything from Xbox. They don't even own the medium, like Sony owns demon souls.

They didn't even bother outsourcing their IP to other devs, like what they used to do with gears.

Papacheeks

Banned

Yea I can't stand Destin, I think he's a chod.

Guy is so dishonest about his channel, just be a pro xbox channel and be done with it. ANytime he tries to play devils advocate even with people from Forbes on his show it's cringe because he has no clue wtf he's talking about. His recent video had the guy from Forbes on and Destin had no clue what spiderman: Miles morales msrp was? It was $50, $69 if you bought ultimate.

So again his whole video was about SOny responding to Microsoft. But then had no clue that games vary in price on Playstations platform. Like Kena is $40, Sackboy was $59.99.

Guy is clueless and has been since he's been on IGN.

saintjules

"Gamer, father, husband I also enjoy having fun with console wars but respect all platforms. Sub to my YouTube channel"

1600 followers lol.

Tell me you're promoting your twitter account without telling you're promoting your twitter account.

Typical bashing of people, rather than discuss the topic 👍

Haha, that is certainly not me.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
And if it did?

We already have a banger of a year this year with Returnal, Ratchet & Clank and other smaller stuff coming like Deathloop, Kena, Ghost of Ikishima, Death Stranding DC and the multiplatform stuff..

It just makes 2022 extra crazy with GT7, Horizon and possibly GOW along with Ghostwire Tokyo and other games like Sifu.

Wow that's some serious talk yourself into making the ps5 great bs there.

I love ratchet and clank, the ps5 is a great machine, and it's future is bright, but if that's the ps5's 2021 final lineup, it's not a "banger of a year" by any stretch of any imagination.

I don't believe Grubb but we are in August , no date. Seems very possible can be delayed till early next year. Hoping we get a surprise for this November though, fingers crossed.

I mean, if we're going by "no date and it's August" you can also include Halo Infinite. That metric doesn't mean too much.
I think it's a little different where halo has been delayed for a year and is rolling out a beta. Seems like they will release it this year and if delayed again then they will get hell for it due to the drought on Xbox side.
Sony losing a game for 3 or 4 month delay will suck for the holiday season and will get flack but can be seen as less of a blow as some games have come out already on Sony side.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I think it's a little different where halo has been delayed for a year and is rolling out a beta. Seems like they will release it this year and if delayed again then they will get hell for it due to the drought on Xbox side.
Sony losing a game for 3 or 4 month delay will suck for the holiday season and will get flack but can be seen as less of a blow as some games have come out already on Sony side.
Yeah, that's my point. Halo being delayed again would be a huge surprise, while Horizon FW wouldn't be.

Great Hair

Banned

vb0aKBd.png

Bryank75

Banned
Wow that's some serious talk yourself into making the ps5 great bs there.

I love ratchet and clank, the ps5 is a great machine, and it's future is bright, but if that's the ps5's 2021 final lineup, it's not a "banger of a year" by any stretch of any imagination.

Well, I love R&C....has a special place in my heart. I am just getting into Guilty Gear which is another exclusive from this year too....

I still have to play Returnal but it got an 86 meta and looks awesome.

If Xbox or PC games were getting scores like those 3 games, they would be calling them Masterpieces, were people unironically saying The Ascent should be up for GOTY recently? I think I remember something hilariously deluded like that.....

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Lol, the ascent for goty, I'd love to see an actual quote from someone credible saying that.....

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Ratchet and Clank.
Demon souls 2nd party
Miles.

Deathloop, and kena haven't even got released. So I have no idea why you posted them.

We haven't seen anything from Xbox. They don't even own the medium, like Sony owns demon souls.

They didn't even bother outsourcing their IP to other devs, like what they used to do with gears.
This keeps coming up and people keep ignoring the facts.

There is truly no such thing as "second party."

What is first party?

(Demon's Souls is first party).

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
This keeps coming up and people keep ignoring the facts.

There is truly no such thing as "second party."

What is first party?

(Demon's Souls is first party).
2nd party means owning the IP, but not the studio. Sony owns Death stranding, despite kojima doing the game. In this case, any game that is developed by a different studio, other than 1st party studio is a 2nd party game, because you own the IP.

kingfey

Banned
Well, I love R&C....has a special place in my heart. I am just getting into Guilty Gear which is another exclusive from this year too....

If Xbox or PC games were getting scores like those 3 games, they would be calling them Masterpieces, were people unironically saying The Ascent should be up for GOTY recently? I think I remember something hilariously deluded like that.....
To me those 2 titles are meh. Ascent has some thing these 2 dont really have. I am not in to a fighting game that much. Ratchet is just generic Anthropomorphic shooter game, with wow graphics.

Ascent gameplay is quite refreshing. These type of games are great, since you are thinking about your steps carefully.

To each their own though. I am not looking down on either of them. Its just they are generic to me. Same as how ascent is generic to you. Or you consider other people scores to be masterpiece. While to me, those guys are annoying, who have no idea how those games work, and do needless comparison.

Bryank75

Banned
To me those 2 titles are meh. Ascent has some thing these 2 dont really have. I am not in to a fighting game that much. Ratchet is just generic Anthropomorphic shooter game, with wow graphics.

Ascent gameplay is quite refreshing. These type of games are great, since you are thinking about your steps carefully.

To each their own though. I am not looking down on either of them. Its just they are generic to me. Same as how ascent is generic to you. Or you consider other people scores to be masterpiece. While to me, those guys are annoying, who have no idea how those games work, and do needless comparison.
Yeah, yeah, you'll parade FH5 scores when they come out.... it's easy pretend scores don't mean something when the game on your platform didn't do it critically.

I doubt you even played 'those 2'.

What you said, is like me saying Knack was better than RDR.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Yeah, yeah, you'll parade FH5 scores when they come out.... it's easy pretend scores don't mean something when the game on your platform didn't do it critically.

I doubt you even played 'those 2'.

What you said, is like me saying Knack was better than RDR.
I am not fan of forza series. I am of need for speed fan.

They did not. The cross gen thing came in an interview in September, not during the game reveal.

My bad; could've sworn it was back at the June event, got my wires crossed on that one.

Actually, I broke this back in MAY immediately after the State of Play. Grubb didn't break shit

I think people were hoping you were wrong as it turns out you were wrong about GamePass :pie_wfwt:

Wait, So Horizon and God War 2 are going to be on PS4 in 2022?

Most likely yeah, unless those versions get cancelled for some reason in the meantime. Would prefer if they did 8th-gen support via streaming the way Microsoft seems to be doing going forward, but it is what it is.

Redfall is summer 2022. Between now and then Sony will have released just Horizon Forbidden West, what "raft of games"? Gran Turismo 7 should come at fall and God of War 5 for fall or the holidays, though to be honest there is a chance of God of War 5 getting further delayed. Microsoft has Forza Motorsport, Redfall and Starfield for next year which are all actual next-gen games.

I guess this is a way of looking at it if just talking 1P content. But there is the timed 3P exclusives like Kena and Deathloop as well.

Though if folks are going to do that WRT Sony's slate (and rightfully so), they have to do that for Microsoft as well: Replaced, S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 are two examples, plus Bright Memory Infinite, Scorn etc.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

I highly recommend Returnal, it has far exceeded my expectations. The weapons and gameplay is top notch and the story is intriguing. It's a good challenge too

SSfox

Just few months ago we were worry that Jimbo is that kind of guy that will try to rush games and force devs to release unfishined games, even Jaffe was thinking a bit like that.

But if this news is true it sound that it was not the case, which is good news of course, expect of course for the whiners that enjoy rushed buggy games like Bethesda and CDPR games.

JLB

Banned
Ratchet and Clank.
Demon souls 2nd party
Miles.

Not sure if you are the same guy I was arguing the other day. I mean, the one that said that Microsoft Flight Simulator cant be counted as Microsoft 1st party because... because nice reasons.
Anyways, Microsoft Flight Simulator.

EDMIX

2nd party means owning the IP, but not the studio. Sony owns Death stranding, despite kojima doing the game. In this case, any game that is developed by a different studio, other than 1st party studio is a 2nd party game, because you own the IP.

tbh I've never understood all that and would assume owning the IP would make something first party as that is indeed the key component, as in a team can close down and Sony can just get someone else to do an IP. I don't know how much first or second party really means in that area.

As in....Uncharted is first party, but Uncharted collection is second party as they don't own Bluepoint games? Yet in this situation, what would that really matter at the end of the day?

kingfey

Banned
tbh I've never understood all that and would assume owning the IP would make something first party as that is indeed the key component, as in a team can close down and Sony can just get someone else to do an IP. I don't know how much first or second party really means in that area.

As in....Uncharted is first party, but Uncharted collection is second party as they don't own Bluepoint games? Yet in this situation, what would that really matter at the end of the day?
It creates a chaos between 1st party studios, and other parties. 1st party studio arent that much familiar with the project those companies are doing. Naughty dog devs have no idea how to continue with death stranding, IF MS bought kojima in the future.

This is main reason why KI2 isnt being made by now. It has too many different dna.

1st party studio might make the game better, or worst. Can any of MS 1st studio manage to do what ASOBO did with flight sim? Or Moon studio with Ori franchise?

These are issues between 1st party and 2nd party. You have to buy that studio, to continue making these games. Or gamble with your studios.

I have no idea who can do a remake like Bluepoint from Sony studios.

EDMIX

It creates a chaos between 1st party studios, and other parties. 1st party studio arent that much familiar with the project those companies are doing. Naughty dog devs have no idea how to continue with death stranding, IF MS bought kojima in the future.

This is main reason why KI2 isnt being made by now. It has too many different dna.

1st party studio might make the game better, or worst. Can any of MS 1st studio manage to do what ASOBO did with flight sim? Or Moon studio with Ori franchise?

These are issues between 1st party and 2nd party. You have to buy that studio, to continue making these games. Or gamble with your studios.

I have no idea who can do a remake like Bluepoint from Sony studios.

I don't disagree with you on that as each team will have strengths and weaknesses, simply that the term first or second party seems to have almost entirely to do with simply the team making it, but in this respect almost no game can really be considered "first party" as most AAA titles have work from smaller outsourced teams for certain areas.

Take what you said about MS Flight Sim, I agree with what you are saying, but team ASOBO from what I see didn't make that game alone, a team owned by MS also worked on the game.

So it wasn't done 100% only by MS owned teams, but then again what game is truly only done 100% only by a team owned by a publisher? So its why i don't really get how the term is used as I don't really believe such a thing is that relevant compared to the IP. Its not to say changing teams won't effect things, its to say why even name this term based on this when almost nothing can really apply as "first party" using this multi team logic thing?

I also don't know how much of that game was made by ACE Game studios, simply pointing out why the term never made sense to me to focus on the team and not the IP itself.

Do we just need a new term thats like "IPs owned by" or "Publisher IP" or "first IP" lol idk

JLB JLB ikr if its just down to the team, almost nothing really fits that term in AAA gaming where many studios can be used to help on a game.

kingfey

Banned
I don't disagree with you on that as each team will have strengths and weaknesses, simply that the term first or second party seems to have almost entirely to do with simply the team making it, but in this respect almost no game can really be considered "first party" as most AAA titles have work from smaller outsourced teams for certain areas.

Take what you said about MS Flight Sim, I agree with what you are saying, but team ASOBO from what I see didn't make that game alone, a team owned by MS also worked on the game.

So it wasn't done 100% only by MS owned teams, but then again what game is truly only done 100% only by a team owned by a publisher? So its why i don't really get how the term is used as I don't really believe such a thing is that relevant compared to the IP. Its not to say changing teams won't effect things, its to say why even name this term based on this when almost nothing can really apply as "first party" using this multi team logic thing?

I also don't know how much of that game was made by ACE Game studios, simply pointing out why the term never made sense to me to focus on the team and not the IP itself.

Do we just need a new term thats like "IPs owned by" or "Publisher IP" or "first IP" lol idk

JLB JLB ikr if its just down to the team, almost nothing really fits that term in AAA gaming where many studios can be used to help on a game.
I would just use non owned devs for 2nd party. If its owned devs, then its first party. Easy term. I didnt know what 1st party and 2nd party was at first. Until sony and xbox bought insomniac and playground studios.

ZywyPL

Banned
After that long SoP showcase? That's a bummer. But then again, Q4 is always crowded as hell, while GG games usually launch in February, so that's when I think HFW will also launch.

So much concern over "lack of PS5 exclusives" from the same hypocrites who've been singing the praises of a console that had none from launch till summer.

Yeah, that's the part where people are laughing hard at all the "lol no next-gen exclusives" and "gamepass filler" crowd. Those people shouldn't make clowns of themselves in the first place because it will always eventually backfire, like games being delayed or being cross-gen. Don't make bold publishing claims if you're not the man in charge, simple as that.

Microsoft wasn't the company that had an event during Holiday 2020 and lied about Horizon 2, God of War 2, and GT7 being 2021 launch window games and only available on PS5. Sony was dishonest about their game schedule and cross-platform plans, and that's why they are getting flak now.

It does make you wonder when the games announced last year for 2021 release get delayed to 2022 (if not later), didn't Sony knew how behind the schedule they are? What was the state of those games? We're talking about at least 2 years between the announcements and actual releases, what was Ryan thinking?

2.) also how the tables have turned. Microsoft had jack shit last holiday, now they have two big games coming and sony have little to nothing. Its like they traded places.

Spencer probably took all the "show us Phil, don't tell us!" comments very personally ;)

Top Bottom