• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West Delayed to Q1 2022 (broke by Grubb, verified by Schreier)

kyliethicc

He also said Starfield was coming this year ... and Battlefield would be on game pass day 1.

And he said Xbox Live would be free.

Oh and he said Nintendo was gonna put out 4K Switch Pro this year lol

Keegan-Michael Key Lol GIF by HULU

Last edited:

Hawke502

He also said Starfield was coming this year ... and Battlefield would be on game pass day 1.

Oh and he said Nintendo was gonna put out 4K Switch Pro this year lol

Keegan-Michael Key Lol GIF by HULU
He also said Avalanche was developing a game for Xbox and that Hellblade II wouldn't be at Microsoft's conference when that leaker who got everything else right was saying otherwise, so maybe this is true.

reksveks

If you guys don't believe him, why reply to the thread? Just to state that you don't believe him?

I could see it slipping into 22, I don't think it would make a significant difference to console sales.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Of course it will. It's almost August and we don't have a date yet. Early next year.

yurinka

Why any random guess of this guy deserves a new thread? Please, ignore him.

Like any game originally planned for late 2021 is pretty likely that may end delayed to 2022, as happened with many other ones before due to normal delays and due to covid. And in this case, because Sony may prefer to wait until they have more consoles in the store. It's just common sense. But who knows, we won't know it until Sony announces a release date probably in September.

good, please remove PS4 support
It wouldn't make sense. The game started to be developed back in 2017 as a PS4 game, the tech inside PS5 wasn't even designed back then. And as of now, the game must be pretty much done and they should be in bugfixing stage, where only some tweaks and optimizations are done. The game wouldn't change a shit canning the PS4 version.

But all their games on coming out on PS4. HZD, GT7 & GOW are all cross gen.
These games, plus other like Morales, Sackboy or Guilty Gear are crossgen. And who cares?

They're still great games, and when their development started they were still years away from knowing the final PS5 specs, so it made sense to develop these games for PS4 and then upscale them for PS5.

If you want next gen only stuff, There are games like Demon's Souls remake, Astro, Returnal, Ratchet, FFVIIR Intergrade or Deathloop.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I remember expecting this and everyone freaking out. Always better to assume it will come a little bit later that announced these days. I'd prefer it put back a month or so rather than just being rushed out the seasons rush.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Well the same could be said for halo as well.

Halo was already delayed a year, it's not quite the same situation. It still could, but MS know exactly how bad that would look and can divert infinite funding to making sure it doesn't happen.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
This guy literally hasn’t had any sources at Sony since last years variable clock boost dumbfuckery he tried taking about & Sony then cut him off his inside source.
yes giant bomb gaming hired him gave him his own show.
this dude has the best connections in the industry

He is like a fat internet info cow we all milk for knowledge.
He knows shit you wouldn't even dare to dream off.

All he does is decide when to share it.

That fucker prolly been using the steam deck for 1 year now. And knew about it when the switch came out.

Last edited:
yes giant bomb gaming hired him gave him his own show.
this dude has the best connections in the industry

He is like a fat internet info cow we all milk for knowledge.
He knows shit you wouldn't even dare to dream off.

All he does is decide when to share it.

That fucker prolly been using the steam deck for 1 year now. And knew about it when the switch came out.

the rock asian GIF

EDMIX

If there wasn't for Battlefield 2042 this would be the worst year ever for gaming😅

At least BF2042 sales should be great since its only AAA game released in 2021

lol I don't think its that that bad.

If Horizon Zero Dawn indeed is delayed, I feel it will suck, but this year had some gems Returnal, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Bravely Default 2, Scarlet Nexus, and the rest of the year as some solid releases

Far Cry 6 is still coming out, that Left 4 Dead successor, Dying Light 2 etc.

Not the worst, but could be better.

BF2042 will likely also be my most played game this year by a lot lol

Airbus Jr

Banned
Dont really like the guy but i also think HFW will be delayed to 22 i mean think about it if its really coming this year it will have release date by now

Last edited:
Top Bottom