• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West Delayed to Q1 2022 (broke by Grubb, verified by Schreier)

If we are going to count cross gen games, and mediocre non system sellers like sack boy.... Then we have a hell of a lot more Xbox games to count for the first year too.

Sea of theives expansion
Gears of War hivebusters
Falconeer
Etc etc

But of course those games won't be counted. I love it how a PS gamer can't even meet me in the middle. PS had a good first half... Not so much second half. But it's impossible to admit to most fanboys on gaf.

you listed a bunch of cross gen games on Xbox as well and omitted bonafide PS5 exclusives

I agree that with the delay of HZ:FW, the second half of this year for PS5 isn’t doing much for me.

but on the flip side it’s not like Xbox is all that great either unless you’re into halo and forza. Forza is very likely to be solid if you’re into it but infinite is still a question mark and I doubt it’s really going to knock anyone’s socks off

Great Hair

Banned
C76Po6m.png

Fredrik

Why is everything turning into console war? Did people sell everything they own to afford a scalped PS5 or XSX or what’s the deal?
There is no need for everything to be about XSX vs PS5, almost everything is still on last gen consoles, and PC, Microsoft even have their games on Steam now, and Sony too in some cases.

kingfey

Banned
MS Flight Sim. Also, the Medium, Ascent and Death’s Door don’t count? Games aren’t fun to play or worth consideration if you don’t see a “Microsoft Game Studios” splash screen when you boot it up? I don’t understand your mentality at all.

Also, Gears Tactics. Now tell me how you that’s impossible to enjoy since people with an Xbox One can play an inferior version.
Flight sim pc: August 17, 2020

Medium isnt first party

Deaths door isnt first party.

Gears tactic: April 28, 2020

This is about xbox unwilingless to do at least some games for their next gen console. We get it exclusive timed games. But what about your first party games. What was the plan after halo on november 2020. We got nothing. halo was delayed.

Aside of Sony, even Nintendo released some games during this time.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, Pokemon snap, Hyrule warriors age of calamity That was all this year.

kingfey

Banned
Things often change, and you can't have more than 2 AAA games per quarter anyway. Very unlikely. And if they get delayed, then suddenly your calendar looks empty.

PlayStation still has: Kena, Deathloop, Death Stranding Director's Cut and Ghost of Tsushima's Director Cut for H2 2021. (Both re-releases have additional story content, so it's worth mentioning). Xbox has Forza and Halo Infinite, which marks a good quarter for them.

But it's worth remembering that PlayStation will have ~10 games in the first 12 months since the PS5 launched. Moreover, Xbox won't have anything big in H1 2022, while Sony will have 2-3 big games (Forspoken, Horizon, and one of God of War or GT7).

So these things do keep changing quarter by quarter. It's more sensible to look at the output on a yearly basis.
Xbox will have starfield, Motorsport, Greed fall. 3rd party games would be stalker 2, and some indie games for gamepass. We still have other games, which they havent been announced yet.

kingfey

Banned
Why is everything turning into console war? Did people sell everything they own to afford a scalped PS5 or XSX or what’s the deal?
There is no need for everything to be about XSX vs PS5, almost everything is still on last gen consoles, and PC, Microsoft even have their games on Steam now, and Sony too in some cases.
Since when did humans have a decency? We fought over a women, Over a freaking bucket. Console wars is perfectly reasonable at this moment.

When you have 2 opposite side, there is bound to be an argument. Its why you cant have Madrid fans and Barcelona fans in 1 room. Or Ronaldo fans and Messi fans in 1 room.

93xfan

Banned
Flight sim pc: August 17, 2020

Medium isnt first party

Deaths door isnt first party.

Gears tactic: April 28, 2020

This is about xbox unwilingless to do at least some games for their next gen console. We get it exclusive timed games. But what about your first party games. What was the plan after halo on november 2020. We got nothing. halo was delayed.

Aside of Sony, even Nintendo released some games during this time.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, Pokemon snap, Hyrule warriors age of calamity That was all this year.

So you own a PC and have played Flight Sim and Gears Tactics?

Death’s Door and The Medium not being first party affects your enjoyment of them how?

kingfey

Banned
So you own a PC and have played Flight Sim and Gears Tactics?

Death’s Door and The Medium not being first party affects your enjoyment of them how?
You seem to be going all over the place. read my first point. The discussion was about xbox not having any plan to release any game from their studios, since the series console release until this month.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Xbox will have starfield, Motorsport, Greed fall. 3rd party games would be stalker 2, and some indie games for gamepass. We still have other games, which they havent been announced yet.
Did you mean Redfall? I think it could be an H1 2022 game, but I'm not sure, considering we only saw a CGI trailer. The rest are all likely to be Fall 2022 games; I was talking about H1 2022.

And my point was exactly that: that comparing games output for such brief periods (such as Q1/Q4 or Spring/Fall) isn' a good idea, and that games output should be measured on a yearly basis, because publishers rarely go for more than one AAA per quarter, and if that gets delayed, the calendar suddenly starts looking empty.

P.S. I don't think there is anything big coming as a surprise from Xbox in H1 2022. Otherwise, we'd have seen it in Xbox/Bethesda E3 2021.

you listed a bunch of cross gen games on Xbox as well and omitted bonafide PS5 exclusives

I agree that with the delay of HZ:FW, the second half of this year for PS5 isn’t doing much for me.

but on the flip side it’s not like Xbox is all that great either unless you’re into halo and forza. Forza is very likely to be solid if you’re into it but infinite is still a question mark and I doubt it’s really going to knock anyone’s socks off

See what I mean 😂.

"Xbox has no games (if exclude cross gen titles) . But I'm going to include games cross gen games for PS5 to inflate numbers. So im going to include Sackboy and spiderman.

Oh and you guys have only got Flight Sim, Forza and Halo. But that only counts if your into that. So I'm not going to count them either. But I'm going to count every single PS5 gsme because everyone's into that.

See PS5 has more games"

Is it really that hard to admit the xbox has a good second half line up. Its not that hard for me to say the PS5 had a good first half. It didn't kill me. Why are PS5 die hards so defensive

Last edited:
Oh and you guys have only got Flight Sim, Forza and Halo. But that only counts if your into that. So I'm not going to count them either. But I'm going to count every single PS5 gsme because everyone's into that.

"Into that" is a very weird condition for Halo and Forza.

MS used to make those games mostly, so did an exceptional job at making them inviting and accessible, without dumbing them down.

Am surprised at how noob friendly those games are while being super deep if you want to really get into them.

So, everyone that gets xbox are definitely into those games.

93xfan

Banned
You seem to be going all over the place. read my first point. The discussion was about xbox not having any plan to release any game from their studios, since the series console release until this month.

I don’t have to track your whole history to respond to you, but here’s an earlier post:

Cant disagree with xbox. 0 games for their console. At least one game would have been enough. Sadly, things dont popup from the sky.

Gamepass is great. But where the fuk are the games. Its new experience. At least bring us some shit to play.

My 2 points are simple: if you don’t have a high end PC, don’t complain about games being already on PC.

If a game is good and is exclusive, who cares who made it. Are we going to complain that Demon Souls isn’t first party as well? Can I play that on Xbox? Then the same standards should also apply when Xbox has exclusives. I get that some are rumored to be timed, but we don’t know for sure.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
That‘s absolutely right. Good thing nobody has critizied MS for their approach. I believe some guy from Sony said something like „we believe in generations“ or something. Must have been some twitter idiot though 😂 I mean with most of their games all of a sudden going crossgen, who would make a Statement like that. 😂
Yet out of the two companies one has actual next gen exclusive games, the other has games all the way back on the xbox one

kingfey

Banned
I don’t have to track your whole history to respond to you, but here’s an earlier post:

My 2 points are simple: if you don’t have a high end PC, don’t complain about games being already on PC.

If a game is good and is exclusive, who cares who made it. Are we going to complain that Demon Souls isn’t first party as well? Can I play that on Xbox? Then the same standards should also apply when Xbox has exclusives. I get that some are rumored to be timed, but we don’t know for sure.
I have all the 4 system. Flight sim in on my gamepass downloads.

Like I said before, you are going all over the places.

We arent talking about how good the games are. We are talking about how xbox, isnt taking this shit seriously. Its like the last generation all over again. Their lack of putting 1 single game is astonishing. No one cares if that game is bad or not. At least give us a game, for your next gen console. Dont release it, without your studios making a game for it.

If it werent for gamepass, what could Xbox excuse be? Pandemic? Delays? The only game they delayed was halo. And that game got delayed, because they were trying to release a half assed graphic game.

They still arent taking this shit seriously. They dont even have a 2022 line up, without Bethesda. Only 2022 line up is forza motorsport. The rest are very far away.

EDMIX

If Horizon makes 2022 look possibly like that, no doubt GoW or GT will be pushed to 2023.
Not likely, as in I don't see that game making other games delay.

We just had a year where Sony put out Ghost Of Tsushima, The Last Of Us 2, Spiderman Miles Morales, Demon Souls remake..... to say 1 AAA game will make others delay doesn't really fit how they've done things

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Did you mean Redfall? I think it could be an H1 2022 game, but I'm not sure, considering we only saw a CGI trailer. The rest are all likely to be Fall 2022 games; I was talking about H1 2022.

And my point was exactly that: that comparing games output for such brief periods (such as Q1/Q4 or Spring/Fall) isn' a good idea, and that games output should be measured on a yearly basis, because publishers rarely go for more than one AAA per quarter, and if that gets delayed, the calendar suddenly starts looking empty.

P.S. I don't think there is anything big coming as a surprise from Xbox in H1 2022. Otherwise, we'd have seen it in Xbox/Bethesda E3 2021.
summer 2022. that is when the game would be released. If we get more lockdown, they might get delayed though.

There is the game awards reveal. That is where we got 2021+ line ups. They might be saving some of bethesda games like Wolfenstein. Or some 3rd party timed exclusive games.

This gen is pretty lackluster. 2 years would be struggle for games. GOW2 and GT might get delayed even more, as those dont even have a release date. GT might, but i doubt Gow 2 has any chance of seeing 2022, since we have no clue about the game, aside of logo. I might be wrong on that one.

At least 2023 would be stacked. Spiderman 2 and Avowed/fableR might be interesting.

kingfey

Banned
Not likely, as in I don't see that game making other games delay.

We just had a year where Sony put out Ghost Of Tsushima, The Last Of Us 2, Spiderman Miles Morales, Demon Souls remake..... to say 1 AAA game will make others delay doesn't really fit how they've done things
Those games didnt have lockdown. GT and GOW2 were being made during a lockdown and pandemic. So its possible that they get delayed.

Even MS line up for 2022, aside of starfield might get delayed too.

See what I mean 😂.

"Xbox has no games (if exclude cross gen titles) . But I'm going to include games cross gen games for PS5 to inflate numbers. So im going to include Sackboy and spiderman.

See PS5 has more games"

Is it really that hard to admit the xbox has a good second half line up. Its not that hard for me to say the PS5 had a good first half. It didn't kill me. Why are PS5 die hards so defensive

good relative to their history?

I mean…forza and halo are not exactly unexpected titles from them and 343 has done a horrible job managing the series so far. It had a laughable reception last e3

im not going to crown Microsoft having a good year overall just because it may be a good year relative to their meager offerings almost every single year.

meanwhile Sony has already released two large next gen exclusive PS5 games this year that came with great critical reception

droughts are bound to happen early in the generation. still so much better than PS4 so cant really complain. hell, microsoft have barely released anything for years. if anything theres more expectation on them now seeing as they have the double the amount of studios sony has. its not like they're coming with banging new ip is it? its just halo and forza again. although the fact they are launching on gamepass just makes it seem better because theres no need to fork out hundred of pounds on these games. they will be right there ready to download for subscribers. its amazing value for sure.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
good relative to their history?

I mean…forza and halo are not exactly unexpected titles from them and 343 has done a horrible job managing the series so far. It had a laughable reception last e3

im not going to crown Microsoft having a good year overall just because it may be a good year relative to their meager offerings almost every single year.

meanwhile Sony has already released two large next gen exclusive PS5 games this year that came with great critical reception
That little part is little iffy. Not trying to downplay it, but those released games arent big.

Miles was small. Demons was remake, Returnal while good, is impossible to get for average joe, And ratchet is ratchet. It wont sit down with the big boys.

Both parties big hitters are hiding. Honestly one of worst next gen so far. Sony should have had more resources on Horizon forbiden west, and Make it 2021 line up. Even with cross gen, it would have been a big game. Sadly we cant get it.

93xfan

Banned
We arent talking about how good the games are. We are talking about how xbox, isnt taking this shit seriously. Its like the last generation all over again. Their lack of putting 1 single game is astonishing. No one cares if that game is bad or not. At least give us a game, for your next gen console

No one cares if a game is bad or not?!?! Just release something?!?!

I think I’m starting to see your mentality.

You want a new, next-gen ONLY exclusive game that hasn’t been released on PC, AND has to be first party, BUT can be a terrible game. What an interesting criteria for a gamer to publicly claim to want.

Last edited:
The no release date or window on the last state of play was a good indication it would be delayed, but what they showed was very polished so its quite hard to guess either way. Hopefully it's not as it was PS big release of the holidays.

kingfey

Banned
No one cares if a game is bad or not?!?! Just release something?!?!

I think I’m starting to see your mentality.

You want a new, next-gen ONLY exclusive game that hasn’t been released on PC, AND has to be first party, BUT can be a terrible game. What an interesting criteria for a gamer to publicly claim to want.
Are people this much retarded?
Who the fk asked for next gen only game. We havent even got a game since next gen console was released. HELL, even an xbox one exclusive game.

At this point, a terrible game is better than nothing.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
2022 for PlayStation 5 will be Horizon II: Forbidden West in February and Gran Turismo 7 in Fall 2022. I don't believe that God of War Ragnarok releases in 2022. Like, no chance.

2022 for Xbox Series will be Redfall in the summer, my guess is June with Forza Motorsport in September and Starfield in November.

I do believe that there will be a surprise exclusive in the first quarter for Xbox. My guess is Wolfenstein III. Sony will have that Spring/Summer gap but we'll see what their studios have up their sleeve.

Varteras

Gold Member
Expected this to be the case since we didn't even have a seasonal release window by the middle of the year. I'm sure Guerrilla pushed it but better safe than sorry. PS5's first 12 months were already awesome without Forbidden West. This will probably lead to a stacked 2022 for them.

kingfey

Banned
If you ignore all the games then yes, there are no games.

You're a joke.
What games am I ignoring?

Is there another reality, where xbox released anything from their 1st party studios, since the Series console was released?

If there is any such a game, I would like to know what that game is.

Please dont say gamepass. or 3rd party games like the medium. I need a strictly game, which was made by xbox 1st party studios.

MrFunSocks

Banned
What games am I ignoring?

Is there another reality, where xbox released anything from their 1st party studios, since the Series console was released?

If there is any such a game, I would like to know what that game is.

Please dont say gamepass. or 3rd party games like the medium. I need a strictly game, which was made by xbox 1st party studios.
Gears Tactics released day 1 lol. Flight sim just released. That's 2. People have already told you this multiple times, yet you keep ignoring them so you can console war for Sony.

MS also have updated lots of their games with next gen patches.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Are people this much retarded?
Who the fk asked for next gen only game. We havent even got a game since next gen console was released. HELL, even an xbox one exclusive game.

At this point, a terrible game is better than nothing.
We listed multiple. If you’re whining about games being on PC, this was well known before the console even launched and you have no one but yourself to blame.

Markio128

Redfall is summer 2022. Between now and then Sony will have released just Horizon Forbidden West, what "raft of games"? Gran Turismo 7 should come at fall and God of War 5 for fall or the holidays, though to be honest there is a chance of God of War 5 getting further delayed. Microsoft has Forza Motorsport, Redfall and Starfield for next year which are all actual next-gen games.
Please check PlayStation game release dates - they tend to be Jan to Apr. I expect Aug/Sep this year for Sony to announce some release dates along with announcements of new games. If you think Sony will have nothing to release between now and next fall other than HFW, then I don’t know what to say.

Edit: Btw, there is just as much chance of God Of War 2 and GT7 releasing pre summer as those games you mentioned + there is the new FF game and another from Square on the way.

Last edited:
They have Ratchet and Clank, Returnal, Ghost of Tsushima PS5, and Miles Morales.

Yes, I know they're already out, but by Christmas they may actually be affordable :pie_invert:

Also: people might actually be able to get PS5s by then.

True that.

Sale date is more important than release date at this point.

Black Friday sale is pretty much whole sale release date for all Sony exclusives for me.

Salz01

It seems Sony’s only big game this year will be it’s partnership with COD. And if that game craps the bed like it’s rumored to be, Sony better have some nice sales. Xbox will Forza, Halo, and it’s partnership wit Battlefield. Not to mention Gamepass of Back for Blood. All games which have multiplayer components. Kind of can see where the mind share will be this Xmas.

geary

These conversations are hilarious. You guys are fighting over exclusive games which make like 5% of total games released in a year. Are you telling me that you game only 1-2 weeks per year? That the time necessary to play all the exclusive within a year.....What are you playing the rest of the year....Since this a gaming forum, I don't think you are the type of gamer which few hours every 1-2 months....

To summaries (from how long to beat - main story)
Sony:
1. Ratchet ~11 hours
2. Returnal ~20 hours
3. Demon Souls ~ 24 hours
4. Miles Morales ~ 7 hours

Xbox:
1. Flight Simulator ~30 hours
2. The Ascent ~ 9 hours
3. The Medium ~9 hours
4. The Falconeer ~ 8 hours

Are you saying, that during a year you game only 55-65 hours? Let's say 100 hours, because you are completionists , which means ~ 4 hours per week for the first half-year.

RGB'D

Were people really holding out hope for this year? Nobody needed psychic powers to realize this was not coming out in 2021. First game was fun, and the demo looked even better. I hope they are taking the time to flesh out the world and add some more content but take as much time as needed to make sure it's great.

lol people thnk god of war will slip to 2023? if there initial early target was 2021, theres no way it slips that far. this isnt a halo infinite situation. i think sony will have a date to go with the gameplay showcase we get. sony pretty much always release their games in the first half of the year. horizon 2 will be first, followed by god of war and than gran turismo 7 imo. if sony have a drought, you know they will bounce back hard.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I'm waiting for official by Sony which will be tomorrow or Tuesday.

If we dont here anything from Sony, then some heads are rolling out at Bloomberg.

I'm waiting for official by Sony which will be tomorrow or Tuesday.

If we dont here anything from Sony, then some heads are rolling out at Bloomberg.

they'll make the announcment on tuesday. dont really like shreier but he's pretty much spot on when it comes to these things.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
We listed multiple. If you’re whining about games being on PC, this was well known before the console even launched and you have no one but yourself to blame.
dj khaled lol GIF by Ben L

Please stop trying pc in to this. No one cares whether the game is on pc or not.

We only care, how many games are released on the console. That is all.

This isn't a Playstation fan talking. This is a guy who owns their console and pc, plus other consoles. So I expect better result from them.

Top Bottom